TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

1. Seaver Hall, Houston, TX
  2. I have an older putting matt but it's low quality and way too slow. I go to a club nearby to practice as well.
  3. I have had 2 matts, both low quality though.
  4. I would like to practice on a fast (11-13). 

Callaway Mavrik w/ Hzrdus T1100 6.5 X
Callaway Superhybrid 16* Rombax X
Callaway UT 21* Tensei Blue X
Honma TW747v Modus 125X
Mizuno T20 51* 55* 60*
Piretti Matera Elite
Snell MTBx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

Yasin, Sugar Land, TX
I live in Texas, so winters aren't really that bad for, so just practice on the greens at the club
No prior experience with putting mats
Slow Green Speed, I usually play at public courses and the greens aren't that fast

Sent from my GM1910 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:SuperSpeed: Training: 

Initial Driver Speed: 90 MPH

WITB: Fitting Location: Club Champion - Houston, TX 

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 - Stiff

3 Wood/ 4 Hybrid: :taylormade-small: RBZ w/Aldila NV

4-PW: :titelist-small: T-100 w/ KBS Tour V - Stiff 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM7 Vokey Wedges - 50, 54, 58 

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works #1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B

Rangefinder: Bushnell Pro X2 

1. Justin / Rochester, MA
  2. Mostly putting in carpet with PuttOut. Sometimes pull out a Skillz putting mat. 
  3. Have used many Matts in the past most recently a Skillz Matt but find I’m using carpet  with PuttOut more often 
  4. Medium or slow. 
  1. Sean Emmerling - Bergen County NJ
  2. Practice putting on a Matt I purchased from Amazon
  3. Have purchased 2 foam type putting mats from Amazon. Not in love with them but they help me roll straight.
  4. Slow 9-10.
  1. Travis Whithaus; Madison, AL
  2. Mirrors and lines. Not much indoor putting. 
  3. No current experience. 15 years ago, my family had a putting mat w/ auto return that we setup in the hallway. 
  4. Medium, Private: 10-11 Stimp

Thank you for the opportunity to improve my stroke! It needs it! 

Chris / Philadelphia, PA

I have a 15 or so minute putting routine that I follow 4-7 days a week. I use a putting mirror, align putting gates and some other makeshift putting aids.

I have been practicing on a putting mat for about 2-3 years. Currently using the Odyssey putting mat laid down on wood flooring.

I’d prefer to test the fast mat.

Thanks very much for the opportunity—happy to answer any other questions.

Mike, WI

In the winter I normally put on the carper in my living room.  And on a rug if I want a faster put.

I have never owned a mat.  But I have spent enough time at the local golf store putting on one.

I would want to test the medium speed mat.

Colby / Des Moines, IA 

Set up my own mini golf holes around the house, break course record often

Had a cheap Walmart one for a while but let her go a while back

Medium 10-11

WITB

Driver: Titleist 917D2 10.5* - Speeder 661 Shaft 68gm
3 Wood: Titleist 917D2 15* - Even Flow Blue
Hybrid: Titleist 818 18* - Even Flow Blue
Irons: Titleist AP3 4 Iron - 48*
Wedges: Cleveland RX4 54* and 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna

1. Kevin in Salt Lake City
  2. Practice indoors at home
  3. I own, and use, a Clubhouse Collection - Ultimate Putting System which has a 9' felt cloth that lays over the carpet/floor (cup at the end with automatic ball return).
  4. 4'x14' Deluxe Package with slow mat 
  1. Randy Hillsboro,OR
  2. When i had carpet i did that. Now I have hardwood and cannot practice unless I go to a course on a maybe dry PNW day.
  3. Just putting mats at Dick's. Would love to have something to practice with in my home and really improve my game.
  4. medium speed please

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro Black 63 

3W: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 UPRT or PXG 0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black S 2.5* upright

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges  54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up  **Testing :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid**

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:or KSigs or :taylormade-small: TP5 pix 2.0

:Arccos:

1 - Javier/Merced, CA

2 - I will take out a golf mat that I have to practice my control distance/feel during the winter months. If possible, I will go to a range and practice there as well. 

3 - I have been using the Varispeed mat and liked it so far, because it has different stimp speeds to work on my putting game. 

4 - I would love to try the BirdieBall PuttUp golf mat and work on my game even more and with the up ramp to get a more real feel when putting up. 

1. Vince, Springville, IA 
  2. Indoor practice putting mat. 
  3. Have owned various models thru the years and in one house I even custom built a 12' x 4' raised putting green with shims to give break.  
  4. Birdie pong or the 2' x 10' Stance mat Package.  
    Thanks for the consideration. 
  1. David -- Culver City, CA.
  2. I practice putting using an 8' PuttOUT mat and the PuttOUT Pressure Putt Trainer.
  3. Currently, use the afore-mentioned 8' PuttOut mat and auto-return putting mat previously.
  4. I'd like to test out the medium speed but also would welcome testing the fast speed model.
  1. Matt, Hawaii
  2. No winter here, but golf courses here are closed due to covid and have a lot of free time right now, so I have been practicing with the ole cup and carpet move.
  3. Very little. Worked at a golf store before and used them there occasionally.  Never owned one, always had a carpet.
  4. I would like to test the slow mat.  

1. Braden; Spanish Fork UT

2. I don't really practice my putting in the winter. There is an indoor trackman facility I use that has a small putting green but I don't feel like it's very effective. 

3. I have used quite a few different indoor putting mats before and I don't feel like any of them give the true roll like you see on the course. Most of them I have used are all too fast and have bumps either from folding the material or from the surface beneath that throw the ball off line.

4. Medium speed seems to fit what I usually play on.

Good luck everyone!!!

Driver: Ping G10, 9*, Stiff

Irons: Titleist MB714

Wedges: Honma T-world (52,56,60)

Putter: Ping ANSER

1. William Carroll, Lockport Ny 
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? I live outside of Buffalo Ny only way to practice is going to the indoor golf Dome. 
  3. I can never find a mat that is close to being real like. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test. I would enjoy Medium 10- Stimpmeter. 
  •