TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,556 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Our Sponsors

1. Zachary Nickens, San Antonio Texas
  2. I have been working remotely for 2 years now, so I have a dedicated home office. I practice putting for stroke and consistency in my office on carpet. I've had some cheaper putting matts in the past, but they arent too much better than putting on carpet except for speed and line consistency imo. 
  3. the putting matts ive used dont have the with/against grain capability, so whatever speed it rolls is what it rolls and its just a faster version of putting on carpet. 
  4. I play a mix of private and public courses here in South Texas, but its normally super dry, so most greens are fast here. I'd prefer a stimpeter 10-11 private speed mat.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. Chris Chapin, Cape Cod, MA

2. Currently practice on an Oriental Rug using Putt Out

3. Have had cheap, narrow roll up mat in the past...hated it!

4. Would go for the Medium, 10-11 Stimpmeter Model

Richard in Duluth GA. 

i use our area rug or drive to a nearby semi-private club when weather permits. It would be nice to not leave the house, as I am 69.

Have used many at stores, like Dick’s, and indoor/outdoor carpet in my basement. Have wanted a mat for a long time, since I have been play for over 55 years.

if I could choose, I would choose the fast green as the courses I play are mostly fast.

Eric - Bloomington, IL

I have a cheap Amazon mat I use in the cold winter months here.  It's been destroyed somewhat by my young boys over the past 2 years, but still gets some roll on!

I play a lot of municipal courses here in town, so I could do slow or medium.  It all depends on weather in central IL...hot dry summer means fast greens, but wet spring or fall they are slow!

Thanks for the opportunity.

• Driver:  Callaway Rogue HZDRUS Smoke 60 Stiff
  • 3 Wood:  Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 HL
  • Hybrid:  Titleist 816H
  • Irons:  Titleist AP1 714s 4-AW, and 52* wedge
  • Wedge: Cleveland RTX3 56*
  • Putter: Oddessy Tank 7

i would like to be a tester

i practice putting at the golf course

1. First Name and Location. Mark Anisman Yountville CA
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? putting green at the course
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats. none
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test. medium

Mark Anisman

Mark

1. John, Ventura, CA
  2. Try to go to the practice green by my house after work as often as possible.  Recently bought a puttout mat and cup 
  3. Currently own a Puttout mat and cup, been using for the last four months.
  4. 10-11 Stimp speed

Jonathan, Atlanta GA

I practice out at bobby jones around the corner from me in Atlanta.

Never owned a legit putting carpet but have tried friends ones. Never trusted one until I found mygolfspy.

Medium 10-11

Edited by Parraj4

Driver/3-wood: Ping G410 LST

Irons: G410 Power Spec w/ Project X 6.0

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 w/ Project X LZ

Putter: Nicklaus from a trash can years ago w/ a regrip (will only let myself buy a new one when I break 80🙃)

Justin Rivet

Nashua, NH

I practice at home a lot. Right now I use a putt out mat on the carpet. It slows the speed of the mat down really bad. I would love to become a tester for a birdie ball mat. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. 
I would love to test the fast/ championship course mat  in any of the flag configurations.

thanks,

Justin

Edited by Jriv24
Forgot my name and location
  1. Adam seaford, ny
  2.  Tempo drills inside
  3. No experience with putting mats
  4. Slow - 9- 10 Stimpmeter - Public Municipal

callaway rogue pw-4, +1/2 long 1/2 flat...stiff flex. Sm6 50*06, sm5 56*14, sm5 60*07...taylormade gapr lo 3 stiff set to about a 2 iron loft.

im currently in the market for a driver stiff flex

right habded

long island, Ny

roughly 27 handicap

20191026_175155.jpg

20161007_160632.jpg

20161007_094834.jpg

Scott, Tempe, Arizona

Being in AZ the winter time is spent at the course using their practice greens.

None besides carpet and those old school aluminum holes that would flip up and catch the ball.

Medium - 10 - 11 Stimpmeter - Private Course. 

Cobra F9 Tour Length 

Taylormade Mini Driver 13.5

Taylormade UDI 

Cobra Forge TEC Irons

Vokey Wedges

Ping Anser 2

1. Philip, Dallas, TX

2. Go to the golf course near my house to practice (less than a mile away)

3. Never owned a putting mat before

4. Would like to try the Slow (9-10) speed

I would like to be a tester.  I practice putting all the time both on the carpet and at the course.  I am always interested in a putting practice tool that replicates conditions on the course.  I have yet to find one and have tried most of them

Ty

Denver, CO

My practice consists of in course practicing and then putting on rugs. Just recently (because the rugs are a little uneven) I put together a metal yard stick and glued an eyeline setup mirror at one end. Works better than putting on a rug.  I had a cheap mat a couple years ago but it wore out and when I rolled it up, it ended up never flattening again.  

60% on course (during spring, summer, fall)

40% on yard stick, rug (100% when the winter comes)

Fast 11-13

thank you!!

Ty

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

Tom, Rockwall, TX 

I’ll either putt on the carpet or a roll up mat during the winter.  I love to hate my putt out for putting practice, but have no experience with a high quality mat.  

I play on what I consider to be fast greens quite often (Tightly cut mini verde at my home course).  Based on the information on birdieball.com, I‘d likely prefer the medium or fast speed.  I’d probably order fast based on what I’ve read, as that’s likely close to tournament pace at my course.  

Thank you!