TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

3 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

1. Taylor, Roseburg, Oregon.

2.  Short carpet, putting between two balls. Or when it’s not pouring rain I stop by the course and practice for 30 minutes to an hour.

3. only used basic putting mats with incline at the end.

4. Medium or fast would be the ideal speed and comparable to the courses I play.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. Nick - Chicago, IL
  2. I have an old & slow mat at home, as well as access to an indoor green at my gym. Most of my winter practice is in my family room on a mat. 
  3. I have been using a worn down artificial turf mat for a few years now. Due to its slow speed, it is tough to practice on conditions I would normally face on the course. My gym has a Big Moss green that I use from time to time, it is just not as convenient as having one in my house though. I work a lot with alignment aids and tools such as the Pelz Putting Clips. 
  4. I would love to test the "Fast - 11-13 Stimpmeter - Championship Course" speed. I am currently working through checking off a lot of the US Top 100 course list, and being able to fine tune my putting on similar green speeds is something that is not available to me at the time. 

Nick - Chicago, IL (+2.4)

"The harder you practice, the luckier you get." - Gary Player

• Driver:   :titelist-small: TS3 (8.5) - Pure Stix Frequency Based (295 - XS)
  • 3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Burner Superfast 2.0 TP (13.5)  - Pure Stix Frequency Based (295 - XS)
  • Hybrid:  :adams-small: Idea Pro a12 (18) - Pure Stix Frequency Based (295 - XS)
  • Irons:     :titelist-small: T100 - Oban CT-125 Steel X
  • Wedges: :titelist-small:  SM7 50.12, SM7 55.11, SM7 60.10 - Pure Stix Frequency Based (295 - XS)
  • Putter:  :scotty-small: Monterey 1.5 - SuperStroke Flatso
  • Ball:       :titelist-small: Pro V1x

3 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

1. Robi from Ottawa Canada

2. I use a Skillz putting Matt at home and go to an indoor training facility that just closed down permanently from covid.

3. I have had my Skillz mat for about 3 years

4. Medium or fast would be great to try, my house is old and my floors have natural undulations to them.

Benjamin Chandler, Bessemer, Al 
1. I putt on the carpet at my house during the winter to try and stay sharp, I have a cheap putting mat I keep at home, but it’s got wrinkles and all that I feel the roll isn’t true, obviously bc it’s not real grass  

2. I have a cheap putting mat that’s poor quality and you just can’t get a true roll out of it all, I honestly feel like it has made me better, but I feel with some true good equipment it could take me to the next level! 

3. I would like to test the medium speed mat! 

thanks for the giveaway, hope you consider me!  

• First Name: David 
  • How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?:  Typically through the use of a putting mat in my home office but it's carpeted and it tends to slow it down. 
  • Current/Past Experience with putting mats: Use nearly daily but see above for reasons on why I'd love to improve upon current set up. 
  • Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test: Medium - 10-11 Stimpmeter - Private Course

Jay Patel Columbus Ga

In the winter I can get out some times to practice putting but mostly just ona  fake green.

I use a SKLZ putting green that is pretty consistent and has helped me drop about 3-6 putts ina round. 

I want to test the medium or fast green. 

Edited by jayypatell
didnt mean to type that

1. John in Northern New Jersey
2. Putt on an area rug or an old putting mat I have - long thin run of green fabric to an elevated ball return set up
3. Limited to my old school one and those I've tried in stores or clubs
4. Medium, Private: 10-11 Stimp

Right now I just practice on the carpet at my house in-between work. I have also never owned a legit practice green.  I am a golf coach with a healthy social media following and a large stable of clients. I am confident I could provide a detailed and worthwhile review of your product.

1. Robert - Columbus, OH
  2. I currently own an older Big Moss putting green
  3. The Big Moss has held up well but it’s starting to lose its roll. Not enough patting underneath IMO. Holds up pretty well to a vacuum 
  4. Medium Stimp 10-11

MS1DFyg.jpg

1. Andrew - Irvine, CA
  2. Imagining I'm putting....
  3. Gimmicky, don't hold up well or give realistic feel/conditions.
  4. Medium!
  1. Joe, Detroit-area, Michigan
  2. Putting on the one carpet we have with a putting hole. 
  3. When I was younger and worked at a course, we had some sort of rollout with a cup. It was really slow and just didn't help. 
  4. I've gone to their site when you first promo'd them, and I was torn between Muni & Private. I always feel like I putt better on FAST, and when you test putters indoors, it's usually on hard and fast. I think Muni makes the most sense, but I'd probably ask someone what they think. 

:taylormade-small: M2 - HL (2016) 

:titelist-small: 975-J 10.5° -- (Benched)

:titelist-small: 818 H1 23°

:ping-small:  G410 7-UW (Orange •)

:vokey-small: SM8 54.12D

:vokey-small: SM7 60.12D 

:taylormade-small: Spider X - Copper

:Snell: MTB-X Yellow

:ShotScope: Tracking Watch

Scott, N. MS

I normally putt on the carpet at home when I can't get to the golf course 

I have used mats in the past

I would like mid to fast green speed, with various cup configurations 

1. Jamal / Severn, MD.
  2. Practice almost daily with putting mat. I try to incorporate games into my practice so it is not repetitive straight line putts.
  3. Purchased a putting mat (Big Moss Competitor) last fall (pre-COVID thank god). While its been suitable, I do feel like putts sometimes get pulled offline. In order to ensure straight rolls, I vacuum the mat before practice sessions. I would love to compare the Big Moss to the BirdieBall since I debated between these two prior to purchasing the Big Moss. It was interesting to see your buyer's guide recommend the Big Moss as the best putting mat until you tested the BirdieBall.
  4. Medium / 10-11 Stimp.
Edited by Jak77

1. Bill Sheehan Syracuse NY 
  2. Pretty much don’t practice putting during the winter months. Have to wait until courses open and hope that I get a chance to putt before going out! 
  3. I have Zero experience with putting mats 

WITB- 4-pw 716 AP-2, 52 & 56 SM8 wedges, Taylor Made M4 driver, 3 wood and 3 hybrid, and new SIM 4 hybrid.