TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,555 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

Jeffrey King. Etna NH

i practice on carpet in the winter as 6-7 months of the year is like winter

the medium speed would be best suited for my needs

I am excited for the chance to be a tester as it will encourage me to practice 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. Robert, Washington, MI
  2. Practice on Berber carpet that is on lower level floor during the winter months
  3. No current or past experience with putting mats
  4. Medium speed would seem to replicate most of the course conditions I play on

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TS3 9.5 & 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Tensei Blue 70S

Irons: Titleist T100 4 - P Project X 5.0

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50, 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron 2012 Select Newport Notchback

Ball: 2013 Model Pro V1X

Saint, Onge South Dakota

we have long winters so try my best to putt on carpet or a small mat I have. Been looking at something to make the long winters not so long between golfing. 

I haven’t had but one roll up one and have been looking at a birdie ball for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger. 

I would do the medium. Most of our greens around here roll about that. Would love one with cups on both sides and probably in the 10-12 foot range. 

4 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. Ryan Windsor, ca
  3. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  4. Perfect Putt
  5. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  6. Owned several. Made my own. 6 years experience. 
  7. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test
  8. 4×10 Dual

1. Joe DiRienzo — Cary, NC
  2. I have a basic Maxfli putting mat that I use, or layer up and get out to the course to practice 
  3. I own a Maxfli putting mat, and I’ve used a handful of other traditional ball return putting mats. I’ve also used a full artificial indoor putting green in the clubhouse/common area of my apartment complex 
  4. Medium speed
  • First Name and Location
    • Mike
    • Indiana
  • How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
    • I have a VariSpeed Putting Mat and put my Puttout trainer on it for the hole
      • Use it on vinyl plank floors
  • Current/Past Experience with putting mats
    • I had the automatic return and it started sparking and couldn't stay flat.  I had one or two others, but I felt like I got what I paid for when I bought them.  It's been hard to find a good consistent putting mat that isn't affected much by the slightest imperfection in the floors.  The VariSpeed is definitely one of the better ones that I've had, but I feel like it still likes to curl up a bit.  With Indiana winters, I'd definitely like to find a consistent mat not only for putting, but that will react with short chips as well.  
  • Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test
    • Medium or Fast
      • Most course would probably be medium around me, but I could easily do fast as it will allow me to focus more on my stroke.

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

Dave - Royersford, PA

Winter practice?  More like winter PLAY!  (unless there is snow on the ground...)

Past experience?  Zippo.  (Dad had "astroturf on our deck and we cut cups in...that was 30 years ago...does that count?)

Medium 10-11 is probably the appropriate choice to match my club's speed.

Taylor Made M3 driver

Callaway Rogue 3+ fairway

Srixon 565 4, 6-A

Titleist H1 4 and 6 hybrids

Vokey 54 and 58

1. Austin Bazard - Katy, TX

2. I still play at least once a month and practice on a green about twice a month during the winter.

3. No experience with quality putting mats. I have only used the cheap mats that have the hill at the end and a return. 

4. I’d love to test the medium speed (10-11)

1. Chuck - Louisville KY
  2. I really don't...roll it a little on the carpet or in a simulator rented by the hour
  3. I had one several years ago, but it didn't feel very "real" so I ditched it. 
  4. I play a lot of fast greens, so I would want the fast mat for sure. 
  1. First Name and Location: Kevin, San Francisco CA
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?  I have carpet and a foam putting mat and ball return. I also am still able to make out to a course/driving range to work on my putting in the winter.
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats: I have carpet and a Jet foam putting mat and ball return. I use them to work on fast and slow putts. I also am still able to make out to a course/driving range to work on my putting. I have had many putting mats.  I have used various carpets to putt on. Both at homes and work.
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test. I have gone to https://birdieball.com/. I selected the medium green speed. The courses I play are on the slower side.
Edited by KevinF
Updated point 4

Kevin

1. Donnie , Greeneville, TN
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? Try to put on carpet where I can but dont have many options. Would love to try this and see how it works for me. 
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats-  Typically have only used the putting mats at golf stores to try putters out. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test- Medium -10-11 stimpmeter-private course
  1. First Name and Location: Darwyn  -  Alberta
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?:  Putt on the carpet watching hockey and football games using coasters as the hole, or go corner to corner on the driving net floor pad mat from my net.
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats: only those in PGA Superstores and other golf stores.
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test: Medium, Private: 10 - 11 Stimp

I'm more than happy to provide a summary of the before and after impact or effectiveness of training on this mat vs my other available home options, as well as comparing it to those different home carpets and the driving net floor pad mat I also use.

•  

Jeff Barta, Grand Forks, ND

During the winter I might put on a stores putting green one or twice

Outside of the aforementioned store putting mats in store, I have no other experience. 

I would use the medium speed

1. Greg, Philadelphia 
  2. I piss off my wife by rolling putts into a cup on the kitchen carpet 
  3. I am shopping around for putting mats for the rooftop on our new house being built!

Adam/ Washington a State - Lots of time indoors
I have a Perfect Puttout system and like it but would like a little more variety and would love to compare the two.
Medium Speed for sure!

4’x14’ Deluxe would be my ideal!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy