TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

1) Damian, Boston, MA

2) I don’t belong to a golf club, so I don’t have access to indoor practice area for putting. During mild winters if there is no snow on the ground I can usually get out in late Feb/early Mar for a little putting at a public green. 
3) I own a cheap 9’ putting mat that rolls up for storage. But it’s so thin and cheap that it’s almost impossible to keep it flat and it’s cheap felt fabric picks up a ton of debris. Almost so bad I don’t use it at all. 
4) I would be interested in the medium or fast speed. I have two close friends that belong to private courses so I play half my rounds on well maintained quick greens and the other half roaming around New England on public/private courses. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

Jae- New Brunswick, NJ 

I use carpet and a 9 foot long putting mat with three holes with a very slight uphill. 

I have an old 9 foot putting mat with three holes and a slight uphill slope. I love using putting mats at home and think it helps a lot with putting, even when the mat speed is faster than the course.

I would love to try the medium speed mat. I belong to a course with fast greens, but like to play other course and medium would be perfect.

1. Mike - Boston Area

2. Putt on practice greens at the course and mat in my basement

3. My experience has been that mats I've used have been slow and when I get on the course it takes a while to get used to the greens

4. Medium speed

Gary-Cincinnati,Ohio

I have a Big Moss General Putting green in my basement

I currently have Big Moss General. Great for the winter months

Medium speed. I play public courses and this would be awesome to try.

1. Yong - NYC
  2. Crappy $50 indoor putting mat that doesn't roll true or stay flat after storage
  3. Was actually looking into buying a high end one like this for this winter.  Rolled putt-out at a friend's place and it was much nicer than mine.
  4. Medium 10-11
  1. Brandon Dayton OH 
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
    1. Perfect Practice mat 
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
    1. I have had three putting mats: Callaway, Perfect Practice, and Wellputt
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test
    1. Fast 11-13 Stimpmeter 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
Capt (Sep.) US Air Force 

Ohio State Executive Director

😄218-310-5755

uc?export=download&id=0BxStKdyHnin3bU8xRGFvOGpFSms&revid=0BxStKdyHnin3L2ROUEN2Y2hZcWNuWEsrMllDMXpDL1F6ZmNNPQ

3 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location

1. Dalton Clevenger, Huntersville, NC

2. When I lived in Wyoming I wouldn’t practice over the winter. Now that I live in North Carolina I will try to go to the course as much as I can! If I am unable to go to the course I plan on putting in my office at home  

3. My brother has a putting mat at his house that I have used. It is nice, but since it folds up it gets some serious bumps in it on occasions. 

4. I would either like to try medium or fast. The courses I play here tend to play quickly and I struggle with over hitting the ball. It would greatly help my speed control. 

3 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location

John Salgado  Stevenson ranch  Ca

I use the putout on turf at home currently 

The turf I have is super fast and not to realistic. 

Slow - 9- 10 Stimpmeter - Public Municipal

Dylan springhill fl

I practice at home on carpet and at my local course as well

I've had a practice putting mat before with incline and auto return 

I would like to test fast speed seemed like old mat was far to slow for real life like putting

Tom Luley, New Hartford, NY

I don't really. Our local golf some charges per 30 mins and now that includes putting time. Used to be able to putt all you want. Living in Upstate NY, it's tough not being able to putt other than a carpet at home

Only putting mats/artificial greens I've putted on are are the local golf dome.

Medium speed

*insert WITB here*

Benjamin/Atlanta, Ga

I usually don’t keep my putting sharp and my first trip in February to somewhere warm is always a bit rough around and on the greens.

When I was in college, I had a cheap Walmart style putting mat but haven’t used one in the 4 years since.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

Chris Hilton Head Island, SC

Putting at the course before a round... definitely need the added practice time an in home mat would provide and yes I can re-purpose our little used den to be the new practice putting facility.

Never used one. I do have a ball return device, but none of our rugs or carpets are fast enough or smooth enough to use it.

Medium (10-11) would be perfect and the longer the better

Edited by Divot Dad

Matt, Vinton Iowa

I practice indoors quite a bit.  

Ive built my own indoor green, even using carpet from the trunk of a Honda Accord like many pros use.  I've moved into a new house and had to abandon my old setup. 

Id love to test the fast speed in any hole config.  

Zack, Oregon 

I’ve been putting on my carpet which actually rolls pretty well to a putting circle the only problem I have with the carpet is as you hit putts over time the grain changes drastically. I’ve never owned a legit putting mat so I’m very curious to see if there’s a massive difference between just using your carpet and a high quality putting mat. I’m interested in the medium stimp rating mat because I’m pretty sure my carpet is at about a 10 and I’m wondering if the speed is drastically different or if getting a clean cut carpet is the more fiscally responsible decision.

Ronan... Framingham, Massachusetts

Indoor Putting Strip... Single hole with alignment aids.

Constant use throughout winter. Same putt all the time. It's better than nothing.

Medium putting speed would suit me best in regards to the type of greens I generally play.

Thank you.