TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

1. Jeffrey - Wellfleet, MA
  2. Picked up a Big Moss putting mat durring the last off-season
  3. They were always trash, but better than nothing until the BigMoss, love the roll and quality of the mat.
  4. The medium that runs around 10 in one direction, would be really true comp for my home course.

Titleist 909 D2- 9.5 - OZIK XCon-5 S

Titleist 910 Fd - 15 - Diamana Kai'il 75 S

Titleist 585-H - 17 

Titleist AP2 714

Titleist Vokey SM7 - 50-08F / 54-08M / 58-14K

Titleist Scotty Camron - Studio Design 2.5

Titleist AVX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. Mark - Gardner, KS
  2. Limited practice at the course
  3. Years ago the fibers would get smashed down and then there was a slope or trough you didn't necessarily want.  The newer synthetic lawn greens seem better but I haven't tested them for a long period to know how they hold up. 
  4. I mostly place public courses so probably the Slow but wouldn't be opposed to the Medium or High.  I get onto a few private courses a year and the Medium might be nice to try out.  The High would be more for kicks to see what that's really like.

Justin Miracle 

Colorado Springs, CO

The winters go back and forth temperature wise that I can usually get to the range/practice green occasionally. When I can’t I just use the living room. 

the ones I have used were very basic and it seemed like I was making the exact same putt every time. 

I would like to test the high speed mat. 

Ken/ Boulder, CO

Use Perfect Practice mat in basement

Have used several, including a BirdieBall mat many years ago. Would like to see their new version.

Since I play munis, I'd say Medium speed is probably best.

1. Caleb, Champaign, IL

2. I use the carpet in my bedroom. As a college student living in an apartment, options are limited so this opportunity would be great due to the ability to move and pack up the birdieball green. I believe I would add a unique demographic to the focus group.

3. I have not used putting mats in the past nor currently. 

4. I would like to test the Fast/Championship speed greens. 

Josh - Troy,  Ohio

Started golfing in March so no experience during winter. 

No experience with a mat but considering buying one this winter. Birdieball is on the short list. 

I play public and private so either slow or medium is fine. 

Thanks 

1. Peter, Chicago
  2. I have a PuttOut mat with the pressure trainer
  3. I had an old mat with a little ramp at the end that sent the ball back to you, it was poor quality but there wasn't much else out there. I then used carpet and then moved to the PuttOut a year ago.
  4. Medium, 10-11 stimp

Driver: Taylormade M3 with Tensei Blue X-stiff 60

Wood: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 17* 3 Wood with UST Elements Chrome TSPX 75FT

Hybrid or 3 iron: unknown, search underway

Irons: 4-PW Wilson Tour Blades DG Pro S300

Wedge: Wilson PMP 50, 55, 59 KBS Hi-rev 2.0

Putter: Wilson Staff 8802 milled 

Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

Gary, New Jersey

I usually practice on a narrow strip mat in my family room in the winter.

I have only used the cheap narrow mats in the past. They like to retain the curves from rolling them up.

I would like to have a medium speed so I can ramp up or down on my local public courses.

Retired US Navy Submarines. Golf as often as I can. Love the challenge!

This is a great opportunity and apparently the have enough stock to do this thats great. Good luck to the testers. I have some "grass" carpet that i use on occasion but I just dont spend the time when im home to practice i need to force myself to get to the course and focus. Good Luck all

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
3W:  Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 2
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50º: Maltby TSW

56º:  Cleveland RTX-2 
60º: Maltby Tour Grind MG
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball

Ball: Snell MTB X
Other: Game Golf Live
Handicap: 5.9  -  Best Score: 73 (1 over) Bryan Park - Players Course, Greensboro NC -2020

2020 MGS Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

1. First Name and Location - Jonathan - Charlotte, NC
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? Carpet + course
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - Cheap unbranded mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test - 11-13, Championship course (my club usually runs in this range)
  1. Dan St. Louis
  2. I mostly practice around the house on the carpet to stay sharp through the winter.
  3. The only experience I have with putting mats is within stores and pro shops.
  4. Slow 9-10
Edited by DLaury
Forgot an answer

Adam- New Orleans 

I like to practice on a putting green if possible. I work on my game year round in my practice cave in my garage. 

I’ve owned a bunch of different mats, but haven’t found one that is close to a real green. 

I’d like to test medium if selected. 

0C1590C0-830C-43B1-8F5C-41D4C6C2E219.jpeg

1) Brendan - Albany/NY

2) I have an artificial turf carpet that I have in front of the golf simulator that I practice putting on. It works but I find it too hard as it is just thin carpet on concrete. Bounces a lot because the concrete is not flat as well. Makes for a challenge!

3) I’m really not a fan of putting mats as they typically are your straight carpet to inclined hole which I hate or too expensive to get a legitimate patch of turf to practice on. Birdie all has caught my eye before but I thought the price was too much for the size I wanted.

4) Medium 10-11 would be ideal or Slow 9-10

1. Doug, Highlands Ranch, CO
  2. During the winter I will get creative with my kids and we simulate a mini golf type putting games in the house.
  3. Currently have a rollup generic mat that does not roll true do to creases from when its folded/ rolled up.  All mats I have had have been pretty much useless.  I always resort back to the good old fashioned carpet and putting cup!
  4. I would prefer the medium, but would also take the fast.  I feel that practicing on faster greens makes you a better putter 

Nate/ Johnson City, TN US

During the winter I try to putt on carpet.

No putting mat. One of my coworkers will sometimes bring his to the office. 

Medium.