TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,559 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

1. Bobby In Pittsburgh 
  2. With a perfect practice 9 ft putting mat
  3. I have a lot of experience with them I’ve had 3 over the past 3 years but can’t find one I like 
  4. Medium speed 10-11 (private club)

Twitter: @bobbyburdette

Instagram: bobbyburdette

Lefty // 13 GHIN Handicap

TaylorMade M2 ('16) Driver w/Aldila Black Rogue 60 Stiff
TaylorMade M2 ('16) 3W w/Aldila Black Rogue 60 Stiff
Taylormade M2 ('16) 4H Rescue w/REAX 75g Stiff

Taylormade M2 ('16) Irons 5-AW w/True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Cleveland RTX-3 CB Tour Satin 54 & 58 & 60

Taylormade Spider Tour Red #3 w/SL

Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Align - Midsize

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

Reggie - Madison, WI

I used to live in OR, where I could go to the course over the winter. Now I'm in Wisconsin, I have a 10' Wellputt that I'll be using in the concrete basement.

I used the Wellputt this last Spring, it's not ideal but its good to work on speed

I'd want to test the fast mat, hopefully the 1 x 2 directional hole setup

:titelist-small: TS4, 9.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.5TX
:cleveland-small: Launcher 3W, 15, Fujikara Gold X-Stiff
:callaway-small: Apex Pro 19 4-W, Dynamic Gold X100
:vokey-small: SM6 56
:vokey-small: SM7 50, 52, 60
:scotty-small: Circa 62 No. 2
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Leon, Sweet Home, Oregon 

I use a cheap knockoff putting mat from Amazon that I use on hardwood floors throughout the winter. I try and putt 3 to 5 days a week inside throughout the whole year. 

I would like to test either a medium or a fast green cause that would be closest to what I play on my local course.

1. First Name and Location Mike, Cincinnati,  OH
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? Right now I don't because I have no way to do so. 
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats I have used a narrow mat with an auto return. It usually had wrinkles from being in a box and was not very useful. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test. I would like to test the medium speed. I typically play municipal and public courses and I think that speed would be the best match.

1. Laurie  San Diego, CA

2.  PuttOUT Pro Putting Matt with a PuttOUT Pressure Putt Trainer or trip to the practice putting green 

3.   The PuttOUT putting matt is the only matt designed for putting that I've used (my carpet doesn't count).  With nothing to compare it to, it has been a fine tool to use.  Easy to set up, travel with and retains it's shape.  

4.  Medium

Thanks for your consideration!

Hey guys,

I'm Karl Theobald from San Francisco, CA

I mostly practice putting at golf courses or practice facilities in the Bay Area. On real grass

I've never owned an at-home putting practice mat of any kind but I'd love to have the ability to practice at home

I'd prefer the medium speed mat. 3-5 cups.

Primarily practice in my office on carpet.

I am a retired Golf Coach, Club builder and Ambassador Captain at Waterview GC

I will test any junk you want me to test.

Practice makes Permanent....

Retired Coach, Club builder-tinkerer, Ambassador Captain at Waterview GC.

This green would be great to use with my young daughters who love putting with me on the carpet 3-4 time a week at home or whenever I get a chance to take them to the course’s practice green.

ive heard great things about these green and would love to be a very honest and critical tester for this product! Hopefully, it will help lower my scores and build my confidence on the greens!

1. Jeff from Louisville, KY

2. During the winter I really don't practice putting. If it warms up enough I'll go to the green at a local course but I don't have any carpet in my house and don't have any training/practice mats.

3. When I was a kid I used to spend hours putting on my dad's old (1990s) putting mat with the faux green grass and plastic ramp. Other than that, I've got none.

4. I would like the medium speed, if selected.

I'd love to be selected for this one - I have been perusing the birdieball site for months now and am intrigued by their proprietary surface. Thanks for the consideration!

:titelist-small: TS4 @ 9.5° w/ EvenFlow White 85         :titelist-small: TS3 3W @ 13.5° w/ EvenFlow White 75          :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

:taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0          :vokey-small: 52°, 56°, 60°

:scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :titelist-small: -ProV1x (Left Dash)

1. Max, Los Angeles
  2. I try to play once a week at a city course
  3. I had one that was ok, but it rolled really fast and was so thin it picked up all the bumps/slopes in the hardwood floor, so it was a bit like mini-golf putting.
  4. Slow - Muni course speed

Driver: :titelist-small: TS3    3w: :cobra-small: F8    4 hy: :taylormade-small: Sim Max    4-Pw: :callaway-small: Apex CF16    52,56,60: :cleveland-small: RTX 3   

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X    Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Micheal - San Ramon Ca.

The weather is good to be able to practice at the course but we also practice in the garage on a putt out mat

We practice on a putt out mat as well as carpet

We would like to test out the fast speed . I think it would be a great benefit to help with speed control as it is easier to transition to slower speeds 

1. Oliver - Boise, Idaho
  2. I have a very basic roll out mat that I use a few times a week in the winter. I also bring it to my office and putt on my breaks. 
  3. I have only owned one mat, and I still use it. Every time that I roll it up, it wrinkles up and I have to work on it, in order to flatten it. It does the job, but I have been looking at purchasing a new one. 
  4. Fast 

Oliver

1. First Name and Location: Sam and South Bend, IN
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? I built my own putting strip out of supplies from Lowe's.
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats: I've only used the one I built
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test: Medium 10-11
  1. First Name and Location: Jeremy, San Luis Obispo, CA
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
    Luckily, I live in CA where conditions are not too shabby during winter so only thing that will stop me is rain ect.. But I practice and adapt to local courses testing green speeds. I also putt at home and in office using a variety of retail putting mats. Also really like utilizing my 24/8 “mamba” putting drill in which I’ll evenly space 8 balls around the hole starting 3 feet back and extending in increments as a sink easy putts building an organic rhythm along with much needed confidence into my putting stroke and a solid routine is developed as I setup making 24 in a row 2 times before moving to chipping drills. Takes a few tries to execute but once you see yourself overcome it’s very easy drill that requires little effort but much discipline. 
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats: 
    I’ve tried a variety of putting mats along with Golf Training products that offer the similar concepts. Currently, my favorite is the SKILLZ vari-break 7ft putting mat which allows me to keep my touch on par without the weather or any other conditions affecting me. When practicing I move the locations of these mats (ie to On top of carpet, adding thicker surfaces to slow roll, and also on top of concrete so that I can focus on my tempo without losing control of putts) so that I will understand all speeds and roll when it comes to competing in a round. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test: I’d prefer testing the Medium speed or even fast mat of available; I want a realistic mat that will allow me to get a close to the game as possible without actually being at the course building that confidence to execute my short game (80 yards in). *248 perfect putts a day keeps them bogies Away!!!

David located in Boston, Ma

i practice my putting on a 7 foot putting mat. It’s a solid putting mat but not as pure at the BirdieBall mat. I’ve used a friends BirdieBall mat a few times and it’s amazing. 

I’d like to try the medium speed mat as I think that most similar to the courses I play. 

I will throw my name in but have no real reservations about being picked since my season is coming to an end shortly in Iowa. Good luck everyone!

•Mark Iowa

I putt on the carpet down my hallway lol

If the sold at Walmart with the hole on top of a slope counts, then that is my last experience.

•Without a doubt the medium speed since my greens vary so drastically from course to course in my area.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

1. Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

1.   JJ in Nebraska

2.  Indoor putting turf 

3.  Yes currently use indoor turf

4.  Medium or anyone you want me to test.  Never had the chance to test for you yet.