TESTERS WANTED! ×

12 year Masters Loser here

MadMex

OK fellow “Spies” who else had their dream broken today? 12th time for me,,,,,,, 

CEC1971B-2127-4D8B-B615-990153C85868.jpeg

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

I got my rejection email a couple of days ago.   Got selected in 2010,  but I have been sending in applications for much longer than 12 years.   I remember back when you had to mail in your application via snail mail. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 hours ago, MadMex said:

OK fellow “Spies” who else had their dream broken today? 12th time for me,,,,,,, 

You are amongst company... LOTS and LOTS of company 😁.  I have decided that attending The Masters is no longer on my bucket list.  Not only are the odds of getting tickets crazy low but the costs have become too high (unless you live in the area).  When my Dad was still alive, back in the mid 90's, we talked about going and would have but never got selected. That's ok, it always been my favorite event to watch on TV.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

I got my rejection email a couple of days ago.   Got selected in 2010,  but I have been sending in applications for much longer than 12 years.   I remember back when you had to mail in your application via snail mail. 

I remember when you could walk up and buy a ticket at the window. Things have changed!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

24 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

You are amongst company... LOTS and LOTS of company 😁.  I have decided that attending The Masters is no longer on my bucket list.  Not only are the odds of getting tickets crazy low but the costs have become too high (unless you live in the area).  When my Dad was still alive, back in the mid 90's, we talked about going and would have but never got selected. That's ok, it always been my favorite event to watch on TV.

Thanks !!!! 😆Funny thing is about 4 years ago, the wife could care less, then 3 years ago the golf bug hit her HARD now SHE WANTS to go in a bad way! Even talked a couple of family members into applying every year. 

One of my coworkers went to it back in 90's as a kid, family still lives in the area, he said the can't stand it during the week due to the idiots, seems as soon as they leave the course, their moronic attitude returns, littering and rudeness.

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

47 minutes ago, MadMex said:

Thanks !!!! 😆Funny thing is about 4 years ago, the wife could care less, then 3 years ago the golf bug hit her HARD now SHE WANTS to go in a bad way! Even talked a couple of family members into applying every year. 

One of my coworkers went to it back in 90's as a kid, family still lives in the area, he said the can't stand it during the week due to the idiots, seems as soon as they leave the course, their moronic attitude returns, littering and rudeness.

It is possible to go.  When I went in 2010,  there were tons of people buying and selling tickets on the roads on the way to the course.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, GaDawg said:

I remember when you could walk up and buy a ticket at the window. Things have changed!

I went quite a lot back then, you could get within touching distance of the players and they would autograph items for you.  I have never won lottery tickets to a practice round but I have been to several practice rounds since the lottery started.  Also since the lottery started I have been to the actual tournament than I have to any practice rounds, but my friend who I used to get the tickets from has passed away and I don't get to go anymore.  It is truly an experience like no other IMO.

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

My MIL got her rejection today.  I haven't gotten one yet.

350.png

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Ditto

Won the lottery ten years ago but nothing since. Hasn’t stopped me from going though. Found a good ticket broker I’ve used repeatedly. But it’d be nice to win again and save that dough for, oh I don’t know... a new set of clubs, annual dues for my golf club...

Until this year of course.  On tv there seem to be a few contingents of fans peering over the bushes and fence line. Can’t see that happening in August

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Both myself and buddy got our rejections as well.. its becoming a time honored tradition

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

On 9/19/2020 at 7:50 PM, GaDawg said:

I can remember way back in the day you could get them from the GCSAA. My old man being a club pro and former tour player knew people and could get them.  But remember this was in the late 60s early mid 70s. We went all the time. Last time I went I am thinking around 90 or so and I got those tickets through a friend who was a GCSAA member. LOL I remember my old man asking my bud what was the first thing I did when I got into the gate? My bud told him hit the concession stand for 2 Pimento Cheese Sandwiches and a Coca Cola

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I can remember way back in the day you could get them from the GCSAA. My old man being a club pro and former tour player knew people and could get them.  But remember this was in the late 60s early mid 70s. We went all the time. Last time I went I am thinking around 90 or so and I got those tickets through a friend who was a GCSAA member. LOL I remember my old man asking my bud what was the first thing I did when I got into the gate? My bud told him hit the concession stand for 2 Pimento Cheese Sandwiches and a Coca Cola

Those egg salad sandwiches are no joke either, they are great.  I usually have one of each, pimento cheese and egg salad. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I remember my old man asking my bud what was the first thing I did when I got into the gate? My bud told him hit the concession stand for 2 Pimento Cheese Sandwiches and a Coca Cola

Make a bee-line for the 12th tee to get seats.  Send one guy in the group to the concession stand for pimento cheese sandwiches and beers.  Breakfast of champions.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I was lucky enough to go a couple times over the last few of years. I enjoyed the practice rounds better than the weekend. The players are personable during practice but its all business and no eye contact on the tournament days. I know its their job. 

The course is just unbelievable. The turf is amazing under your feet as you walk across the faiway.  The food is great and cheap.  But after going a few times I enjoy watching on television now. On course you hear a roar and have no clue what happened untill you get to a leader board. You aren't allowed smart phones so you cant check that way either. So I wound up  recording it on the DVR and watched what I missed when I got home. But at least I got the chance to have the experiance.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I was also unlucky for about 15 years.....finally got practice round tickets!  Rainy week....no patrons that day.....still hurts.  

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

A part of me was holding hope. I turn 40 next May and a Masters trip would have been an incredible gift. 

Unfortunately, we all know what happened. 

In Jim Nantz’ voice: “The annual rejection letter is a tradition unlike any other.”

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I was fortunate enough to get practice round tickets through the lottery system in 2004, 2006, 2009, and 2011.  I also got Saturday tickets for the final round of the Women's Amateur.

It's a frustrating process but a process everyone can get through with the right amount of luck.  I'm sure they get millions of applicants every year.

I went in 1989, thanks to a Corp Sales VP where I worked, but I haven’t had a chance since playing the lottery. I applied to go to the ANWA thinking there would be less demand, rejected for that too. But I’ll keep trying for both tournaments. Having been once, you can’t fully appreciate The Masters and the course without having the experience in person. Seeing it on TV is great, but not a substitute for being there.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

5 hours ago, Middler said:

I went in 1989, thanks for a Corp Sales VP, but I haven’t had a chance since playing the lottery. I applied to go to the ANWA thinking there would be less demand, rejected for that too. But I’ll keep trying for both tournaments. Having been once, you can’t fully appreciate The Masters and the course without having the experience in person. Seeing it on TV is great, but not a substitute for being there.

I will agree there is nothing like it in person. I guess as lucky as I have been in the past to attend I can relate to it when I watch on TV. And I am also lucky we have a local company that makes a Pimento Cheese that is darn near what is at the Masters. It is called Palmetto Pimento. Of course I get a tub Masters week

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

5 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I will agree there is nothing like it in person. I guess as lucky as I have been in the past to attend I can relate to it when I watch on TV. And I am also lucky we have a local company that makes a Pimento Cheese that is darn near what is at the Masters. It is called Palmetto Pimento. Of course I get a tub Masters week

I certainly agree with that, I know what the contours look like in person now after having been there, but you can't fully appreciate it just watching on TV IMO. The year I went the condition of the course and all the landscaping everywhere was stunning - I told my wife it was/is the DisneyLand of golf, and I've played on Pinehurst, Muirfield Village, Cog Hill and La Costa.The atmosphere just adds to it all. To the guy who mentioned attending The Masters in person was on his bucket list - I wouldn't give up on that. I'd pay scalpers prices to attend in person at least once. YMMV

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I still haven't gotten a rejection email, but I just logged in to my account and was greeted with my rejection.  Oh well.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

The following applied trying to help me out:

Sister-in-law= Rejected

My mother= Rejected

Neighbor= Rejected

Guess am done until next year,,,,,,,,,,,,,

16 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Now that's ironic. I want nothing to do with Pimento cheese sandwich's. But when the Masters coming I'm on the lookout. Every one talked about it so the first time I went to the Masters, I was hooked. But only that week!  🥪 😃  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

My tickets for the 2020 Tuesday practice round was pushed to 2021. I would believe most patrons selected for the 2020 Masters chose to have the tickets honored for the 2021 Masters. That said I was never selected prior to 2020 and have been applying every year since the Masters Tournament committee started the practice round and tournament proper lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

On 9/19/2020 at 4:15 AM, MadMex said:

Same here, but I have hope and will keep applying for it.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg