TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,555 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. Erik / Centennial, CO (Denver)
  2. Winter practice is usually at a course or not at all.
  3. Okay, have a very cheap one off amazon that is hard to keep flat and is constantly changing.
  4. Medium Speed

Jordan- Grosse Pointe, MI
I try to stay sharp by putting around the house as much as I can. Putting completions with my kids
Ive tried a few different cheap putting mats.
I would test the medium speed.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Cobra F9 Speedback 9¬į¬†default_cobra-small.jpg.634f41dc1b8ea120e1aae121bd8f10ef.jpg

Woods- Sub70 Pro 5-Wood   08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Utility- Titleist 718 T-MB 4 Utility  default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg

Irons- Sub70 699 5-GW  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Wedges- Sub70 Forged Black 54¬į 58¬į¬†¬†08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Putter- PING Heppler Tomcat 14 34"  default_ping-small.jpg.69d8e0343843830069d58004a5aeb3e8.jpg

Ball- Titleist ProV1x ( High Number) default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg  Snell MTB-X (High Number) snell.png.b6a3039f6a1d861464f6a8e8b7f6a838.png

default_cleveland-small.jpg

1. Matt - Midland, MI

2. I've used a putting mat in the past...my dog at the time ate it! Otherwise on carpet.

3. I've used the SKLZ putting mat

4. Medium speed

Driver:¬† ¬†:callaway-small:¬†Epic Flash Sub Zero, 10.5¬į, EvenFlow Black¬†65, 6.0

Woods:¬† ¬†¬†:titelist-small:¬†915F, 15¬į, Aldila Rogue Black 80, Stiff

Hybrids:¬†¬†:ping-small:¬†G400, 17¬į & 19¬į, Ping Tour 85, Stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: G400, 5-GW PS, True Temper Dynamic Gold, S300

Wedges:¬† ¬†:ping-small:¬†Glide 2.0 Stealth, 52¬į & 58¬į, True Temper Dynamic Gold, S300

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Toulon Design, Las Vegas H7 Stroke Lab

Bag:      :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5 LS 14-Way Stand Bag

Cart:     :Clicgear: 3.5+

Ball:     :titelist-small: Pro V1

1. Greenville, SC

2. I have a 15 foot indoor putting map.  I formally used an Eyeline mirror but now just use the Eyeline Putting Rail.  I use the Puttout on short putts and a velcro cup on longer putts.

3. Unfortunately, I have used a bunch of mats.  Some tore up, others didn't roll well.  The best mat I have had so far was the WellPutt.  It had an untimely accident with some kids in the house, and now I use a cheap mat to get me through.  I was considering the Putt Out mat before I saw this.

4.I would like to test the fast mat.  It is more representative of the courses I play.  

Columbus, OH

my rugs, mostly an indoor/out rug in the garage

found a putting green at a garage sale, had a foam back. used once and then donated to salvation army

medium speed.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:titelist-small:                          980F 3 Wood

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

Upswing                   60* wedge

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Phillip - Atwater, Ca

Every morning I practice putting on my 10 stimp putting mat for 15 minutes. Then I move to the garage and putt on my green carpet that is faster, to work distance control. On the weekends or rare weekdays ill make my way to my local course and practice putting on the practice green. On the practice green I put 3 balls down at 3 feet and putt until I've made ten consecutive putts then I move to 4 feet and so on until I reach 6 feet. Once complete I work on distance control on both uphill and downhill putts at 10 feet and greater lengths. 

I've owned an interchangeable putting mat from Sports Authority for the last 8 years. It is a 10 stimp mat and its 1/8"" thick. I can only practice putts between 1 foot to 6 feet at the max on that mat. I've tried everything I can think of under the mat to put break into it. I've put Frisbees, tees, socks, flip flops, marbles, plates, pans and various caps and lifs to try and get different breaks out of it. Some were successes and some were failures. Also for some puts my feet were on the mat and for others they were off it. Ive worked in a pro shop that had a putting station. It was an old school wooden platform putting green that was about 18" wide and 10' long. Great for straight putts but thats about it. 

I would like the 11-13 stimp fast birdieball putting mat

Epic Flash Sub Zero 9¬į

Ping Stretch 3 wood

TM Gapr 3Mid

TM Gapr 4 HI

PXG 0311t Gen 1 5-GW

Mizuno 54¬į 58¬į¬†

Scotty Cameron Newport

On 9/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Ken in Austin, TX
  2. Practice on carpet at home when I can't get to the course
  3. I've had the cheap putting mats with the electronic returns, but not it a long time.
  4. Medium, 10-11 stimpmeter or even 11-13

PXG clubs and Ping putter

1) Zach in Oakland, CA

2) California winters means still usually practice at a putting green at one of my local courses but in a pinch I use my carpet

3) Previously bought a 3'x12' Birdieball mat in 2018 but ended up returning it for partial refund because the one I received was very flimsy and didn't hold up well on carpet

4) Would love to test it out and see if the product has improved since my previous experience, preferably a medium speed

Taylormade Sim 9* Driver Oban Kiyoshi 60g Shaft

Taylormade M3 15* 3 Wood / Taylormade Sim Max 19* Hybrid 

4i-PW+48*- Titleist T200 standard length bent 1*up and 1*weak, XS DG105 shafts

54* S-Grind Vokey SM8 / 60* D-Grind Vokey SM8

Scotty Cameron Select Roundback 34"

RH/Oakland, CA/4.6 hdcp

1. First Name and Location - Harrison - Fullerton CA
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? Practice on the bedroom carpet with a red solo cup
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats: Had an old putting green on a slope mat as a kid, but never tried anything modern. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test: Medium! 
  1. First Name and Location: Matt - Los Angeles
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? As almost all of the putting greens around have been shut due to COVID, it's a LOT of carpet-putting and then hoping-and-praying on the course. Not ideal.
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats.¬†My dad had one that was...not great. Granted, most things in the 80s were "not great" ūüėČ I'm interested to see where the tech has come - especially since this is so highly rated.¬†¬†
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test. Slow 9-10 Stimp. Though...I'm excited for the day I'm playing ALL private courses, lol.

Driver - :cleveland-small: HiBore, ProForce V2 shaft (stiff, 67g)
3/5 Wood - 
Hybrid - 
Irons (4-PW) - :taylormade-small:- SIM Max, Nippon Modus Tour 105 Stiff
Wedges (52, 56, 60) - Texan Classics (very cheap, don't suck)
Putter - :cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #1
Ball - Cut Grey

information:

1. Vinnie Pennsylvania
  2. It's a struggle in rural Pa I try to putt on the carpet but it's not the same. I have absolutely no facility to golf In the winter. It's a bummer I lose a lot of feel. I did buy a putting matt this year to hopefully stay sharp, but I'm disappointed in it so far
  3. I have a champkey putting matt that I have to play a constant break in. Im 100 percent positive that it's the Mat's fault which doesn't help my confidence. 
  4. I'd go with medium with a single hole 
On 9/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Tony    Westminster, Md.

At home on carpet

None

Medium 

1. Trey Marrion / Chesapeake, Va
  2. Bundle up and brave the weather.   Unfortunately the sun goes down early so practice time is limited.  Goal is to play on a D1 college team
  3. Putt on either hardwood floor or a small carpet and pretend.
  4. Medium speed

Thank you.

Metro Detroit 

I have a felt mat that I have been practicing with this summer, but it is very sensitive to what it is sitting on (patio/carpet/etc). I practice my putting 3-5 times per week at home and then before I play at the course on weekends. Hoping to be able to keep practicing through Michigan’s winter months.

I play mostly public courses, so I’d probably try the slow speed  

86E4459C-E64E-4F7B-B8F6-0A8AE7870FCE.jpeg