Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Lengthen Stroke Lab Shaft

I haven't attempted to mess with one, but I know the shaft has a weight epoxied in the shaft on the butt end.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I haven't attempted to mess with one, but I know the shaft has a weight epoxied in the shaft on the butt end.

I think it depends on which grip. I have heard of some not having a weight.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

I think it depends on which grip. I have heard of some not having a weight.

That is true. I believe the standard stock Odyssey grips have a 30 or 40 gram weight in the butt of the shaft, but if you ordered from Odyssey with a heavier grip, it may not have the butt weight.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I have the TT #10. The weight under my original grip was not epoxied, it popped right out. I  replaced it with a larger Super Stroke grip with a heavier counter core weight. The butt end of the shaft should just be measured and a the correct size extension put in. My only concern might would be the lie angle change (probably greater risk pending how much extension you add) and if that affects anything for you (i.e your setup position, ball coming off the face/directional, etc). 

the weights I have pulled from the stroke lab are longer than an inch. If you extend the shaft you may not be able to put the weight back in. 

Taking out the weight is pretty straight forward. A little bit of heat to the weight and just ever so slightly around the shaft area (I mean just a little) 

The adhesive will let go and you can remove the weight. 

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I've been down this road and although it can be done, it's not the easiest procedure if you want to keep the stock weight.  You can fairly easily get out the backweight once you take off the grip by heating the weight for a brief time with a micro torch (you don't need to heat the shaft itself, just the weight so that it heats from the inside) and grab the lip of the weight with some pliers and gently pull it out.  It can take a few sessions of heating but it'll come out.

As others have mentioned, if you extend the shaft using an extension, the weight may not fit all the way in due to it being longer than 1".  You can extend the putter slightly longer if you want and just have some shaft above your hands if you want to go that route which is the way counterbalanced putters used to be made anyway.

If you want to keep it just 1" over stock length then you can install the extension and use one of the Tour Lock counterweights that matches the weight of the stock weight (stock weight is 30-40g).  Keep in mind that the stock Odyssey grip only weighs approx. 65-75g so if you replace it with a much heavier putter grip, you may not have to add any back-weight.  The goal is to try and match approx. 100g total between the grip and back weight.  If your grip is already over 100g then you are all set with just the grip.

My bag is a revolving door!

On 9/19/2020 at 1:35 AM, aerospace_ray said:

I have the TT #10. The weight under my original grip was not epoxied, it popped right out. I  replaced it with a larger Super Stroke grip with a heavier counter core weight. The butt end of the shaft should just be measured and a the correct size extension put in. My only concern might would be the lie angle change (probably greater risk pending how much extension you add) and if that affects anything for you (i.e your setup position, ball coming off the face/directional, etc). 

Did you have a normal grip initially or an oversized? I'm weirdly anal about checking the loft/lie on my putter, so I always respect when someone makes that a point. Appreciate it!

10 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

I've been down this road and although it can be done, it's not the easiest procedure if you want to keep the stock weight.  You can fairly easily get out the backweight once you take off the grip by heating the weight for a brief time with a micro torch (you don't need to heat the shaft itself, just the weight so that it heats from the inside) and grab the lip of the weight with some pliers and gently pull it out.  It can take a few sessions of heating but it'll come out.

As others have mentioned, if you extend the shaft using an extension, the weight may not fit all the way in due to it being longer than 1".  You can extend the putter slightly longer if you want and just have some shaft above your hands if you want to go that route which is the way counterbalanced putters used to be made anyway.

If you want to keep it just 1" over stock length then you can install the extension and use one of the Tour Lock counterweights that matches the weight of the stock weight (stock weight is 30-40g).  Keep in mind that the stock Odyssey grip only weighs approx. 65-75g so if you replace it with a much heavier putter grip, you may not have to add any back-weight.  The goal is to try and match approx. 100g total between the grip and back weight.  If your grip is already over 100g then you are all set with just the grip.

The putter came with an oversized grip on it from the manufacturer. I'm guessing it still has a counterweight in it, though, since it's marketed that way unless I'm missing something. I think I really just need to pop the grip off and open it up. Appreciate the step-by-step and the link! 

Did you have a normal grip initially or an oversized? I'm weirdly anal about checking the loft/lie on my putter, so I always respect when someone makes that a point. Appreciate it!
Stock Odyssey TT Oversize (Blue in color)grip. Bought club brand new.

https://www.odysseygolf.com/triple-track/putters-2020-triple-track-ten-slant.html

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, aerospace_ray said:

https://www.odysseygolf.com/triple-track/putters-2020-triple-track-ten-slant.html

Much appreciated. Got a couple of rounds to play this week and then I'll have a few days to mess with it. Great putter though, isn't it? Smooth roll, great weight balance...nevermind the dummy swinging it!!

You will have to pull the grip to find out with the increased weight if the oversized grip there may not be a weight in the shaft.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I had a Stability Shaft installed by BGT in my Stroke Lab Ten putter.  Seemed very light so I added a SuperStroke Traxion Pistol GT 2.0 grip with the 50 gram countercore weight.  The GT does not come with a weight but I added the weight from an old CounterCore Slim grip I had.  Overall putter weight was close to original weight.  Works well.  Feels completely different from original Stroke Lab configuration.

I know I’m late to the party, but if you like the way it swings, I would strongly suggest having it swingweighted and lie angle checked before you cut the grip off and start modifying. Then have the counterweight weighed when it’s removed. This way you have some hard data to reference when you start figuring out extension length and grip weight to achieve the same swingweight. Then have it bent (if need be) to achieve the proper lie angle. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

“I should of yelled Two!”

Driver: PXG 0811x Gen 4 / Tour AD TP6s

3W: PXG 0341x Gen 1 / Tour AD TP6s

3HY: :taylormade-small: GAPR / KBS Stiff

4-PW: :taylormade-small: P770 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2”

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2” 50-09, 54-11, 60-10

Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport 35

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

Cart: Clicgear 4.0

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump for an answer - does anyone know the color code that fits?  I just ordered a Triple Track double wide from CPO and want to order the extension ahead of arrival of the putter.

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie). Callaway Apex Smoke 4-AW 1" long 3* upright Regular graphite shafts

b. Driver specs (loft/flex). Titleist TiS1 Senior Flex

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed). Right handed

d. Where You Live Jefferson, GA

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score. 18.6 index

f. Putter - Too many to list! But all are fitted with FlatCat grip.

don't sweat the colors, there is a regular and oversize model that works just fine 

https://www.golfworks.com/graphite-shaft-extensions/p/gse/

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.