TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

Heath/ Edmond OK

I have an 8 hallway rug I found at Ross that I use.  At one end of it I place a Putt Out. 

I have never owned a putting mat. 

After looking at the speed I would love to test the medium speed.  My municipal courses usually run pretty fast. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR or a :srixon-small: Z-Star

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Kaz - Prescott, AZ

Course putting green.  

I did have a practice putting Matt many years ago, unfortunately it was on the patio and the weather got the best of it.

We have 2 public courses & the greens are different for each course.  This putting green would certainly give me an advantage to practice for each course.

Gerard, I live in Spanish Fork UT.

I have an old piece of artificial turf that was part of my indoor putting green in a golf center I owned (SImply Golf, Orem UT)

I have had an indoor putting green and also have an artificial green in my back yard. I have tried several different brands working with elite juniors and professionals. I have been around the game for over 30 years as a coach and player, I feel I could give a good review of the product. 

Medium 10-11 stimp

1. Justin - San Antonio, TX
  2. On good days, I go down to the course and putt.  I also have a Putt Out that sits in my home office for practice throughout the day.  
  3. I only have the Putt Out mat.  I had one of those cheap ones with the plastic tray many years ago and it never lay flat, so I didn’t practice much with that.  
  4. Slow or medium would be great!
  1. Tim, Roseville, 
  2. I don’t 
  3. Narrow, boring, unrealistic rolls
  4. Medium

Reside in Roseville, California

Driver: Cobra F9 - Hzrdus Black X-stiff

3-Wood: Mizuno ST190 3wd Fuji Atmos X-Stiff

Fairway: Ping G400 2H 17 Deg, Stock Ping shaft X-stiff

Irons: 4-7 Wilson C300 Forged, DG X100, 2 deg flat (NEW)

Irons: 8- gap Wilson FG V6, DG X100 2 deg flat (NEW)

Wedge: Titleist SM7 54 deg, 10 bounce, DG X100, 2 deg flat 

Wedge: Titleist SM7 58 deg, 8 bounce, 2 deg flat, DG X100

Wedge: Wilson FG PMP 62 deg, 07 bounce, KBS X-Stiff, 2 deg flat

Flat Stick: Taylor Made Sider X, copper 

1) Taichi Onishi, las vegas nevada

2) Truthfully, I dont do anything besides play golf once a week.

3) never owned a putting Matt.  I have used my friends puttout matt.

4) classic, 8ft, medium speed, 3 flags, 2 side A 1 side B, and U bumpers.

1. First Name and Location Danny, Austin Texas
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? I have a standard putting mat that rolls the ball back from “perfect practice”
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats, they’re ok but I never know if they’re straight 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test either the beer pong one of the putt up
On 9/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to

1.  Josh Aurora, IL

2. Old foam putting mat and return that was my grandpas before he passed.

3.  Have only tested current mats at Golf Galaxy, so not much experience on them.

4.  I'd be interested in slow as I have a harder time with slow greens, but prob would prefer medium.

Blake B  - Akron, OH, USA

I don't typically keep my putting sharp in the winter. I don't have a putting mat and its usually pretty snowy during winter. Sometimes I will put in my living room on my carpet.

Little experience from friends putting mats, but they seem to be non-realistic to actual putting greens

I would like to try the Medium Speed green

Chan - Chicago
Use skillz putting mat in the office in conjunction with blast motion
the mat doesn’t stay flat so not the most accurate 
medium

have skillz practice putting mat setup in my office. I use it daily with blast motion but it is frustrating because it doesn’t stay flat and has a small left to right break when I’m looking to practice straight putts. I would love the opportunity to test this out and give you detailed feedback on this product.

Edited by Ckang116
Update

Matt from Green Cove Springs, FL

Living in Florida, can access my local course putting green to practice during winter. Right now is difficult time to practice putting due to all the rain. Would be ideal to practice indoors.

Used a few mats, but a while ago. Use indoor artificial green at my club builder as well.

Medium speed would be great

Matt, Illinois - first time poster and brand new to MyGolfSpy

I played college golf back in the day but due to family, work, etc. I have taken almost a decade off.  Committed to getting back to scratch or better by next year so have been working on putting at home and the course.  Over the winter I'll be fiddling with all the practice aids I've bought recently (which didn't exist the last time I really competed).

My wife has taken up golf in the last 3 months so I've convinced her to take up part of our living room to set up a 12 foot dream green in our living room (which when not being used has turned into a play area for our kids).  I've had it since high school and it has 6 variable break positions with 4 settings each.

I'd be interested in testing the PuttUp as I think it'd be great to also be able to work on lag putts during the winter here when we will be covered in snow.  Medium or Fast would probably be the best for what I'm hoping to achieve in the next year.

IMG_5744.jpg

:honma: TR20 9.5° Project X Hazardus Yellow 6.0 60 gram

:titelist-small: 904 15° Fujikura Speeder X-Flex

:ping-small: i3 Blade 3-W Dynamic Gold X-100

:titelist-small: Vokey Spin Milled 50°, 54°, 58° Project X 6.0

:taylormade-small: Spider X

:titelist-small:  Pro v1

Otis - Houston, TX area

Have an old felt mat that goes uphill into a flexible plastic ramp, which effectively makes the hole bigger because it sags in the middle. 

That mat is what I currently use. 

I’d choose medium speed. Would also be able to get feedback from the rest of the family. 

1. Bill Dallas, TX
  2. I still play a lot in the winter (3-4 times/week). Also have a WellPutt Putting matt at home. 13 ft.
  3. I have a 13 ft WellPutt putting matt. Really like it but do have some minor issues with the ball rolling straight after a lot of putts. Seems to form a low spot
  4. Medium or Fast