TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

STUDque

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,560 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

During the summer, I practice at three local golf courses. I also practice indoors on a putting mat approximately 3-4 times a week. I have the Perfect Practice putting mat, so I would really like compare it to the Birdie Ball putting matt.  I am from North Dakota, so I have nowhere else to practice except Indoors for the next six months.  I am also working from home because of Covid, so I can set up and practice on both of these mats on a daily basis. I am a 9.6 handicap, and I would consider putting to be one of the stronger parts of my game.  I am a bank auditor, so I feel that I can provide a detailed, impartial review.

1. Spencer, San Diego, CA
  2. Perfect Practice putting mat.  Also, San Diego so "winter" is not a thing and I also putt at the course.
  3. Current user of Perfect Practice putting mat.
  4. Medium (10-11)

1. Jeffrey Martin, Black Diamond WA
  2. Use the carpet in my office that is uneven and the rubber mats in the school weight room.
  3. The SKLZ Accelerator mat is hard to keep flat and never seems to roll true at all. The carpet is easier and almost as true.
  4. Medium, private course 10-11 Stimpmeter.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo

3W: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo

Irons: Cleveland UHX 3-PW

Wedges: Still looking...

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Tuttle

Corey Evans / Cartersville, GA

I’m a full time golf instructor and I am approaching this with a little different approach. In the winter, I can practice putting in my indoor bay, however it wiggles all the time and when I have a student do putting in there we always get inconsistent rolls. 

My past experiences with mats are that they don’t roll quite as true so the stroke feedback may be skewed a bit. The mat I currently use is fine, but it does produce different breaking putts. I am interested in the demo of this mat so I can potentially refer it to clients that may have the same issue with finding a good mat to practice with indoors.

Desired test speed is fast

1. First Name and Location - Adam from Enterprise, AL

2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? Practice in my house on a cheap mat that was gifted to me several years ago

3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - I’ve been using a generic putting mat at home for about 4 years. It’s very thin, and rolls pretty fast on my hardwood floors. I purchased a putt out mat last year as an upgrade, and ended up returning it because I found it to be very slow, and inconsistent in areas. Currently searching for an upgrade to my cheap mat for my newly screened in back porch. 

4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test - I would prefer Fast (11-13) but would test the Medium (10-11) if offered the opportunity. 

1. Jake Maas / Albion, MI

2. To practice my putting in the winter, I use an artificial putting green in my office. This green is made by a different company (pro putt systems).

3. I have the pro putt systems green in my office, and have used some cheaper small artificial mats. 
4. Speed: Medium 

1.Scott from Avon, IN

2. Through the winter I don't really have an option right now, we just put in hardwood floors, so I can't really putt at home. Have looked into some mats on Amazon, but have been skeptical of them.

3. Had an indoor cup with ball return that I used on carpet, didn't think it was really helping my putting.

4. I would probably want a medium speed to test. Think that would be the most beneficial to the courses I play.

I'm from Indianapolis, IN now living in Avon, I'm about a 12 handicap and have been playing for about 25 years-ish. I played in High School, but didn't take it too seriously, wishing I had now, lol. Now with 2 young kids, I get to play about once a week, and try to hit the range one other time a week. I'm kind of obsessed again right now and just want to improve, bought my irons in August after playing TM Burners for 10+ years, I have the P770's on order, got to use the Golf Galaxy 90 day play to return the 790's and get the 770's and they let me keep them until the 770's come in, though I don't think they thought it would be November before that happened😄 Have downloaded the 18 Birdies app, and have really enjoyed both the GPS and online instruction tools. Love listening to NPG and reading all of the reviews. 

Driver: Callaway Diablo Octane 9 Deg, with a Project X 6.0 Stiff Flex Shaft

3 Wood: Callaway Diablo Octane 15 Deg, with a Stiff Flex Shaft

TaylorMade Driving Iron: Hazardous Smoke Yellow Still Flex Shaft

Irons 3-PW: 2019 TaylorMade P790 Project X 6.5

Cleveland RTX 3: 52 Deg Mid Bounce S400 Shaft

Cleveland RTX 4: 56 Deg Mid Bounce S400 Shaft

Odyssey O Works #9 Putter Super Stoke Grip

Titleist Pro V1, because a course near me sells them in mint condition used for $30 a dozen. Also really enjoyed the Snell MTB Black golf ball.

Shelby  -  Wichita, KS

I currently use a Putt-Out on a BirdieBall mat currently. I'm interested in trying this version.

I've used cheap mats, the Pelz Truth Board, and tried several other mats like the Well-Putt and other artificial turf.

I like the slowest speed as it feels nearly equivalent to putting on a fast green the way it is. 

1. Pat - Dallas, TX
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? I putt on the carpet in my TV room. 
  3.  I had one about 15 years ago only used it a few times it was not even close to my greens that I was playing at that time.
  4. 4X10 Putting Mat Medium speed
  •  

Brandon Rycroft - Nashville, TN

I just started playing in March so I haven’t had a chance to practice through the winter yet. 

I’ve used my bosses that he has in his office but that’s about it. I like it but it’s a little cheap and wrinkly. 

I would go for the medium speed.