TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

Criston Klotz

I play all year long

I've had two mats:  a $25 cheapo that wouldn't lay flat or roll straight and an $85 dollar 'better' mat that rolls better but still will not lie flat.

Fast

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. First Name and Location - Reese, Central Minnesota
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? - Currently I do not really have a good practice option for practicing in the winter. The only short carpet I have is like the punched greens haha. 
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - I personally do not have much experience with putting mats but the ones that I have used are very unrealistic. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test - I would want to test the medium green speed because I play on all types of greens. Thanks for this opportunity! I am confident that I could give you a very good review if you were to pick me. 

Driver: SIM Max

3 Wood: Taylormade M1

4 Hybrid: Callaway Apex

5-P: Callaway Apex Pro

50,54,58 Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6

Putter: Odyssey Seven S Mini Strokelab

1. Evan, Herndon, VA
2. Occasional indoor putting mat at Golftec
3. No experience with putting mats
4. I would prefer a Medium speed mat

Driver:          Callaway_sm.jpg.213d9a9cfe284d5a45614599053e20d9.jpg  Rogue 9.0° with Synergy 50R 45" Shaft

Wood:          Callaway_sm.jpg.213d9a9cfe284d5a45614599053e20d9.jpg Epic Flash Heavenwood 20° with Project X Even Flow Green 65 Graphite (R)

Hybrids:         TaylorMade_sm.jpg.76c4784f360f4462bcc70f09d8552398.jpg  M4 4H/5H with KBS85R

Irons:             TaylorMade_sm.jpg.76c4784f360f4462bcc70f09d8552398.jpg  M4 6-P with KBS85R

Wedges:       TaylorMade_sm.jpg.76c4784f360f4462bcc70f09d8552398.jpg  M4 Attack Wedge 49.0° with KBS85R

Cleveland_sm.jpg.96b0eeec6fddc7b2cb9fd9804403bdb4.jpg  54°/12° & 58°/10°  w/Stock Steel Shaft

Putter:          Odyssey-Golf-Logo.jpg.8a3c6f89da01f152037dd26a2f2f3fc9.jpg Stroke Lab Seven S Putter 34" w/ FlatCatLogo_SM.jpg.e34dd3045e21d5279edb9a980dc0ade1.jpg Fat grip

Ball:             OnCore_sm.jpg.8ff76bfd7175d78b4b44fd8ff637227d.jpgElixir

Rangefinder:  Nikon_SM_1.jpg.8013a87a176b8338a5fd24191474c272.jpg Coolshot 80vr

Bag:                 Bennington Clip Lock 15 Slot Nova Stand 

1. Brian - Rexburg, Idaho
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? I built an addition on my house with a 23'x13' room that with 4 cups placed in the surface - a country club artificial turf with a 4' 2" drop for putts with break.  For the muni course in my area, i would guess the stimp of the room is about 1 too fast.
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - I have used the typical 8' 3 hole mats, and my above mentioned room with the artificial turf.
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test.  When I built my room, I was tempted to use the birdie ball surface for the entire room, but where is was a foam product I was nervous about the longevity of the product.  I'd be very much interested in trying the slow speed, which should approximate my muni course 9-10 stimp perfectly.

Thanks!  Brian

I'm lucky I use the practice green at my home course Willow Brook GC and because I live in Florida I use it year round. But I would like the ability to practice at home when I don't have time to drive to the course. 

Larry Winston

OTR driver

1. Scott / New York
  2. I try to put on a mat but it's not a great set up.
  3. I have tried a few but I never felt they were close to putting on a green
  4. Medium Speed
Edited by Scoot24

Driver: Taylor Made SLDR

Irons: Taylor Made RSi2 4-PW

Hybrids: Adams Tight Lies 3 and 5

Putter: Taylor Made Spyder

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 50, 56, 60

1. Mike / Pittsburgh, PA

2. I putt on a mat in my basement 

3. I have the SKLZ Accelerator which is nice and helps groove my stroke, but I've been looking to upgrade. Been looking at birdie ball, big moss, perfect practice and wellputt mats. I have the room for a decent size mat, I just can't decide!

4. I'd like to try the slow speed, as I place it on top of laminate or vinyl flooring, and that always makes my current mat seem to run faster

Edited by rooster
typo

Reid Schroeder, Des Moines Iowa

How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? 

Putting games with friends!

Current/Past Experience with putting mats - 

I have a fanmat putting mat in my own home with a stimp of 11. Also used a few at my friend's places, most are home depots putting turf.

Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test.  

Medium speed

1. Rick, Sunny San Diego, California

2. We can play year round here because of good weather and little rain so practice is still on the course

3. My experience is limited to practicing on carpet or the course. This would be a first and I'm currently considering switching putters to a mallet.

4. Fast 11-13. I often go back and forth between two public courses, and one of them happens to host the US Open...

Danny - Los Angeles, CA

I have a cheap indoor putting mat in my office and an automatic return cup at home that I use on my rug (rolls about a 9).  On weekends I will go to my local golf courses and spend about as much time on the putting green as I do hitting balls.

I have never used a Birdie Ball mat, but all of the other mats I have tried are inconsistent, have folds or bumps that never come out, and require a very flat surface to sit on.  I have just accepted that it is better than nothing, but far for a reliable way to practice anything other than making good contact on the center of the face.

I would like to test the slow (9-10) putting mat please.  I mostly play muni courses and often struggle with not hitting the put hard enough, or blowing my puts by the hole.

Thanks,

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

Ryan
Livonia, Michigan
I don’t really do much putting in the winter and I know the kids I coach don’t . I will stop at a local shop and mess around a bit.
Most of the putting mats I’ve used are a little small (feet hanging off) and have one hole.
I’d like to try the slow. I’d bring it to school and have my kids practice all winter. Thanks for the opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Bruce

Darien, CT

Carpet during the winter.

No prior experience with a putting mat

Medium speed

:ping-small: G400 Driver 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei Blue CK Pro 60 Stiff

:ping-small: G400 Fwy 16.5* Mitsubishi Tensei Blue CK Pro 70 Stiff

:titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrids 20* & 24* Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 80 Stiff

:titelist-small: TMB Irons 5 - 9 Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff

:titelist-small: Volkey SM-7 Wedges Black 50* & 54*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy PM Grind Black 60*

:cameron-small: Select Newport 34"

Alex - Chicago, IL

I work on the gate drill in winter made famous by Tiger to keep my putting stroke consistent.  I also use an eyeline mirror to ensure my eyes are over the ball and my set up is correct.

I use a 10' mat right now, but want something better to practice longer distances.

I would prefer the 11-13 stimp as that is most similar to the green speeds I consistently play.

Bryan, Indianapolis,IN

Putt on carpet or roll out 10ft. piece of putting mat

I have at least 2 putting mats in the past but neither over time allowed the ball to roll consistently

Medium speed 10-11

Golfnut

Chase, old bridge new jersey

i have a large carpet in my garage this is good for practicing deep putts, i also have a birdie town speed control mat which is good for dialing in speed but doesn’t have any holes on it

the only putting mat i’ve owned is the birdietown speed matt which has helped my game. i’ve also used a friends putting mat a bunch of times when i’m at his house

slow speed would probably be ideal but a medium wouldn’t be bad either

thank you !!

Josh MacLearn - North Yarmouth, ME

putt on the carpets around my house

messed around with a few, had access to a custom green in college and was spoiled, haven’t found a green worth the green 

medium 10-11