TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

Douglas Chadwick, Lusby, MD

I used to putt on carpet and now I have a felt mat with Velcro cups. It doesn’t roll very true. 

I would like to test the medium speed mat and the longer the better. I am finishing my basement so I will have a large area to practice. 

Fritz:  Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey

I would love to have a quality indoor putting mat to practice at home with my collection of over 100 putters.  they don't fit in my bag when I go to the course!!!

Edited by dumpybutz
additional info

Matt Denver, CO

Putting green on the course is where I Practice 

Never used Practice green but would love to try one out.

Medium speed would be great to practice on, thank you for the opportunity. 

Cobra F9 Driver, Cobra F9 3-4 Fairway Wood, Cobra FMax 3-4 Hybrids and 6-PW, Cobra King MIM 50 degree wedge, Warrior 60 degree wedge, Ping Scottsdale Carefree putter.

•  

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location:  Fritiz Woodcliff Lake, new Jersey
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?  At home on smooth carpet and at the local PGA Superstore on their indoor putting greeen
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats:  Had a few over the years from a narrow 2 x 12 foot Strip with Cup to larger heavy and bulky foam mats with multiple cups.  Both when rolled were no longer smooth rolling.  Big disappointment..
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

1.  Fritz Woodclig Lake, New Jersey

2.  At home on smooth carpet and at the local PGA Superstore on their indoor putting green

3.  Had a few over the years from a narrow 2 x 12 foot Strip with Cup to larger heavy and bulky foam mats with multiple cups.  Both when rolled were no longer smooth rolling.  Big disappointment..

4.  Fast Speed preferred

Josh, St Augustine Fl

mostly carpet. 3 rooms with different speed carpets. Occasionally on the practice greens at the course. There is no winter in Florida 

No significant experience with artificial putting greens. The one I used was recently purchased by a family member but was too lumpy and creased from unpacking to putt on.

slow 9-10-public municipal 

0341 GEN1 2W-PXG

XCG4 3W & 4hyb-TourEdge

3,4,6-PW Comp Lx Irons-TourEdge

54*  & 58* PMP FG Tour wedged-Wilson Staff 

GEN2 Spitfire Putter-PXG

With the heat and humidity of SC summers I primarily practice putting on the carpet in my office with a PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer and putting alignment mirror. As fall approaches I'll be able to make more trips to the putting greens at the local courses.

TM Driver & 3 wood

Ping hybrids & irons

TA Impact Series 3 putter

Manny

I play year rounf in the PNW, we dont get much snow. 

The rain doesnt stop us from playing, we look for a few dry days and we are out playing

I put on the carpet and at the course, but would love to try this matt out and see if I can

improve my putting

Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

6hdcp, and I 100% don’t practice enough at putting. My practice consists of maybe hitting the putting green for 5 minutes before going to first tee. It’s so stupid how many strokes I leave out there from not practicing putting!

On 9/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

I was named to Iowa Basketball Hall of Fame in 2009.

Cedar Rapids Iowa

Basement mat -12 inches wide  and I go to the course and practice

I also coach golf at a small high school and it would be invaluable.

I play the muni courses so medium speed.

We only get to play here until November and they open up again in late March.

I was named to Iowa Basketball Hall of Fame in 2009.

Tim   Edmond, OK

Keep Putting sharp in winter:  Putting Green at Course and on an indoor mats that I have in my golf room in the house

Have an old runner style mat for long putts and a Putt Up Mat for shorter putts. Works pretty well but feels like putting on short pile carpet.  I have tried various solutions over the years. Need to upgrade and take advantage of the new improved technology.  I use various alignment and stroke path tools as well. DLG Navigator, Eyeline, alignment sticks.   I use the current putting mats once or twice per week in the summer May - September and almost daily in the winter. 

Medium 10-11 Stimpmeter would match the greens I putt on usually.

Thanks for bringing my attention to this new option.  

Tim 

1. First Name and Location - Ty Kelley / Portland Oregon
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? - I try to go to the local course and use the putting greens with the weather permitting.  
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - I have Puttout mat and hole.
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test - I would be willing to test any speed but choose the Medium.  

This is a great opportunity that I would love to apply but living in FL we have putting year round.
Good luck to the Testers

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1) Christopher, Sioux City IA

2) I use a grey PuttOut matt with a Pelz Putting tutor (two marbles as a gate), and the Putt Out trainer and gate (I like the Pelz tutor better than the PuttOut mirror to get the ball started as I think the notch to start the ball is cheating a bit - always starts on line rather than the Tutor with the marbles).  I have a set that I roll out on my hardwood floor in my living room; AND I have a set that resides in my car trunk and gets rolled out on the carpet in my hotel room (111 nights in a Staybridge hotel this year so far). 

3) As mentioned, I use a Putt Out matt - A couple observations: First, I have literally worn a groove in the mat...  (while that shows work ethic, that can't be good, right?) I think it is prone to bobbling at the the end if you are trying to roll it over the hole mark when not using the pressure trainer.

1405878444_ScreenShot2020-09-19at10_50_44AM.png.224ea3b5a06b4e53dc2a3fbb162d0219.png

Second, I also think it tends to be on the slow side generally. They say its a 10 on the stimp but I'm not so sure.  

Third, while I appreciate the markings for distance , and though it is  8 feet long it is really only 6 feet of usable distance.  Thats the biggest reason I'm interested in the birdie ball.  I need to work on longer distances.  I tend to be in real jeopardy of three putting when I have a long distance putt. Arccos shots gained has "putting by length" as "what to work on"

None of these are complaints really - I did buy a second one... but things I think can be improved.

4) I'd prefer the fast speed.  I checked with my sup, to compare to what he typically has them rolling in the summer and he said I'd want the faster one - 11 to 13 on the stimp. 

Would appreciate the opportunity - and a big thanks to Birdie Ball for making these available. 

I'm super curious about how well a person can adapt to hitting an 18 foot putt when your eyes see only  ten feet of distance on the mat - and how they adapt to then going out to a real green and hitting an 18 footer or a ten footer.  Do your eyes/brain say "I have to hit this harder" based on what it sees?  Are you training yourself to hit 10 footers too hard?  I don't know.  But I'm curious.  I hope whoever is chosen does a comparison between what they do on the mat, and how they take that to the course - or at least someplace where they have a real 18 footer...

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)