TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

1.  Eric Alpena, Mi
  2. I use a WellPutt putting mat
  3. I have had my WellPutt putting mat for 2 years and while I like my putting mat I feel like I am just doing the same thing over and over.  There isn't much variety to what I can do with it, I have even added a PuttOut trainer to it and still feel the same.
  4. I would like to test the Medium speed putting mat

Ping G400 LST 10* - Rogue silver 110

Callaway Rogue 15* - Even Flow Blue

Callaway Apex 18* & 23*  Kuro Kage

Ping i500 (reg spec) Steelfiber 110CW

Ping i210 6-UW Steelfiber 110CW

Ping Glide 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold X100 SoftStepped

Ping Nome TR

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

RJ / Wood River, IL

Use to practice on cheap turf from lowes with sitting a coffee mug on the mat, now I go to the course and practice on their putting greens

I have no experience with real putting mats

Would love to practice on the medium speed mat

1. Stephen Hoffman.  Milwaukee, Wisconsin
  2. Have a basic 9 foot putting mat with gravity return
  3. As stated above - owned for 3 years
  4. Medium 10-11 on stimpmeter
  1. Chris, New Bern North Carolina
  2. Carpet or if I really want to test myself, the hardwood floor.  
  3. In the past they have been suspect at best, uneven breaks, inconstant speeds and they never hold up well.
  4. Medium - (10-11)

Hit'em straight and not too often!!!

1. James , Rockwall, TX
  2. In-door putting mat and out to the golf course
  3. Currently using the SKLZ Accelerator Pro Portable Putting Mat / Putter
  4. Speed: Medium

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 6-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - , 56, 60, Mizuno S18 Black - 50default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpgdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

Currently Testing:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Ken/Northwood NH

Use indoor putting mat and carpet to practice during the long stretches without golf over the winter. 

I have had a couple mats over the years, cheapies to work on stroke. 

I would like to try the slow as I play mostly public courses. 

Thank you. 

On 9/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Eric in Pittsburgh, PA

I have a piece of astroturf now that I use in the basement year round

Until the astroturf now, I either putted on carpet or waited until I was able to get to a practice green

I'm most interested in the Fast turf option

On 9/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

1- Mike/ Northbrook,IL

2 - indoor putting mat

3 - generally too slow and not representative of real green rollout. 
4 - medium 

1) Bob from Lansing, MI - My two teenage kids would use it also as they play HS golf

2)  We putt on the carpet or try to use one of the mats we have purchased in the past.  Got to indoor putting greens where available.

3)  I have purchased a couple different mats in the past but they are not realistic at all, they crease easy and even if you roll them up nice it is hard to get them flat at all and it is more like putt putt than real golf.

4) As we play mainly decent public courses, I would like to test the Medium Speed Mat.

Edited by Harjayray

1. Justin, from San Diego CA.

2. Being from SD, winter doesn’t have too much of an effect. But owning a company (Nu Wave Outdoor) that installs artificial turf putting greens, we get to try a ton of different set ups. So trying out our installs, playing and putting on carpet is how I try to stay sharp.

3. I have had bad experiences with putting Mats (wrinkly, and not true) but our installs incorporate the latest materials in artificial turf technology, so it would be really cool to compare the two.

4. I’d like to try the ultra outdoor set up. Super interested in checking out this new product.

Todd    Appleton, WI

During the long winters, I use a roll-up putting matt (8' long), carpet, and wood floor.

Bought a practice putting mat from a local golf store. Once the creases flatten out, it is ok. But, it is fairly lightweight so the carpet or floor underneath needs to be flat in order to have true putts.

I would like to test the medium speed

Edited by DarboyWI1312
incomplete response
  1. Jim , Waverly Ohio
  2. Putting mat, capto
  3. have a indoor and outdoor unit
  4. 10 -11 8ft width, 3 holes, bumpers if allowed.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Noah Mott in Kansas City.  One of the main reasons I would like one at the house is cause I have a Sophomore SON who is trying to get better and with the nasty winters in the Midwest it is nearly impossible to practice.  Also have a 5 year old DAUGHTER that I'm trying to introduce to golf and this would be amazing for both kids.  

Currently just using the little bit of carpet that we have in the house.

Have never used a putting mat before.

Fast/championship speed mat

Thank you!

1. Brad Jones, Lake Quivira, KS

2. try to putt in my basement- I have the Puttout setup

3. Puttout is my first experience with putting  mats

4. I can provide detailed analysis on the "Fast - 11 - 13 Stimpmeter - Championship Course"

Happy to answer any additional questions.

Tim/ Morrisville, NC

Mostly carpet. Pretty regularly while on calls.

Had a few that I'd roll up, always wanted a more improved version. 

The 4x8 foot, medium with 3 cups would be terrific to practice on. You can pick the number of cups if it helps with feedback. 

1. Blake, Seattle area.
  2. I don't! Currently looking for options.
  3. I've used putting mats in my company's office, but that has been closed for a while now.
  4. I'd prefer the "Slow - 9- 10 Stimpmeter - Public Municipal," but would be happy with any.

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 12.0

Woods: TaylorMade SLDR 3-Wood

Irons: PXG 0211 4i-Gap Wedge

Wedges: Vokey SM1 56 / Nike SV 60

Putter: Cleveland Frontline Elevado 33"

Scott - Pacific, Missouri

Currently use a 3-hole putting mat in my basement

I have used a few mats in the past as well as the mats in Golf Galaxy, Dicks, and other pro shops.

Medium speed mat

Interested to see how reviews of this compare to the ExPutt system. Will be following along with these reviews for sure!

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03 w/ GolfPride Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV