TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

1. Ryan, Massillon Ohio
  2. I have a Putt-Out may I currently use couple times a week
  3. Other than the Putt-Out I have not owned any other mats personally. But I will try display models in shops on their turf
  4. I would like to test the slow. I pay public courses mainly unless it is a work event.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. First Name and Location - David, Nashville, TN
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? I live in Tennessee so I’m playing golf year around but I have always had a putting mat in my home to practice at home. Hasn’t worked well (yet) in regards to transitioning from my mat to the course. 
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - i have tried a lot of different brands. Right now, I just own a Callaway mat. Gone through too many. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test - would prefer 10 range as I am a member at a course with quick greens and always like practicing on faster than slower green speeds. 

Ben / Mesa, AZ
I currently have a WellPutt mat in my garage, as well as a Putt Out, that gives me something to practice with.
So far I have been disappointed with the WellPutt, only because the box touted being able to use the app, but that app only services the more expensive set ups.  The PuttOut, however, is great and frustrating all at once.

Being that I usually play municipal courses, the slow (9-10 stimp) model would work best for me.

PXG Proto 9* w/ Accra 162i stiff

Callaway Epic Flash 15* 3 wood w/EvenFlow Green stiff

Callaway Epic Flash 18* 5 wood w/EvenFlow Green Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21 and 25* hybrids with Tensei stiff shafts

Mystery MC12-12MF 5-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Honma Tour World 50* with Dynamic Gold

Cleveland CBX 56* with Dynamic Gold

Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas putter, 33"

Depends on what course I am going to play. For fast greens, I will typically put on vinyl plank flooring. For regular greens, upstairs hallway on the carpet.

I used to have one of those 'competitor' mats, but it just caused me to get my stroke off centered to play the break in the mat.

I'd like to test the medium speed as that is what speed my home course is set at most of the time.

1. Aaron, Edmonton AB, Canada
  2. I used to use our carpet and a coffee cup, but now that we have hardwood flooring I don't.
  3. Last mat was horrible as green fuzz kept on coming off.
  4. Slow, 9-10
3 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Jamie, evansville Indiana

Carpet and a dave pelz 3 foot mat with a small hole

I have pelz matt and have used multiple mat types over 40 years

Medium

Bradley / San Francisco, CA 

I putt at my local golf course (Presidio) and a 3.3x10 putting mat from Gracetech on my balcony. It’s synthetic grass but dirty outside and hard to clean. I want something to putt on inside my office.

consideirng the puttview system down the road. I need to focus on the first foot of roll off my putter and visualizing breaks better to take strokes off my game

Bogey golfer

preferred mat: 8x8 classic, 3 side b cups, medium stimpmeter. Contour shims and bumpers would be AMAZING .

Edited by BradleyE
Updating type
  1. Name and location: Nathan B.  Royal Oak, MI
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? I would categorize it as shaper than dull.  ;)  I put at indoor facility and also carpet at home.  
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - limited to moderate use over the last 5 years.  I find that I only put for 10 minutes in lieu of practicing for 45 mins at the course. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test.  Medium 10-11 but would be open to all three.  I play munis to private and everything in between.

Micah
Salt Lake City, Utah
Currently I use the skillz accelerator putting mat: it’s the 1st mat I’ve purchased. It’s improved my starting line/direction, but not my speed.
I’d like to try the slow/municipality green speed mat

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Mike New York

The only way for me to practice in the winter is with a putt-out on different carpets!with different piles.

I also have some practice mats that I unroll as well but the ball doesn’t roll the same.

medium mat would be perfect as I typically play public courses and the occasional private course if I get an invite or golf trip.

I would love to be part of the testing team for indoor putting greens!  I live in northern Indiana and you have to keep skills sharp inside during the off-season.  I have a practice green now but it is not great and I don’t have much confidence in how true the roll is.  I believe I would be a perfect person to contribute to this as I like to practice putting and I could provide a view of contrast between the products tested versus low end practice putting surfaces.

I would love an indoor putting mat to test.

Driver Mavrik Subzero set to 9.5. 
Rougue 4 wood 16.5

Titleist 818 hybrid 21

Callaway Apex pro black dot 4 through P

Callaway Jaws 50/10,, MD 4 56/10, and Titlest SM 6 60/12

SC Futura 5.5

1. John, Pittsburgh-PA
  2. I have been practicing a ton on my carpet using BIRDIEMASTER putting cup (from 90's)... but typically wane down practicing during the winter
  3. During COVID, I stayed with a friend for a month, and used his Perfect Practice quite often. I've also had non-branded roll-up green which I didn't find very easy to use since I was forced to roll-up up at the request of wife.
  4. Medium speed would be nice with cups on both side simulating up/down grain for differing speed.

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6

3-Wood: Callaway Great Big Bertha (2015)

Hybrid: Cobra Amp Cell 3H

Irons: Callaway Apex 2019 4-AW

Wedges: Callaway MD4 56 & 60

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport (2018)

Jim North Carolina

I practice on course putting green year round, weather in N.C. is pretty good all year

I’ve putted on friends indoor mat before

Would love to try the ultimate green with fast speed

1. Noah- Western Massachusetts 
  2. Practice putting on hardwood and carpet. Play a lot on indoor simulators. 
  3. Have a neighbor who made one from Home Depot grass. Not flat or really workable. Use the mats in simulators a lot. Nothing I have owned but have been searching for one. 
  4. Slow - preferred but would be thrilled with medium.

im building a putting green in my basement and this is exactly what I had in mind.