TESTERS ANNOUNCED! BirdieBall Putting Mat

(6) TESTERS WANTED BirdieBall Putting Mat  

1,560 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you practice your putting?

• I don't
    • Carpet
    • Putting Green at the course
    • Turf Setup

1. Shaun, Naples, FL
  2. I use a putting mat or practice at the course. I currently split time (due to the pandemic) between Naples and NYC, but am usually in NYC, so the putting mat is all I can really do in NYC
  3. Currently have a generic one, but am looking to upgrade to one similar to the one you are offering
  4. Medium (10-11) or Fast (11-13)

Thanks,

Shaun

Edited by Alts92
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The testers of the BirdieBall PuttUp mats are: @LeftyHawk @Chip Strokes @WaffleHouseTour @Manimal26 @EasyPutter @txgolfjunkie

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Not to make this all personal, but since I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I've got first hand knowledge of just how valuable an indoor putting green can be. Liv

best way to end a FRIYAY!!!!!!

Posted Images

1.  Justin / Northeast Ohio

2.  Wellputt 13' variable speed mat

3. Wellputt, generic indoor/outdoor mats

4. Medium (10-11 Stimpmeter)

:cobra-small:  SpeedZone 9* (HZDRUS Smoke Black 60g 6.0)

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3w+ 12.5* (HZDRUS Smoke Black 70g 6.0)

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5w 17* (HZDRUS Smoke Black 70g 6.0)

:adams-small:  Pro mini 20* (Aldila Tour ATX85H-2.8-S)

:srixon-small: U85 4i 23* (Project X 6.0 Rifle)

:ping-small: I3+ Blades (5-PW)

:callaway-small: JAWS MD5 (52/10S, 56/8C, 60/12W)

:odyssey-small: White Hot XG Rossie

:srixon-small: Z-Star:Snell: MTB-X

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nx7 Pro Slope

1. First Name and Location Mohit / Dallas, TX
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? Putt on carpet at home. 
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats poor experiences with mats that either have too much padding/bunch up after a few times taking them out and putting them away. Or I've had the flip side where it's like putting on hard wood and doesn't help at all. 
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test medium is closest to the way the greens roll in TX during the season. 

1. Ben, Livonia, Michigan

2. I either pray for a warm winter with no snow or use a hallway runner rug in my basement.

3. someone made a DIY one at work and I've played with different ones at various golf shops.

4. I would test either a slow (muni) or a fast (championship), but I'm open to  any speed green.  

Driver- Cobra Speedzone

Hyrbrid- Cobra Speedzone (3)

Irons- Callaway Apex 4-9, Titleist AP2 6-9

Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy CB 50, PM Grind  58, 64, Vokey SM8 52, 56

Tim, Carterville, MO

Mainly put at home on carpet or on cheap putting mat in the garage.

Have only ever bought the ones that are $50 or under and I feel like the carpet is closer to the correct feel than these are.

I would like to try the slow speed because I really only ever play municipal courses with my son and wife. I think this might be a good teaching tool for my son and wife just learning how to play.

Playing same length irons and loving them

1. Scott / Germantown Hills, IL
  2. I haven't been able to practice during the winter. Too cold/snowy to go outdoors and haven't had access to a good putting mat.
  3. No real experience with mats. Have messed around on the carpet from time to time. With new house, have room in the basement for a better setup.
  4. Medium speed.

1. Paul from Anaheim, CA

2. In the winter I use my carpet in my room and throw a cup on the other side as a hole.

3. The only putting “mat” I’ve ever had was a small piece of leftover turf from where my dad works. It’s safe to say it didn’t really do the job. 
4. I’d like to try the slow 9-10 stimpmeter green

Driver - Taylormade Burner

3 Wood - Taylormade Burner

3-SW - Callaway X-22

50 and 58 degree - Titleist Vokey SM7

Putter - Ping Anser with superstroke

1. Nashville ,TN

2. Mostly carpet practice in the winter, I was planning on buying a birdie ball practice mat this winter since it was #1 on the MGS best of series. It sounds as though it has the truest roll, but maybe not as durable as some. Would love to test it out. I drive to my closest course to practice putting, but this would be a perfect after dark and bad weather practice green. I'm a very thorough product reviewer on major purchases, smartphones and tech as well as golf equipment. 

3. Not too much experience on artificial putting greens other than the various ones in golf retail stores, and mini golf. Up to this point have been a carpet putter indoors. 

4. Medium Speed.

3 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(6) TESTERS WANTED: BIRDIEBALL PUTTING MAT

bg2020_indoormat_birdieball_std-05.jpg

The biggest knock on artificial putting greens is that they don't roll like real putting greens. BirdieBall believes it's cracked the code. Using a proprietary foam material, it claimed status as MyGolfSpy's  "Best Putting Mat 2020."

Given the state of the world, it seems everyone is adding something to the "at home" practice arsenal, so here's your chance to keep sharp while locked down.

This opportunity is available to current forum members residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. First Name and Location Toddn Kent wa
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?          9 foot mat
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats                     they dont lie flat,speed is way different,
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test fastest one they have

3 of us.png

1. Greg, Idaho
  2. I haven’t found a good solution yet.
  3. Tried a cheap o putting mat, it was garbage.
  4. Medium speed.

Thank you for the opportunity!

Titleist 714 AP2 4-GW

Vokey wedges 55* 60*

Taylormade Sim Max 3 hybrid

Taylormade Sim Max Driver 9.0 Stiff 

Titleist Pro V1x 

Damon, Dallas Ft. Worth Metroplex
I usually stay sharp by practicing at my local practice facility when the weather permits, otherwise I putt at home, everyday.
I have been using the Well Putt Start to ensure I keep the ball started on line and its helped immensely.
I would like to try the Birdie Ball Medium Green Speed

Driver: Mizuno ST190G
Fairway: Mizuno ST190 TS
Hybrid: Mizuno CLK
Irons: Mizuno MP-18, MC 4-5, MB 6-PW
Wedges: SCOR 4161, 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X

1.  Roger in Rapid City, SD - Studying mechanical engineering and playing D2 golf.

2.  Practice over the long winter on very bumpy artificial turf and the school gym floor.

3.  Have practiced on numerous mats of varying speeds and types.

4.  Would like to practice on the championship speed mat. 

1. Dave - Stamford, CT
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter? - I use a cheap putting mat that my wife got me from Marshalls
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats - Current one is very cheap but gets the job done. I dont like having to putt up an incline though.
  4. I would like to test the Slow - 9- 10 Stimpmeter - Public Municipal

DE

1. First Name and Location Toddn Kent wa
  2. How do you keep your putting sharp through the winter?          9 foot mat
  3. Current/Past Experience with putting mats                     they dont lie flat,speed is way different,
  4. Go to www.birdieball.com and tell us which speed green you'd want to test fastest one they have

3 of us.png