TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. Ryan, Lincolnton, NC

2. I’m lucky enough to be able to play year round!

3. I’ve never used a putting mat, always practice on my living room carpet but it’s a bit slow.

4. I would go for the medium speed.

Thanks for the opportunity guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. First Name and Location:  Kent / Havertown, PA
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?  Indoor putting mat
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats  I currently use a Big Moss putting mat
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test  Medium - 10-11 Stimpmeter - Private Course
  1. Bart Annapolis, MD
  2. In the previous years I had done nothing to stay sharp over the winter.
  3. This spring I bought a small putting mat, and unfortunately it quickly developed a wear groove that rendered it useless.
  4. medium please.

John

I practice at 2 different courses near me. I have tried a previous putting mat and found the roll to be untrue. I have done previous reviews of balls for another company and keep my stats so I can see if I am improving. I would prefer a medium speed as this should most closely replicate the greens I play on.

Thank you for the opportunity.

1. Dave; QuartzHill, CA
  2. Last year I tried a putting mat without much success; too lumpy, inconsistent and cheaply made. Then I tried using a heavy felt material from a fabric store in my garage, which wasn’t great either.
  3. See above comments. I have Never used anything as good or reputable as a Birdieball green, so I view my past experiences as bad and wasted time.
  4. I would test the 10’x 4’ FAST 
Edited by pgfree33

Current Bag....

Titleist 913 D3 8.5* Stiff

Mizuno F60 4FW

Titleist 818 3Hyb XS

Honma TW747 4Hyb XS

Mizuno MP32s, 5-PW, TTDGS100

Titleist SM6 50, 54, 60 Wedges

TA Impact #2 

Matt from Wisconsin.

I have a putting mat from costco and optishot in the basement and  putting cups in the office. Try to practice 3-4 times a week

They are far better then carpet but until they are worn in or forced flat they tend to curI would want to try medium, private: 10-11stimp speed.

1. Scott, Allentown PA
  2. Do not do much, have an old small roll out putting ramp
  3. Putting carpet I got a while ago...narrow and about 20 feet long
  4. Medium speed would be great

Thank you for the opportunity

1. Elisse, Landgraff, WV
  2. I would like to keep my putting sharp through the winter- actually I'd like to be able to make my putting better all year 'round!
  3. My only past experience with putting mats as been at the range, and when my mom (who is a GREAT golfer at 98...) and I played indoor golf, what seems like a million years ago!
  4. I would like a Slow seed green, as I usually play municipal courses, such as Black Wolf Links, our course here in McDowell County. 
  5. I do have a blog (We Live In The Country!: www.southernwestvirginia.blogspot.com ) and I'd be happy to write about it there, too!

1. First Name and Location

Russ, Woodinville, WA

2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?

Indoor carpet, course practice greens.  

3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats

I have had a few, but the quality has been poor and they were narrow strips that didn’t setup or store well — essentially more trouble then they were worth. 

4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Fast. Home course greens tend to roll fast with a lot of movement. 

1. Jack, Birmingham, MI

2. I practice on the course whenever possible but when I don’t have access to a car I’ll putt on my carpet at home

3. I have used putting mats in the past but I was much younger (~13) than now (19). I have always gone to my local municipal course’s green to practice but that has gotten much harder since leaving for college.

4. I’d want to practice on a medium speed mat to be able to practice my stroke without having to worry about babying the golf ball. The focus is more on stroke than speed for myself right now

1. Columbus, OH

2. I have a tour links 10 foot wishbone (does not put like real turf). Roll a couole hundred puts a night.

3. Use tour links now. It has followed me through high school, college, and the military and is a pain to move.

4. Championship green speed please 

1. Brandon and Fort Worth TX
  2. I keep my putting sharp through the winter by trying to get to the course when weather permits and I bought a skilz putting mat to try and help.
  3. The only thing I own is a skilz and it is honestly horrible. but I had tested the perfect practice mat that my friend has and it was much nicer. I also sneak over to the super nice golf galaxy which has a SAM and awesome putting area.
  4. and I would want to test the Medium - 10 - 11 Stimpmeter - Private Course

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 4H, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90X

UDI:titelist-small: U500 2i, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X

Wedges: :ping-small: Glide Forged, DG TI S400, 52/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Clete, Hendersonville NC

I am a new member at a club, so hope to putt there often. But have an old birdieball three hole 15'  mat that was given to me three years ago.

As I said I have an old birdieball matt. Fifteen feet three holes. The mat tends to veer to the left, I try to roll the mat opposite each time in hopes it will flatten.

Fast  11-13

1. Alex // Lawrenceville, GA
  2. I grind it out in the cold at my club or at my house on a thin rug
  3. I've only used a cheap mat with the plug in ball return (shameful, I know)
  4. Fast - typically 11.5+ stimpmeter

Terry, Moore, OK

I typically putt on the carpet. 

I have a cheap putting green strip - it's awful, thus the reason I putt on carpet.

I would like to test the slow.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

1. First Name and Location - Tony, Kiawah Island, 4.0 index
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? We actually play year-round, so I practice putting at one of our 5 courses
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - Putting mat speed was not the same as the green speed at the courses I played at, so mats were limited to working on alignment for me
  4. Medium mat would be great
Edited by Tony/Kiawah
updated information
  1. Tim in Louisville, KY
  2. Putt to a glass on its side on carpet
  3. Big fan. Noticed better results than putting on carpet
  4. Medium 10-11. Average speed, will be able to adjust based once stroke is dialed in.