TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,559 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

First Name and Location: Stuart, Chandler, AZ

How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?: In AZ, putting needs to stay sharp year-round son!

Current/Past Experience with putting mats: currently have kidney bean shaped putting mat with 3 holes at the end. It's decent but similar to the video, after rolling up, it develops lumps and bumps and just becomes too bumpy to use.

Green Speed: Slow to Med as most of the courses I play are public between 8-12 on stimp.

Putting is currently my weakest area in the game. Admittedly because of lack of motivation and tools to practice. Would be interesting to see if this would keep me charged to put more practice into my putting game.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1)  Ryan,  Easton, PA

2)  Put on the carpet across the living room into plastic solo cups, and also use blast motion sensor.

3)  Don't own any putting mats but have used some cheap ones in the past.

4)  Slow or Medium.

1. Michael. Louisiana. 
  2. I used carpet/rugs or try to make it to a course because they are open year round in louisiana. 
  3. Not much experience. Only ever used the mats at stores which isn’t the best. 
  4. Medium
Edited by shmohawk
  1. Tom, North Mankato, MN
  2. Practice putting on carpet and just swinging putter in general to remember my grip and technique
  3. I have a very cheap roll up putting mat which I try to use but it's terrible because it doesn't lay flat and has creases and quality is like cheap grass rug
  4. I would like to test the medium speed if possible.

Nick - Brownstown, MI

Winter putting is basically non existent around here. The carpets in my house are much too thick and the rest are hardwood floors. 

I'm 35 and probably haven't used a mat since I was a teenager living at my parents. I had one of those uphill plug in to the wall and it shoots the ball back out to you, you know what I'm talking about. 

If I were to purchase a birdie ball may I would choose the medium speed option. 

Thanks

1. Cary - Palm Harbor, FL
  2. Living in Florida, there is no winter/off season, so I can practice anywhere.  I tend to practice on my carpet, but also spend time at the range.
  3. I've owned a few putting matts over the years. They tend to be a problem with handling.  Rolling and unrolling causes wear.  Also there is always a rut that forms and can be annoying.   I am looking for a good weather tolerant mat to put on my lanai and practice.
  4. Slow - 9- 10 Stimpmeter - Public Municipal

CST2112

1. Carson, Chicago, Illinois
  2. Pre -2020 I didn't practice putting in the winter,  but I just purchased a Birdie Ball Putting Green during Covid and it keeps me sharp! 
  3. Been an owner of one for 2 months and love using mine! It makes "golfing" in a large city more possible!  (My review of the putting mat I purchased https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDPLSCCR9kc&t=6s)  
  4. I would do the slow 9-10 stimpmeter version. ( I already have a medium speed mat and would love to compare the difference in feel from one to the other) 

1. Robert - Bentonville, AR
  2. Lots of carpet putting and gate drills/distance drills
  3. I’ve gotten one from academy but it doesn’t flatten out all the way no matter what I do, so it’s constantly playing a break. 
  4. Medium or Fast stimp as I play on both, course depending. 

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

On 9/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

1) Mike, Tulsa OK

2) I have a small 6-8 ft by maybe 3 ft flat putting green from Golf Galaxy in my office. I putt on it daily during the week.

3) Most are rumpled and none feel like a real green

4) Probably Medium since I’m at a private club, but Fast would work also. 

Edited by Gopokes14

Cart :Clicgear: model 8 with Alphard E Wheels

All clubs standard length/lie

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST  8.5 Alta 55 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G400 13.5 Alta 65 stiff

3 hybrid: :ping-small: G400 19 Alta 70 stiff

Irons 4-GW: :callaway-small: Apex UST Recoil 65 stiff 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Apex pw 45.7, gw 50.11  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS and E12 Speed

On 9/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1) Sean - Rochester, NY

2) I have a PuttOut pressure putt trainer and a Wellputt 16' mat.

3) I've used a generic putting mat as well as 2 different Wellputt mats.

4) either the medium speed (10-11 stimp) or the championship ( 11-13 stimp ). 

Tim Hinueber, 63 Years Old, 7 Handicap

Living Room Carpet (not shag thank goodness) EVERY DAY 

Purchased Perfect Practice Putting Mat 9.6 Feet for all three of my kids, unfortunately they all have their own places so I don't get to use often

Interested in testing Medium 10-11.  I play on 8-10 different courses during the summer months with greens from very fast to a bit shaggy.

I practice at the course and in my barn house golf building. I would love to try something new. I have played golf over 50 years....still going. Pick me to try your produc. It will get a workout.t

1. Ryan from Bend, OR

2. Putting on the carpet here in the winter is the only option.

3. We had a birdieball at the office where I worked several years ago. Have used the Skilz 3 hole mat and roll back mat at friends houses.

4. Probably go medium. We usually open at a 9/10 and don't get north of 11 until we're several months into the season. 

Steve, Phoenix AZ

I roll putts on the carpet in my office 3-4 days a week. I also get (2) 15-30min putting sessions at the course each week. 

I have putted on a handful of different mats in the past but I haven’t found anything that felt authentic. Also, I’ve been burned by inferior product that, once it arrived, would never lay flat. 

I would be interested in testing the medium or slow speed option. 

If selected, I’d be willing to purchase the contour shims separately because I’m very interested in experimenting with different breaks, etc. 

Good luck to all...

On 9/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

1. Tim; Charlotte, NC

2. I purchased a PuttOUT mat this past winter and used it quite frequently. I was also able to use practice greens at a couple of the courses I play due to a mild winter. 

3. I’ve really enjoyed the PuttOUT mat, I just get frustrated with the pressure trainer because the ball never stays in the hole. 

4. either slow or fast; I’ll typically play either super slow public greens or country clubs with friends that extremely fast