TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

Name: Vardes, MI

Normally practice putting: putting green at course.

In winter: putting practice on carpet or on artificial turf from DIY store. Not good.

Need artificial turf similar to real green.

1. First Name and Location - Austin / Huntersville, NC
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? - Indoor practice or freezing my butt off in the winter on an outdoor green, hands tend not to work 
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - minimal. Currently use a putterball mat but it does not roll true whatsoever and is more intended as a yard game. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test - Would love to test the 11/12 stimp speed. Will be quick enough to not have stone hands but not so fast to where it is not realistic for every day play. 

Would absolutely love to test this now that winter is approaching and I am working on deciding between a few different putters to game. Thanks!!

2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Jerry Birmingham, AL

On the carpet

Had an outdoor green at one time

Medium speed

1. Andrew, Philadelphia, PA
  2. TBH, I don't unless I'm able to get out to a course. It's something I've wanted to do for AGES, but never pulled the trigger on an indoor mat
  3. I had a mat about 6-8 years ago, and it was worthless. The speed, grain and overall roll were all over the place. It was bumpy and soured me for finding something that wasn't $500+ that was even halfway decent
  4. Medium speed

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Driver with KBS TD Shaft

:srixon-small: ZF85 3 wood with Raijin Shaft and :benhogan-small: Baffy 5w with Harrison Rifle (old school!) Shaft

Hybrid: searching

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG S300 Shafts with :Arccos: 

:edel-golf-1: Custom Wedges - 48*, 53*, 58* with KBS V Shafts

:seemore-small: Platinum mTRI-Mallet

:bridgestone-small: 2020 Tour BX or B Ball

:cobra-small: Golf Ultralight Bag

Don Westminster, CO

The local course putting green is an 8 minute walk from my house that I will practice on if the snow is melted. I also have a cheap old mat in the basement.

I have a cheap old mat in the basement that doesn't roll that true but suffices.

Medium is what I mostly play although I do have one course I play 20% of the time that has faster greens, so if you need someone to test fast I wouldn't be opposed to that. I actually think practicing on fast is probably better since it will more easily show any faults in contact.

1) Eric Bruhn, Oregon.
2) Only when I get out to the course.
3) Terrible, too many lumps and bumps.
4) 12-13 stimp.

Would love to try something out at home, rough shag carpet is great for small chipping but too slow for putting.
Kitchen tile is too quick.

Edited by EricBruhn
    Matt, Houston,TX
    Perfect Practice Putting Mat, Putting @ cups with friends around the house.
    Sklz & Perfect Putting
    Slow 9-10
  1. First Name and Location - Nick in Philadelphia, PA
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? - I putt on the carpet inside towards a coffee mug.
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - I have owned various cheap/noname roll out "single lane" mats, but nothing any better than the carpet.
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test - Either medium or fast
  1. Brian Houston, TX
  2. I putt at my club's practice greens.  Winter isn't too much of an issue for me playing in Texas/ 
  3. I am in the market for a putting mat. I have had the best successes with mats that have alignment aides. 
  4. Medium 10-11, Private course
2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Aaron Patterson, Phoenix, AZ

I live in AZ , so even in winter do most of my practicing on grass at course putting greens (would LOVE an in-home option for nights and while watching golf on TV)

I have yet to be really impressed by a simple putting mat, but my dad had an artificial green at his house for years that I got to use. Willing to be impressed.

Medium 10-11

Andrew/ Concord, NC

I try to practice at our course's practice greens and the one outside my home as much as possible.  I work through drills that many golfers use.

Not much experience with many putting mats.  I don't find them realistic to course conditions and hard to judge if my putting is improving.

I'd hope to test the medium speed putting mat.

Thanks

1. Kenji, Chula Vista CA
  2. Putt on carpet with Putt Out
  3. I like the ones in the stores, but always wondered about the speed
  4. Private Course - I feel like the greens here are always fast

Cory, Dover Ohio

I plan to use my current putting mat over the winter to keep me from depression and to get better.

I currently have a PuttOUT mat and the PuttOUT. I have limited experience with but have use a few others at friends or an indoor facility.

I would want to test slow speed as I rarely play anything faster.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

1. Daniel, Rochester, NY
  2. Home putting strokes over carpet, with or without a ball
  3. Have used the little Callaway mat which didn't feel very realistic
  4. Would like to test medium speed and definitely interested in the contour shims included 

Eric - Bloomington, IL

I have a cheap Amazon mat I use in the cold winter months here.  It's been destroyed somewhat by my young boys over the past 2 years, but still gets some roll on!

I play a lot of municipal courses here in town, so I could do slow or medium.  It all depends on weather in central IL...hot dry summer means fast greens, but wet spring or fall they are slow!

Thanks for the opportunity.

• Driver:  Callaway Rogue HZDRUS Smoke 60 Stiff
  • 3 Wood:  Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 HL
  • Hybrid:  Titleist 816H
  • Irons:  Titleist AP1 714s 4-AW, and 52* wedge
  • Wedge: Cleveland RTX3 56*
  • Putter: Oddessy Tank 7

i would like to be a tester

i practice putting at the golf course

1. First Name and Location. Mark Anisman Yountville CA
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? putting green at the course
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats. none
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test. medium

Mark Anisman

Mark