TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,555 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

1. Colten - Mapleton, UT
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? I currently use a Putt Out mat with a Putt Out hole
  3. Working at a golf course in the past, I’ve putted on Big Moss, Putt Out, and Perfect Practice putting mats
  4. I would choose the medium speed green as I feel it would be most relatable to the course I play in Utah. 
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

3 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Ralph Sandestin FL

practice

limited would love one that really worked

medium private course

Mike Holmes Colorado Springs, Co

i use my carpeted floor to putt in the winter and a vintage Ben Hogan floor cup.

never owned a legit putting practice mat.  Used a couple of cheap ones in the past that never laid flat

i would like to try medium or fast models.  

1. First Name and Location: Jordan, Las Vegas, NV
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? There is no winter in Las Vegas so I'm either practicing from the comforts of home or I go to the various practice greens around town. 
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats. I currently use the PuttOut Pro Putting Mat and Base and I am big fan of it! It has helped me with my distance control and touch since its rather difficult getting that ball to sit on top of the circle from 10 feet out haha! I understand there is no comparison to actual grass but when the courses were shut down during quarantine I am just happy that this was an option to keep the golf itch strong! 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test. Medium 10-11 Stimpmeter 

Ping G410 Plus 9 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 set to the fade position (RH)

Ping G410 3 Wood 14.5 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 Handcrafted (RH)

Ping G410 3 Hybrid 19 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 (RH)

Titleist T200 Black 4 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx 1 degree upright (RH)

Titleist T100S Black 5-9 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx 1 degree upright (RH)

Titleist SM8 Jet Black 45F/9 bounce, 50F/8 bounce, 55S/11 bounce, 60S/10 bounce Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx 1 degree upright (RH)

2019 Bettinardi QB8 Midslant Limited Run with Stability Shaft (RH)

Srixon Z-Star 6

Batesville Indiana 

I practice putter acceleration on the carpet in my basement throughout the week. I also go to the course and practice distance control on the prepared putting greens. 

I would love to test the medium speed because I don’t play any club courses at this point in my golf game. 

Ryan - Los Angeles, CA

I live in California so I can practice through the winter at courses (we’ll see if putting greens are still closed this winter)

I have a putout mat at the moment. It’s ok to me and it seems to help me understand my pace better. It has good markings on it that help me to see if I held my line. Not sure how the speed translates to a real green. Haven’t used other putting mats.

I’d like to test the Slow speed since I mainly play on public municipal courses.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :taylormade-small: M4 D-Type

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Rogue X 18*

Irons: :callaway-small: Rogue 5-AW

Wedges:  :titelist-small: SM7 54*08M, 60*04L

Putter: TourEdge mallet putter

:Arccos:

1. Cole Horton, West Des Moines, IA
  2. I typically putt on carpet with a putt out hole. No mat though!
  3. No current experience with other golf mats unless my rug/carpet counts.
  4. I play a lot of faster public courses so a 10-11 would be great!
  1. Rob Moraschinelli - Ann Arbor Michigan
  2. indoor putting rug
  3. cheap putting rug from Dick's Sporting Goods
  4. Medium speed.

TaylorMade P790 BLACK (Dynamic Gold 105 S300)

TaylorMade HiToe wedges (52,56,60)

Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (Paderson Driver KGTP75-D30)

Callaway Rogue Hybrid (ALDILA SYNERGY 60)

TaylorMade M6 3 wood

Scotty Select Fastback

1. Taylor in Wilsonville, OR
  2. In the house/garage either on carpet or an inexpensive Amazon mat.
  3. I currently have  $30 piece of out door carpet trimmed to the shape of a green being pasted along as a putting mat.
  4. I'd like to test the medium pace, I don't play many private courses, but the public ones I play have really nice greens. 

I'd also like to add, that in addition to the wet winters in Oregon, our fall season is being hijacked but the horrific wildfires and hazardous air quality preventing safe out door activity.  

Driver- PXG 0811 Gen 2

3W- Cobra F9

5W- Titleist TS2

Hybrid- Titleist 818 H1

*or depending on conditions/course*

Drivingish Iron- Cobra Speedzone 4i with Graphite Shaft

Irons- Cobra King F8 One Length-5-PW with Catalyst Black Shaft 

Wedges- Cobra MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

Putter- TaylorMade Spider Tour

1. John, New Hampshire
  2. Once a week as part of my indoor virtual golf League or at the local country club that has an indoor room. 
  3. Never used a putting mat prior
  4. I would like the medium speed mat since the courses in my location are semi private and slightly higher grade than a local muni. 

Adam Saban

Sioux Falls, SD

After recently picking up the game again and looking to return to championship golf next season I will be spending ample time this winter putting indoors.

Growing up playing in the Chicagoland area, practicing indoors was a necessity most of the winter. I would often practice my stroke work on an at-home putting mat with adjustable undulations and then work on speed/ long putt consistency at the indoor practice facilities I trained at.

I would be interested in testing the fast putting green with multiple whole options to help prepare for competition play next season.

Good afternoon. I’ve been a scratch to low handicap golfer for the last 35 years. My putting practice is divided between time on the putting green and inside on the carpet. Having the right putting mat can make all the difference. I would really enjoy having a chance to test this putting mat and provide useful feedback that will help golfers of all abilities. As a previous head of R&D for a major textile company, I fully understand how meaningful data can assist in the purchase decision process. 

1. Stephen. Boonton, NJ
  2. I practice with a Putt Out on my rug and a Pelz Truth Board in my office. 
  3. I used a Big Moss for 5 years and a Boomerang system sporadically. 
  4. I would like to test the fast (11-13 stimpmeter) because the greens I normally play on are about a 12. 

Thanks!

SDG

• Josef Baldwin Park, CA US
  • Living in socal I have access to courses almost all year round; however, most evenings when I am off work the putting greens are usually full or I don't have time to go out to practice
  • I have used putting mats at friend's and family's homes and have liked a couple but never quite got the feel of some of them
  • I would like using a medium speed as that's about how fast the greens are at the courses I play at. Would be great to use on slow days working from home. Can't be too big with our apartment size but any and all practice is good practice!