TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

10 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Randy---Sacramento, CA

Go to the golf course

Tried one to buy but most do not roll true like putting green..so never invested in one.

Medium speed is what I play most.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

Ryan   Reading, MA

During the winter, and most of the season (with two little ones), I'll practice on my living room carpet. It's not too slow but not too quick and I have a hole to putt to. This has helped work on my stroke, especially with the little ones who love to play too. 

I have a mat that I can unroll in my basement but it's hard to use since it doesn't sit flat and I'm pretty sure it's a valley in the middle keeping all of the putts on line. 

I'd like to test the fast/championship, since I play a mix of courses, it's more difficult getting used to the fast greens than the medium or slow ones because there are not enough public courses with fast enough greens near me to practice for tournaments. 

Zach Omaha, Ne

Practice is a mixture of the putting green and at home on a putting mat a few times a week. 

I currently have a putting mat similar to a perfect putt and a puttout. 

Would like to try the private course speed.

Mike, Jessup MD

Currently I practice on carpet in the living room.

I've had those 8 to 10 foot skinny rugs with the hole on a ramp at the end.  Those never worked well because they carpet comes rolled up, but when you unroll it it always has bumps and never really rolls true.

I'd be happy with a medium or faster speed to test.  As when you're working at home more about grooving technique/routine so I'm happy with anytnig as i'll be better then house carpet.

Luke from Sioux Falls, SD

During the winters all I do is putt on the carpet at home.

I have never had a putting mat but would love to try this one out!

I would like to test the medium speed version.

Neil from Manchester, England

mainly practice putting at course as I haven’t found a Matt that is accurate enough to practice on other than the thousands of pound platform. 

I would benefit from any speed but I expect the medium speed to be most beneficial to me. 

Edited by Dixie1984
Missed out name

Mitch, Columbus, Ohio

I use a 10ft Birdietown mat and a Putt out pressure put trainer. The mat has a marks at every foot for a 10 foot 'ladder.' I work up and down the ladder every day. I also have a Skytrak simulator that I regularly use in the winter.

Aside from the Birdietown, I've used some of the cheaper mats that have a built in incline and a return ramp. 

If selected, I'd prefer to test the fast-speed mat.

This looks like a great product for practicing!

1. Andrew - Centreville, VA

2. Have a carpet with lines in my basement and a putting cup. So practicing putting along the line  is my go to. 

3. None at home. Only the putting surfaces as those big box stores. Always make putts on those! somehow it doesn't translate to real greens... 🤔

4. Typical courses I play at 10-11 on the Stimp. so Medium.

Thanks!

1. Colby, Dunedin, FL
  2. Living in Florida, I am usually able to utilize outdoor practice green time during the "winter" months. Painfully hot summers, on the other hand, can limit outdoor practice time.
  3. I have never owned a putting mat, and have usually used the living room rug to practice putting indoors.
  4. I would prefer to test the medium 10-11 Stimpmeter speed, however I would be open to testing the fast green speed as well
  •  

1. Chris, Long Island, NY 2. I putt on carpet in my office, we also have putting mat at office in game room and on course through the winter. 3. Mostly use putting mat at work and sometimes at golf range and retail stores. 4. Medium speed

11 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Scott Francis, Omaha NE

Practice on carpet in the winter or a short putting green.  

Had some experience with other mats but didnt seem realistic.

Medium 10-11 stimp speed

Id love to five you feedback on any putting green.

scott

1. Erik, Kailua Hawaii
  2. Winter isn't a problem here in Hawaii.
  3. No experience with putting mats,, other than trying out putters at golf stores.
  4. I would like the medium speed.

Thanks!

1. Joshua Buffalo New York                       2. Sometimes putt on the flat carpet I have in the upstairs but its not great.       3. Long time ago putting on that green carpet like stuff that people use to put on there back porches or Florida room and into a plug in ball returner.                  4. Fast

1. Jim   Appleton, WI
  2. I keep my touch by curling in the winter.  seriously that is much more of a game touch and focus and fitness than you would think.  However a putting mat would be extremely helpful. 
  3. My experience with mats is basically hitting some outts at golf galaxy and some trade show games.
  4. I would like to test the medium speed mat. My course, while it is public cuts and rolls on a lot of weekends so it runs by my guess 10 to maybe 12. 

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM M5 Tensei Red Stiff

TM RBZ 3 wood

Wilson Fybred - next on the chopping block

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line

Zach and Philadelphia 

usually will try putt on carpet or if the weather is warm enough, putt at the course.

experience using indoor mats at golf stores and practice facilities.

championship speed would be the best fit 

1. Joe      Washington, IL
  2. Feed the old PING a bunch of made putts in the fall so it can hibernate through winter lest Mother Nature blesses Central IL with a winter window. 
  3. Had a Potty Putter in college 
  4. Slow