Super Hybrid Mini Review

Our Sponsors

... Update after round #3. The Super Hybrid continues to be very impressive. On a tight driving hole I hit it 230 and set me up for a birdie. I do not hit hybrids 230 but the extra shaft length combined with a hot face makes this club "Super" playable. On a par 5 I had 225 and hit it thru the green as it is slightly downhill but very pleased with the shot. And I also proved it holds no magic when I had a slight downhill lie on another par 5 and hit it just a hair fat, on the toe and it produced a weak low 180 yd slice.  🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

1 hour ago, BlueBama said:

Hey Sam (This is Nat). Great review. I’ve hit the super hybrid and agree - it is a special club. Adams had a similar hybrid/FW hybrid years ago, but this feels hotter. 

... Hey Nat, welcome aboard! You will love it here. I actually replaced my Adams LS with the Super Hybrid. For me it is a little hotter and the shaft is 1" longer so I have gained quite a bit of distance. Every now and then the LS was silly long too but the SH is just another level. 

• Like 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

• 2 weeks later...

Great feedback. I never checked into the specs (because of the price tag) to see the shaft is a bit longer. My 17 degree hybrid is a Cobra Baffler Rail-H from 2011 and I rolled it onto the front edge of a green 240 off the tee yesterday. I've been thinking about 16 degree hybrids (Srixon, PING) to see if there is anymore distance I could squeeze out of that spot in my bag, but a 1" longer 17 degree would accomplish the same goal with added club and ball speed. 

Just not sure if I am ready to let go of my favourite club, even as it approaches 10 years old. But as the SH get older and show up at the used stores and websites it is definitely on my short list as a sweeper of the ball.  

• Like 1

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 5-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:taylormade-small: TP Berwick