Hitting Mats - Fiberbuilt vs True Strike vs Country Club Elite

Our Sponsors

So MGS members, who among you has tried all three?  Thoughts, experiences and recommendations would be appreciated.

I can’t believe there isn’t an official MGS review out there, and if I’ve missed it please point me in the right direction. 

Been on a hunt for the best mat. Want to avoid the bouncing fat shot that comes off fine... Also want to protect the old wrists and elbows.  Want to hit irons and also use my own tee (or a real tee like solution) for my driver.  These three seem like the top of the line. Different solutions to hit down on the ball and avoid bouncing into it. But of course there isn’t a golf mat showroom out there so I can’t do a comparison. Before dropping what is likely to be close to $1,000 or more I thought I’d see if any of you have been able to do any side by side comparisons. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I have the CC Elite Real Feel mat, and I have no complaints.  Fat shots are not rewarded.  I do believe it's helped me improve ball striking.  

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I have the CC Elite Real Feel mat, and I have no complaints.  Fat shots are not rewarded.  I do believe it's helped me improve ball striking.  

Can I ask some more about the CCE?  Does it really hold a tee?  Any idea how tall the fibers are?  Do you think you really hit down and thru the pile?

can I ask what you have it laying on for a base?  The fiberbuilt and true strike both have composite bases. I think it’d need to build something (no biggie) underneath this. 

can I ask what size you have?

sorry for all the questions. And thank you in advance. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)