Simple fix to many problems..O/B

EEZurg

Maybe I'm missing something....but why aren't there more Out of Bounds stakes/rules?  Too many pros seem to drive it in the stands or other unplayable places knowing they will get a favorable drop (some even admit to the reasoning).  The "wall" was abused at the LPGA ANA event, truly and obviously affecting the result.  Why hit a good shot when you can hit a no brainer to a place where the drop rules will benefit you greatly.  Define some boundaries and make players make shots.  We deal with O/B....far more than "the best"  

Been bugging me a while...vent over.

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

Maybe I'm missing something....but why aren't there more Out of Bounds stakes/rules?  Too many pros seem to drive it in the stands or other unplayable places knowing they will get a favorable drop (some even admit to the reasoning).  The "wall" was abused at the LPGA ANA event, truly and obviously affecting the result.  Why hit a good shot when you can hit a no brainer to a place where the drop rules will benefit you greatly.  Define some boundaries and make players make shots.  We deal with O/B....far more than "the best"  
   Been bugging me a while...vent over.

Id agree especially at the ANA - that blue 'wall' was a ball stopper.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The wall was there because the ANA has had stands there for years.  It's not a new thing.  No fans; no need to erect the corporate seating area, just a wall.  It just looked odd this year.

It's the same issue at other venues where stands for fans encroach on the golf course.  OB markers are there, just further away than we see on a telecast.  Why should the pros be penalized for hitting the ball to the same places we hit it that's not OB when the stands are gone?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The game is played within boundaries......

"Why should the pros be penalized for hitting the ball to the same places we hit it that's not OB when the stands are gone"

They play on different days....we all have to keep it within defined boundaries.

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

45 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The wall was there because the ANA has had stands there for years.  It's not a new thing.  No fans; no need to erect the corporate seating area, just a wall.  It just looked odd this year.

Certainly there are usually stands there on 18.  But considering ANA was really only advertising to the TV audience, that wall could have been virtual, added in by Golf Channel.  I'd have loved to see the water behind the green come into play for the first time in a long time.  That being said, if I were playing that hole with a backboard up and water short, I'd drill it into the wall every time.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 6:50 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

Certainly there are usually stands there on 18.  But considering ANA was really only advertising to the TV audience, that wall could have been virtual, added in by Golf Channel.  I'd have loved to see the water behind the green come into play for the first time in a long time.  That being said, if I were playing that hole with a backboard up and water short, I'd drill it into the wall every time.

I felt like it was some BS when I saw the ANA, but lots of courses have natural features that pay off all the time. My high school course was on an old dairy farm that had these stone walls that could keep a worm burner on the rails, and an old family graveyard between 18 green and 10 tee. Trouble everywhere behind, so people used to just bomb it into the cemetery and take the free drop, eliminating the hazards behind and the sand in front. Just a little 40yd shot from there. Always felt a touch disrespectful, but so are tax loopholes for billionaires. Nothing illegal. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum