Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Golf mat for basement

MikeM77

I want to set up a golf mat, net and simulator in my basement.  I will be hitting off concrete.  I've been reading reviews for mats and I'm having a difficult time deciding which one to pick.  I want it to feel fairly realistic but be cushioned enough so I don't end up with wrist/elbow issues.  The dura pro mats seem to be the most available for under $400.  The country club elite and swingturf golf mat are the two around $500 that I've encountered the most.  Just wondering if anyone has used these types or others and had feedback/recommendations?  Especially if they were hitting off a hard surface.  Thanks!

What ever mat you decide on go to your local Home Depot or  Lowe's and pick up the Gray Anti-Fatigue mat which is a pack of 4 puzzle piece mats which make up a 4 x4 mat you can add on more if your mat is going to be bigger. Place this under your mat for an extra 3/8" cushion. This pack is $20.98 at Lowe's. I put this under mine and works perfectly. Got mine at Lowe's

$20.98

Gray Anti-Fatigue Mat (Common: 4-ft x 4-ft; Actual: 49.21-in x 49.21-in)

Item #295099Model #MB06014
  • Non-toxic and non-smell

• Soft and flexible

• Waterproof and shock absorbent

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

For those that have built out a sim in a basement, what are the dimensions in the space you use? Been trying to figure out if I can do it in mine or if I'm out of luck with this house.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero,10°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3W: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 15°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3H: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 18°, KBS Tour Hybrid 75S

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 - 50°/12F, 54°/14F, 58°/14K

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Special Select Squareback 2, 35"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

• 2 weeks later...

Size of the room depends in part on what technology you are using to track the all flight.  FlightScope sits to the side, so you need less space.  A Mevo+ needs to  8-9 feet behind the ball and then 8 feet of flight between ball and screen/net - so 16 to 18 feet depth minimum.  Then think about ceiling height.... I have an older home w low ceilings so I’m out of luck.  But I’m planning a practice area in my backyard so have been doing much research. There are a couple really good threads in this forum, guys who have documented with pictures.  Can search there, but I’d recommend doing your first bit of research on the trackers, how they work as they are different, and what their requirements are.  They all have some diagrams. 

Also stores like these guys https://topshelfgolf.com/collections/golf-simulators that sell competing brands have required foot print dimensions that will give you a quick idea. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I have an area that is 15 feet long by 11 feet wide with 9 foot ceiling. 

You need about 11 feet from the back of the mat to the screen or net. You really can't have less than a 9 foot ceiling if you want to hit a driver. This could change slightly based on your height. I'm 5'11" so this works for me. If you are only hitting into a net than you could get away with being closer. 

IMG_0489.jpg

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag