TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

1. Austin / Dallas, Tx
  2. I try to make it out to the course still. I don’t do a lot of indoor practice, unfortunately
  3. I’ve had a conventional turf mat with a couple hole options. In my experience it’s a good read on it you’re hitting the ball true. 
  4. Medium preferred, but fast would be good too
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. Mark Kessler, Frisco Tx

2. Its warm enough to play year round here, so I can always go outside. But right now I don’t have time to go to the course to practice putting for two hours, so I do most of my putting practice on carpet which is less than ideal

3. I’ve never tried any putting mat products but I’m aware of different companies, their available products, and the state of the market.

4. 10 stimp would be ideal, most greens here in Dallas run pretty quick at least in the summer but not Augusta national quick. 

1. Kyle. Connecticut
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? Living room practice mat, some travel
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats. Own a practice mat. Great for alignment and mechanics. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test. Would be open to either the medium or fast. 

Logan Park - Panama City, Fl

We don't get harsh winters here so I can practice at golf course putting greens through the winter when I play.

I had a old kidney shape roll out mat about 15 years ago that I didn't use that much.

I would like the 10-11 stump mat. A lot of courses here play slow, but that speed would be better for practice at better courses.

1. Scott Salt Lake City, Utah
  2. I practice putting in the house on the carpet as our course are usually covered in snow.
  3. I have one, but find it limiting as it has only one hole and isn’t wide enough to offer multiple looks.
  4. Medium-private course

Callaway Epic SZ 10' 

TM SLDR Driver 14'

TM M2 5 wood 18'

Titleist 4 hybrid 21'

Titleist 5 hybrid 25'

Ping i200 6-PW

TM TP EF 50'

Ping Glide 2.0 54' & 58'

Bettinardi Antidote 

Dave Manchester New Hampshire

I have to practice on the oriental rug in my living room. she you must be obeyed isn't happy when I do!

I made on out of a local Home Depot green turf rug.  Didn't help.  Other than that once in a blue moon at the local Golf retailer.  Not since Covid 19 though!!

Medium - 10 - 11 Stimpmeter - Private Course

Driver: Tour Exotics EXS (thanks MGS!).

3 Wood: Hireko Caiman 

Hybrid: 4 5 irons Acer XV  Aldila graphite VL shafts

Irons: 6 - PW Acer XV HT Apollo Acculite 75 

Wedges: Dynacaft CNC milled Apollo Acculite 75

Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3

Willie 

Abco Tech Indoor Golf Putting Green – Portable Mat with Auto Ball Return Function (from Amazon) 

Medium as I tend to switch between Muni and Semi-Private.  

WITB? :taylormade-small:10.5deg SLDR (R flex),  :taylormade-small:3HL/17 SLDR Series (R flex),:taylormade-small: 5/19 SLDR Series (R flex), :taylormade-small: 4h/22 SLDR Series (R flex), :callaway-small: DIablo graphite shaft irons (5 (R flex), 6-PW (A flex)), :cleveland-small: CBX 50, 54,& 58 wedges - graphite, :odyssey-small: White Iron 5 putter.   

1. First Name and Location - Aaron...Scottsdale, AZ
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? - No winter down here...:)
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - I purchased the $49 auto return mat from Dicks...I believe the brand was Maxfli. It felt cheap, and didn't roll all that true, but helped with getting the ball on line. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test - I think the medium speed...some of the AZ courses get dry in the summer, but generally aren't stimping at 13. 
  1. Matthew St. Louis, MO
  2. Putting on carpet
  3. too fast or too slow.  wrinkles. 
  4. Classic 1/2", 8 ft, medium stimp, 4 cups/flags - 2 side A & 1 side B with end and side bumpers.  Contour shims would be a huge plus (love it to work on putting to a point and working on feel with putts that break away i.e. left to right break for a right handed putter.  Bag is great since I have kids and would be nice too for safe keeping and moving to different locations in house.  Would love to have it to practice also while watching golf (obviously a plus while watching pros for added motivation).  

Thanks for consideration!

•  

Epic Flash 10.5 w/ Hazrdus Yellow X 

Epic Flash 3W w/ Tensei Blue

Apex '19 3 Hybrid

Apex Pro irons w/ TT Tour Elevate Steel

Vokey 51, 55

PM Grind 60

1. Stephen, Virginia 

2. I try and keep sharp by putting on carpet in my bonus room and get to my course putting green when the temperature and weather allow

3. I had a rolled up matt to putt on but it would never stay firm and straight

4. I like the 8' green with 3 flags and shims to change speeds and angles

Rob, Bell took, OH

I putt on a matt in my living room

I use some random one I bought on Amazon years ago it works okish...

Prefer medium speed since I play a lot of slow to medium greens

Garett Dika

Grande Prairie, AB, Canada

I have a Bentgrass green in my backyard but it's under snow all winter so I just play simulator golf and that business has a putting mat that I use.

I have not used putting mats a whole lot.

Rick, New England

indoors, on an old piece of indoor/outdoor carpet

I've never used a purpose made putting mat.

Prefer to test the Medium speed as most of the greens I play fall into that speed range.

:titelist-small: TSi2 9.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3 16.5 / 10.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TS3H 23°

:titelist-small: CNCPT 5i-48°

:vokey-small: SM8 52° / 58°

:cameron-small: Fastback 1.0 Circle T

Drew Mechanicsburg, PA

I usually practice putting inside on carpet since it’s too cold to go outside over the winter.  If we get a random warm day I’ll go to the practice green at a local course. 

I have no experience with putting mats due to the cost. Just usually putting around the house on carpet. 

I would prefer the medium speed as the greens in the area can vary on speed 

1. Jonathan, Bettendorf, Iowa.
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? In the winter, I really just occasionally put on carpet in my basement, I've always wanted a way to put inside the house but I've never found anything that stood out to me which would facilitate me practicing inside.
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats. I've only used putting mats in big box stores when trying out putters.
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test. I would like to test the Medium 10-11 stimpmeter private course model.

:ping-small: G410 Plus Driver, Tensei Orange 

:taylormade-small: R11 TP 5 wood, Project X

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 3 Iron, Alta CB

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-LW Project X LZ 5.5

:scotty-small:   Phantom X 12

James - New York City, NY

As many golf trips as possible

I bought a cheap mat off of Amazon, but I wasn't too thrilled with it

Medium speed!