TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

Brad, Kitty Hawk, NC

most putting practice is at the course before tee time.

I have used putting mats in the past and have had some improvement.

I would like to test the medium speed mat.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. Scott, Suffolk, VA
  2. Most winters we can play in my area, so I practice at the course when I can (not often enough).
  3. My experience is all past. My parents had a cheap mat that didn't roll (or store) well. It was foam and had lots bumps and folds in it. It wasn't much use.
  4. Ultimate, 4x10, Medium

Thank you!

20 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Ryan Gribben

Warrenpoint

Small putting mat at home

Roll out mat on a wooden small. Very small

Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic I spent a lot of time in my basement chipping and putting on the carpet. It improved my short game a notch or two but by trying out this putting that I think I could become even better. I am 62 years old and currently play to weigh 14 handicapI am 62 years old and currently play to weigh 14 handicap

1. Clete, omaha, ne
  2. Putting on carpet at home
  3. My parents had a simple 12" wide ramped mat, but once I flew the coop, I haven't used any
  4. Medium speed

Mizuno MP58 4-PW (std. specs)

Titleist 910D3 (9* stiff)

Righty

Omaha, NE

10 HC

William from Charleston, SC

I try to keep my putting game sharp year round at home.  In my garage gym I have a 14' mat that I have customized with a diy electronic ball return and a adjustable level surface.  I also use a PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer on the mat surface.

I have tried a few different putting mats in the past and always have the same three frustrations. 

One - Creating a level surface for a true, straight roll.

Two - The surfaces of all of the putting mats are all different speeds.  This does not translate well on the course.  Fast and slow are relitive terms.

Three - Lame ball return. My current mat returns my 14' putts to 8' which is frustrating.  So I got crafty and attached a $12 electronic ball return to it.

I actually would be interested in a slower/medium speed green. 

Thanks!

Brady, Noblesville IN, US

i practice with a skillz putting Matt that is great for straight uphill putts from 7 feet. It would be great to have a mat that could be bigger and flat to challenge my shorter putts as well as my longer putts. I would love medium speed

1. Ryan - Erie, PA
  2. Large area rug tight pile on concrete with small cups from my kids first plastic junior set.
  3. Zero!
  4. Medium

2017 TM M1 440 10.5 w/ UST Elements Wind 6F5

Callaway Epic 3W w/ UST Elements Wind 7F4

Adams Idea2 21* w/ Aldila NV85S

Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-GW w/ DG Pro S300

Callaway MD4 54W / MD3 58W w/ TT DGS400 black

Hogan Bettinardi Baby Ben / Bettinardi BB54

1: Jim A. Westerville, Ohio

2: In the winter I use Puttout which I bought based on MGS recommendation.  Use it on carpet.

3: I had a putting mat years ago but it was very stiff and hard.  Threw it away.

4: Since I play mostly on public courses I think the medium would be a good fit for me.

thanks, Jim

Jake - Pittsburgh, PA

I use a cheap Amazon putting mat in my office that I putt on daily. 

I have had 2-3 mats that are all on the cheaper end. Never one that i felt was even remotely “good”. 

Medium fits the courses i play most often

Kyle Wilson, Westfield IL

I currently putt on our living room/basement carpet. The basement is a bit quicker than living room, however I drive my wife crazy when I putt in the living room. Haha

i have tried a few mats over the years, usually cheaper ones from wal-mart/golf galaxy. I have never really enjoyed the few that I have owned and have often found myself driving 20-25min to the course to practice putting.

I would like to try the medium speed mat due to the courses that I play here in central IL. I play nicer country club greens as well as public courses. Medium speed would probably simulate what I encounter on the course.

Good luck and God Bless

Tom, Fairfax Station, Va

I have a basic, astroturf type mat.

Current mat does not simulate realistic grass conditions. It seems to do better on concrete than carpet.

Looking to replicate speeds that "stimp" around 10.

Driver:  Callaway Epic Flash, Fujikura Pro 2.0 stiff

3 wood:  Callaway Epic Flash

3 Hybrid:   TaylorMade M2

4 Hybrid:  TaylorMade M2

Irons:  5 iron -PW PXG 0211, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff

50 and 54 degree wedges:  Callaway MD3

58 degree wedge:  Callaway PM grind

Putter:  TaylorMade Ardmore 3

•  

Andrew, St.Louis MO

I practice putting often all year long, use a putting mat, or put on the low pile carpet in the basement.  When putting on carpet it is just a focus on path, so pick out targets like a table leg and try to hit it. I use an Eyeline mirror to focus on setup. 

Past experience with mats goes back about 10 years.  Had the Skilz Accelerator Pro for a long time I was actually convinced I wore a groove in it and thought it was impossible to miss so I stopped using it.  Wife bought me a Perfect Practice 9’ May for Father’s Day this year. Have used it a ton.  Disappointed it doesn’t sit very flat at the ramp.  Added a PuttOut pressure trainer to work on speed due to the whole ramp issue of the mat.  

For a Birdieball mat the best speed for me would be medium.  

I used to use the carpeted hallway but recently bought a Birdie Ball mat for my office. I am quite interested in seeing how much different the new ramped format will work compared to my present model. I do like my Birdie Ball, but even the middle speed is faster than most greens I've played on this year.