TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. Adam Webster, MA
  2. Unfortunately I don't, I have to start fresh every spring.
  3. I've used cheap home mats that hurt more then help as well as better ones at stores and at tradeshows. I like the idea of being able to shim the Birdie mat to create breaks.
  4. Medium 10-11 Private

TvGuyJake,  Westport, CT

If I'm lucky, getaway winter trip for 4-weeks

Only experience with mats was in-store, where I think the mats are rigged, to encourage purchase decision

I would prefer Medium speed mat

1. Jesse, Utah
2. I have an 10ft True Birdie mat I got on Amazon. I practice different lengths mainly, try and get the ball to stop at 2,4,6,8ft etc. I test different stances and grips too, just to see if something gets me more consistency.

3. Currently have the 10ft mat, but it's not level because my basement floor isn't level.... so it's kind of annoying to try and "read" the break...

4. Medium speed 🙂 I tend to play a private course mostly.

This is awesome!

Edited by ijwalk

1.  Dale from San Jose,CA

2.  Living in CA I can play golf year round so I practice at the course when open. 
3.  Used to have one of those “dinghy artificial turf” things. 
4.  Slow speed. 10 on the Stimp is plenty. 

Andy, Lighthouse Point

I live in south Florida so I have the benefit of playing year round. Having kids limits my time though so I use an 8 foot roll-out mat in the house. I like roll out greens but they don't seem to roll enough like grass. I have tried a couple different ones but they loose their challange once you get the speed down for the set distance. I was actually looking at buying the Puttup 2 in 1 with the return ramp the other day for more of a challange and the fact that space is limited. 

1. Putterslut, Western MA and SW FL

2. Course in both areas, but mostly on carpet in both areas.

3. I have a $40 mat in both locations, but it is a fast surface which does not match most courses.

4. I  prefer a medium speed surface.

Ping G20 Driver & 4, 7 Wood, Dynacraft 4,5,6Hybrid, PingZing2 6-9, PW, SW

1.  John from Austin, TX

2.  Can practice most of the year.   So practice both at the course on real grass greens and at home with a Perfect Practice putting mat

3. Speed is between 10-11 on Stimp meter

David

Huntington Beach, California

Pre-COVID, I practiced on the putting green at a local course; currently I use a Perfect Practice putting mat.

Historically, I've found putting mats not too realistic; the Perfect Practice mat is reasonable and reasonably priced, though a bit narrow.  However, the narrowness makes it easier to fit into your home.

I would like to test the medium speed green.

Thanks! 

Oh man I want to test this so badly!

1. Alex Hofeldt in Ingleside, IL

2. I do not keep my stroke fresh in the Illinois winters because I have a hardwood floor. 

3. I have had some cheap ones and I have played around a little bit with a friends Birdieball mat (they are super fast people). 

4. I would want to test any of the speeds. I played a very nice course with fast greens, but I mainly want a putting green to work on contact and rolling the ball. 

Man oh man I hope I get picked. It would really brighten up my crazy life as a teacher going back to work these crazy COVID times. 

M5 Taylormade w/Hazrds Yellow (small batch)

Ping G410 Hybrid w/Evenflow protoype

Taylormade 4-PW P-750 w/C-Taper Lite 

Taylormade HiToe 50, 54, 60 w/project-x 

Scotty Squareback or Spyder X 

1. First Name and Location- Dale Johns, Woodinville, WA
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?  On the course. I live on Bear Creek Country Club, on 4th green. I'll use #4 and the practice greens.
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats- I've owned two practice mats over the years.  Would love one for garage or man cave.
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test.  Open to speed, but ideally Medium.

Thanks!

2008 EZ-GO golf cart

SIM Driver, 9.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

SIM 3 wood, Titanium, 15, Diamana 75 S

SIM Max Hybrid, 19, Ventus Blue 6-S

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-7, MB 8-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 S

Vokey SM7, 50, 54 and 60

Scotty Cameron, Newport 2.5

TaylorMade TP5, 

Kaden/ Kalamazoo, MI

During winter, I mainly practice on carpet around the house. 

I have no prior experience with putting mats. 

I would like to try the medium speed mat, as I play many different green speeds a year. 

Marcus Platz

Pittsburgh, PA

Winter practice is usually on the carpet by the fireplace or on a cheap mat that is not consistent with green speeds.  I would love to try a "medium"  speed putting green, as the greens on my home courses tend to be slower than most I have played in the South. 

I have used practice putting greens in the past, but to be honest, they all felt the same.  Not even worth rolling it out.

Putting practice has always been a mystery.  When I finally feel game confident with my stroke, I move from the carpet to the greens and completely misjudge my speed.  I am tired of being a "Sissy Sally" on lag puts,  as well as blowing it by the hole praying for the ball to hit a house to stop it.  The best practice I have found has been the putting greens at the course, hoping that the speeds are consistent and I get there in time. Too often I find my self rushing to get "a handful of putts in" before the round, which just results in jerky rushed strokes in the end.   In todays busy, fast, Covid stricken world,  I feel that this Putting Green may be the helping hand of hope, to allow constructive, controlled practice, at my own pace. 

I recently got married and bought a house to try and brighten up my 2020,  which has a large garage, patio, and shop to work on clubs.  This putting green would be the perfect addition to house, to keep me practicing at home, and out of the dog house.  

Edited by Marcus Platz

Marcus Platz - professional am

John A. ( San Diego CA)
I have been looking for a surface to practice putting on as I only have concrete surface outside, and hardwood inside.

Need a good putting surface that will simulate a natural green. Need to lose those 3 putts I experience on the course, especially those inside 10'. 

Would love to test a medium speed double thick green in 10' length.