TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

STUDque

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,560 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

Chuck / Hinckley Ohio

Only practice in Winter is trip south to Naples Florida 1 or 2 times a winter and my club has indoor putting contests 

I have used a putting mat in friends basement that has a indoor simulator

I would like to try medium or fast with any flag configuration

1. Brian California
  2. I use the puttout trainer and my 5 year old sons city carpet on the garage floor 
  3.  my dad had a putting mat for a while. then he got smart and put in a putting green in the back yard
  4. 8ft, Medium roll ( cause that is as close to a private course as I am going to get) 3 flags  on side B

Rob - Wake Forest, NC

I have a putting green setup in my office.  The biggest challenge is keeping the dog fur off of it!

The experience overall with my setup is good but is limited to one putt and often gets a groove created in the mat that makes putting easier over time.  The other thing is my feet are slightly lower than the surface of the mat which makes a difference in the length of the putter, etc.

I play really fast greens so the fast speed would be best to test

My bag is a revolving door!

1. Brian, Michigan
  2. basement carpet and putting on skytrak sim rounds in the garage
  3. Really like the Synlawn Precision Putt roll/feel/quality, but I use chunks of that for replacing my homemade hitting mat, so my stock is running low!
  4. Slow.. courses I play tend to be on the hairy side

1. First Name and Location

Ed - Portland, OR

2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?

Use a "standard" roll up putting mat in my basement and try to play/practice as much as time/weather allows.

3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats

My putting mat is useful (better to do something than nothing), but it's getting a little worn from use by myself and my cat.  I made very good use of the mat when trying to rid myself of the yips a few years ago.

4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test

Definitely the SLOW version with holes on opposite ends for down/into grain putts.  Only get to play on fast greens in the PNW a handful of times per year.

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6s
Tour Edge EX9 Long 15 deg - Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
Tour Edge EX9 Tour 18 deg - Diamana Blue 70s
TaylorMade M1 19 deg - KuroKage Hy 80s
Titleist 818 25 deg - Diamana Blue Hy 82s
Taylormade P790 6-AW - TT Dynamic Gold 105 stiff
S-Yard Bold 52
Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 ATV
Bettinardi BB55 Counterbalance

1. Bert from Baltimore, MD

2. In the winter I Pitt in my basement on carpet  

3.  I have used Callaway putting green but it was cheap and not very true when putting  

4.  I would like to test the medium speed putting mat.  I would also ply the fast speed if you need anyone to test that speed.  My country club has fast greens, faster than municipales courses  

Jay Alexander Dallas Texas.

I use a older golf mat on occasion (and during the winter) but usually at the driving range is where I work on putting. 

Ive got an older ball return mat that I’m not even sure where it’s from.  Haven’t had great experiences with mats for putting so I haven’t tried to find another. 

Medium for turf speed please. 

1. Henry and Austin, TX
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?: Carpet
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats: Not a fan of putting mats with an upward ramp. Not very life like if you ask me. And some times when unrolling a mat out of its product packaging, there tends to be folds in the material which leave to untrue rolls.
  4. Because I tend to only play Muni courses, I think the slow speed mat would be most comparable to what I play on. But I do like the idea of being able to brush the mat to change the grain of the mat to practice on a faster speed.

In my  :callaway-small: 2018 Org14 Cart Bag I have:

:callaway-small: Custom Big Bertha 2014 10.5°, Mitsubishi Rayon FUBUKI zt 60-R

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Fairway 3W 15° & 5W 18°, Project X Even Flow 65-R

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid 20° (-1° set to 19°), Fujikura Speeder 865 R

:callaway-small: 2019 Big Bertha 4-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil ZT9 460 Graphite

:callaway-small: 2019 PM Grind Tour Grey 56/14, JAWS MD5 52/10

:odyssey-small: 330M Metal X Milled, weighted steel shaft, cut down to 30 inches, GP Tour SNSR grip/Triple Track DoubleWide, Stroke Lab 32in shaft, Oversized Grip

:callaway-small: Chrome Soft Yellow, Triple Track, Truvis or Supersoft

1. Ray Jackson Lantana, Texas
  2. Practice on the carpet at home in the golf room (12 yr old son hopefully starting on road to college golf) and at Club practice green. 
  3. Past experience is only with a very basic cheap putting strip one foot wide and 8 feet long. 
  4. Medium (Private course) speed would work as me and my son play on club and public courses setup for junior tournaments. 

Thanks for the offer. 

Charles  Massachusetts

Practice on an artificial mat.  It looks similar to indoor/outdoor carpet with a rubber backing.

The speed of the above mentioned mat I cannot verify, but the feel is faster than the greens that I play on (Muni)

I would like to test one of the medium speed variants.

1. Terry, Atlanta, GA
  2. Golf is year round in Georgia - weather permitting. As a result, I can't practice putting as much.
  3. My past experience with mats has been with cheaper foam mats and a machine at the end to spit the ball back. It loowed me to practice my stroke, but not slope or speed, by any means.
  4. If selected, I would like the Medium speed as I play a variety of course from private to public

Thanks for this opportunity!

• Taylormade SIM2 8° Fujikura Ventus Blue with VeloCore 6-R
  • TaylorMade M5 15° Project X HZRDUS Red 75 6.0
  • Callaway Big Bertha 19° KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
  • Srixon 4-AW Nippon Modus 3 105 R
  • Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
  • Sub70 Mi-Mallet Sycamore 002 35"
  • Titleist Pro V1x
  • Arccos Gen 3 sensors

1. Derek, OH
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? It’s difficult in Ohio but I putt on my carpet to practice hitting the center of the putter face. There isn’t a good spot to keep my speed in good form. It normally takes me 2-3 rounds to get it back. 
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats? None really other than the location Dicks Sporting Goods. I’ve recently been looking into putting mats to work on my speeds and aim alignment. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test (Medium - 10 - 11 Stimpmeter)

1. John, Greenville SC

2.  Carpet in bonus room. Carpet rolls better and faster than my local greens so I have trouble putting on the green after practice putting in my bonus room.   

3.  Received a small mat for Christmas one year but it was too small. 

4.  Medium 10-11. A realistic indoor putting mat would a great tool in colder months, I know I would use it. 

Edited by OverTheMiddle

1. Cory, Fife, WA
  2. Normally do not touch a putter in the winter
  3. Recently picked up a second hand, homemade putting green similar to what you might find at an indoor putt-putt course. Not much time put on it yet, but so far really only good for practicing the putting stroke and not good for speed.
  4. Medium speed green would be best

Joe / Anaheim, CA US

I try to practice before a round but that rarely happens.  Would be great to keep it at my business since I have a net setup already 😉

Never owned a practice green

I think the medium should be fine.

Thanks

Joe

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST200 

3 Wood: :mizuno-small: JPX 850 

Hybrid: :mizuno-small: JPX 850

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour 4-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM7 50/54/58

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro 2 Ball

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS

Luke, Madison WI USA

In season I practice at the club, in the offseason, basement carpet with an auto ball returner.

Never owned a putting mat, but had one at the office.    

Championship speed,  11-13 SM, willing to test any configuration.  It’s the area of my game where I need the most help. 

Edited by Luke Houser