TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

Ryan - Portland, OR

I play pretty much all year - winters are wet but playable here in the Pacific NW.  Winter trips to AZ and CA also helpful.

Putting mats used - Putt Out Hole & Putt Out Mat, Delta Putt, and a really bad mat that never laid flat dont remember the name but it has the three silly 'bunker' holes beyond the raised hole section.  

Medium or fast mat preferable.

1. Zach Lincoln NE
  2. Anywhere I can, hardwood floors, carpet etc.
  3. I have used a few artificial putting greens in the past, they are either too slow. Or they have slight imperfections that redirect the ball. Typically use a skilz putting mat at work.
  4. I would like to test the Medium speed birdieball green as I play typically private courses as well as a few municipal courses here and there.

a. Iron specs (Loft Standard, 2⁰ upright)

b. Driver specs (9⁰, x-stiff)

c. Dexterity (Right)

d. Lincoln NE

e. Handicap 0

#teeoneup

1. Carroll Glass, Northern Virginia, USA
  2. Momentus Putting Trainer
  3. Used a standard putting mat without a ball return
  4. Medium Stimp/10-11 speed green I'd want to test

Anticipated 2021 WITB: PING G45 Driver, PING G45 Fairway Wood, Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons #3-PW, Callaway Customs Jaws MD5 AW, Callaway Customs PM Grind 19 SW and LW [4-Degree club gap seperation], Ping Heppler Tyne 3 w/ PP59 Grip, Titelist Pro V1 golf bag, Ping Cart Bag, BagBoy Pull Cart 

Ryan, Abingdon, VA 

I practice at a local golf course. Usually the winter where I live allows for a few days practice per week. 

I have owned the standard 3 x 9 kidney-shaped practice green and I always enjoyed using it, but it was thrown out when we moved. 

I’d like to try the medium or fast speed practice green. 

jb - Chicago

Putt on the basement carpet.

Previously had a cheap mat and putt return machine...that broke. Did I mention cheap. The mat was no better than my carpet hence my public course 6-7 Stimp carpet use.

Medium 10-11 Stimp

8 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:
  • Dean / Newton, MA / USA
  • Putt on carpet in my home office.  
  • I was the proud owner of DIY golf putting mat created with Home Depot astro turf and a putting cup with tiny Yellow flag.  Lasted a single Northeast winter.
  • Slow or medium is perfect if chosen

Edited by deanodeanodeano

I am happy to test as we have but one, maybe two weeks to play at 60+ degree temperatures here in New England so it will be nice to do some putting indoors when the outdoors is no longer available.

1. Mark from Lake Suzy, Florida
2. Living in Florida, I get to play year-round however, I practice at home on my putting mat regularly after work.
3. I have a 9' x 3' putting mat that I use at home.
4. I would prefer to test a "Medium - 10-11 Stimpmeter - Private Course" mat, however, I would be glad to test any of them.

Edited by MC Mark

1420404074_WITBupdate.png.703bed9990a17080aaa7ed0116c9c292.png

Vern - Austintown, OH

I usually practice at course I'm playing. I had a cheap putting mat. Would love to have this for use in my basement.

Medium to fast stimp 11-13

Thanks

WITB:

Driver - Callaway BB Alpha 9* Kuro Kage 50g. Reg. Shaft - 45"

3 Wood - Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Pro 14.5* Project X 5.5

5 Wood - Callaway XR 19* Project X 5.5

3 - 5 Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Hybrids 18*, 22*, & 25* w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft

6 - PW - Callaway Apex w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft - Standard length & lofts 

GW, SW & LW - Hogan TK - 49*, 54* & 58* - KBS fst - Wedge flex

Putter - Ping - Mid Ketsch Heavy - 33"

1. Alex-  Minneapolis, MN

2. I normally keep my putting sharp through the winter by hitting indoor practice facilities where they have artificial greens, or with an older out of date putting mat at home. 
3. Past experience with putting mats has been that I haven’t found one with the right feel and big enough size. My current one made by Sklz isn’t great.

4. I’d love to try something 10-11 speed

Edited by alexwalejewsky
8 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Marc, Denver Colorado 

putting on carpet around the house

never owned one

medium speed with cups on Both sides to practice with and against the grain

Ricky

Palm Coast, Florida

Normally, I have access to turf, but I have been looking into a mat to get better use of practice time, even if I only have 15-20 minutes.  Better than wasting the time driving to the course.

I had one made of astro turf about 10 years ago, it turned into a walking path.

First choice of speed would be slow, but I would be pleased to try anyone of them.

1. Thomas - San Diego
  2. Can play/practice year round + PuttOUT with a generic putting mat
  3. Grew up with automatic return putting mat and parents have a turf putting green. Have a home mat now with PuttOUT training aid. 
  4. Medium 10-11 on stimp - since most of the courses I play would be similar. 

stephen Cunningham. Madison, AL

I have a cheap wooden ramp putting Matt that returns balls at work and I have a PuttOut Matt at home. 

I have used a 2x10ft callaway mat that used a Velcro half circle as a cup. I have used a cheaper wooden ramp with a 12ft carpet attached and most recently the Putt out Mat. 
The Calloway may was ok but kept curling from being rolled up. It was very thin as well so any imperfections in the floor would influence roll. The wooden ramp used a very cheap nylon mat that did not provide a true roll. The Putt out mat is nice but I’d really like to be able to practice longer putts. It is also influenced by the wood grain in my hardwood floors and gets a “track” in the carpet from continued putts and that doesn’t allow for a true roll. 

I would like the Faster speed as I normally play at private clubs. On the website I only saw the medium speed available.

I am really interested in this mat. I would love to have the chance to test it and write a detailed review. I am very picky and the birdie ball mats seem like the best option out there, especially for the price. 

Edited by Stephen1125

Driver: Taylormade M3 440cc 9* 45.25" Diamana D+ 70 x-flex

3w - Taylormade RBZ stage 2 tour 14.5* Fujikura 70 s-flex std length

Hybrid - Mizuno JPX 850 s-flex std length. 

Irons: Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-PW. Project X 6.5 flighted shafts ⅜" gapping. 39.25" 5 iron 2* upright

Wedges- Titlist Vokey SM6 51*, 55*, 59* 2* upright

Putter - Machine M10 adjuster, no sight line. 35.5"

1. Name: Nathan, West Los Angeles
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? There is no such thing as winter in L.A! But in all seriousness, I have a putting green at home and have around 5 drills I complete on it to stay sharp. Especially now, with putting greens closed at public courses. When I get a Country Club invite, I spend as much as I can on their putting greens for the day. 
  3. My Current/Past Experience with putting mats: I have a medium/low grade putting mat at the moment, this assists with practicing getting the ball rolling on the intended line, but lacks speed control with the quality of the material. As a young child, the old carpet at my parents house with a cup was the way to go. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test: Seeing as I play public courses a lot, the Slow - 9- 10 Stimpmeter - Public Municipal option would be the best to compare. Or if everyone is picking that option, the Medium - 10 - 11 Stimpmeter - Private Course, seeing as I have played some private course this year.

:callaway-small: Driver: GBB Epic 10.5*
:callaway-small: 3 Wood: Epic Flash
:callaway-small: 4 Hybrid: Epic Flash
:callaway-small: Irons:  - PW Rogue 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50*, SM7 56*, 60*
:titelist-small: :cameron-small: Putter: California Fastback 35" w Red Cord Dancing SC Grip
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag
:titelist-small: or :bridgestone-small: Ball: Tour Soft or e12

Still learning. Love the art of putting.