TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

Ryan, Frisco, TX

A couple ways. Putt on carpet at the house. Since I'm in North Texas, I can still sometimes get out to practice greens even in the winter. I also implement a 4 foot aluminum ruler in the house to work on keeping a straight line at the start of the putt. And I've been using the PuttOut Pressure trainer - both on the carpet, and with the Wellput mat noted below.

I've recently been trying a Wellput mat in the house. It's good overall because it is faster than the area rug in the living room, but I am keen to try some other options to see if I prefer them to the Wellput. One of the biggest downsides I already see with Wellput is it seems like the "grain" on the mat changes frequently as the ball rolls, so I am interested to see if other mats have a more consistent grain that I'm not having to constantly "fix."

I would want to test the Medium (10-11 Stimp) speed.

Edited by NativeTxn
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

I literally was just looking into this yesterday! I'm assuming I'm not eligible as I'm currently testing the Kanibi CBD.  Maybe I'll hold off on purchasing to see what you all think.  Especially if anyone gets the 4ft wide 8ft length private course medium stimp, with 2 cups into the grain and 1 down grain, and contour shims 😉. Good luck to all!

WITB 2020

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 2015 Model - Fubuki shaft

3-Wood: Nike VRs 15 degree

Irons: Nike Slingshot 4-AW

Wedges: Nike Victory Red SW-56 + LW-60

Putter: Nike Method Core MC-3i

....I may have loved/still love Nike and miss them making golf clubs💔

1. First Name and Location: Kevin in Gilbert, AZ
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? There is no winter in AZ so I'm on the course putting greens
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats. Pretty terrible. I've owned several. I still have one at the office, but honestly putting a coffee mug sideways on my carpet in the living room is better. Can highly related to the 'competitor's product' image with the lumps and bumps in it. So frustrating.   
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test. Medium 10-11 Stimp. 

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Oban Gold
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* AD-DI 85S, Apex 23* Oban Purple
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  1. Evan, Atlanta GA
  2. I was gifted a golf mat this past winter, which lives smack dab in the middle of my living room. Unfortunately there's no under backing and the holes are proped up with some styrofoam, so its gotten wrinkled and has an interesting break pattern. My putting has gotten better and my stroke is smoother, but tough to understand the results. 
  3. See above a bit, its much better than putting on carpet but more of a swing practice than line or consistant roll practice. I think theres room for a better mat (something closer to a golf store), I just havnt touched one yet. If I had a garage I'd most certianly attempt to build one :) 
  4. "slow" speed - I tend to have the most problem trusting hitting a putt hard at a local course than tapping one down a fast line

1.  Adam, Los Angeles

2.  I practice all year round when playing the course. Most LA county practice putting greens are closed. So, the course it is.

3.  I have owned the cheaper maxfli with the automatic comeback, but it is a bit cheap and doesn't roll true.

4.  Slow 9-10. Muni

-Adam Younger

Instagram: @allstarfan52

YouTube: Mrallstarfan52

1. Matt and Houston, TX
  2. Puttout putting mat with puttout training aid and eyeline putting mirror
  3. Good experience with Puttout. It helps with tempo
  4. Medium 10-11 Stimpmeter - Private Course

Tom , Greeneville TN

I practice on carpet during the winter. My living room only rolls to an 8!

I had a putting mat that I won. It was too slow and developed wrinkles. Poor quality.

I would like to test the medium speed. 

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

1. Doug, Boston MA
  2. I probably spend 2 hours a week on a little 8-foot kidney-shaped mat.  I find it incredibly addicting to practice my putting stroke and work on a repeatable result on that mat.  I'll work on running it into the hole at different speeds, work on different spots on the hole, etc. 
  3. I love practicing my putting, but find that the mat I'm using doesn't really translate to the course as well as I'd like.  I'm also never quite sure if there are biases in it, especially the cheap foam part where the holes are cut.  I'm in the market for something new and better, and the BirdieBall mats are at the top of my list.
  4. I think medium speed would be most useful/helpful for me so I'd like to test that.

Driver:   :cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme 10.5* ... MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 (s)
Fw woods: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback 14.5*/18.5* ... Fujikura Atmos Blue 7 (s)
Hybrids:   :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback One Length 4hy/5hy ... Fujikura ATMOS 7 ONE Length (s)
Irons:    6-Gw :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal ... Aerotech SteelFiber i95 (s)
Wedges:  :ping-small:  Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 52*/56* ... AWT 2.0 (w)
Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red "L" Neck
Ball:  MfleKCg.jpg Pro

1. Jaime, Cooperstown, NY

2. I'm spending my first winter in NY after living in California, so I'm having to figure out a winter set-up for the first time

3. I had a narrow, 8-foot putting mat years ago, and wood floors with no flat spots, so I couldn't trust I was putting straight or the break of my flooring

4.  Medium speed 

5. Weird flex but ok: I've written for the NYTimes

George, Seattle

I putt on a Putt About Matt in my office and a Sklz putt returner in the basement. 

I think a medium or fast speed would be ideal in the multiple flag configurations. 

Thank you. 

- Raj

HDCP 12
Driver - Taylormade SLDR 10.5 S
Irons - Mizuno JPX 800 Pro with KBS tour stiff shafts
Wedges - Titleist Vokeys 50, 56, 60
Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio 2

1. Brian Apel
  2. Putting mat from big box retailer on a hardwood floor
  3. Tried several none really mimiced the course, most wouldnt lay flat
  4. Medium 10-11 Stip

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Good luck to everyone applying. Nothing more fun than a realistic putting surface in your house to plan on.

• :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

Am in the market for an indoor putting mat. Just got fitted for a new putter so need a way to practice off the course, especially as green conditions here on Cape Cod get a bit worse at the end of the season. Also just cleaned out a space in my basement office for one. 

1. John-James Blaine, WA
  2. Carpet putting in my basement, unless I get a good day where I can get on course
  3. I have tried a couple from Dick's but they tend to be in accurate on roll. As well they don't where well or look good 
  4. As I play a semi-private club, Medium

In my bag:

Driver: :honma: TR20 460 9.5* Vizard TR20 60X

Wood: :mizuno-small: ST200 TS Dimana D+PLUS Limited Edition 70X

Hybrids: :mizuno-small: CLK 19* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Irons: :honma: TW 747 Rose Proto 4-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :honma: TW-W4 52*, 56*, and 60*Modus Tour 125 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

1 Bill Neistorowich from Franklin New Hampshire

2. I putt on carpet to a tipped over cup

3.none

4 medium speed 

Driver- Cobra speedzone

fairway- Wilson c300

irons- Wilson V6

wedges 52 tour edge 56- Wilson PMP 60- Wilson staff hi toe

putter Wilson infinite Grant Park

Ball- Bridgestone RX

1. First Name and Location

virginia beach ,va

1. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?

putt on my carpet, or getting out to the course in the cold 

1. Current/Past Experience with putting mats

no past experience with putting mats, always wanted to try one but never pulled the trigger 

1. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

medium speed 

I practice on an indoor putting mat and at the driving range, on a putting green. I play very frequently and can have seen enough different putting mats to know an acceptable inexpensive mat to an incredible expensive mat. I've also seen my fair share of awful putting greens all over northern Virginia.