Getoffmylawn's Need for Speed, AND LOWER SCORES!

@edingc@BMart519Have you tried anything to better convert this speed to the "course" as it were when hitting a ball. This is my concern right now when doing this winter with no course play in sight. Would love any advice on how get the translation. Would love to be able to play near the no ball speeds (within two miles and hour say)

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review)

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70 g 6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56°  KBS Tour V 110 Stiff | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

44 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

@edingc@BMart519Have you tried anything to better convert this speed to the "course" as it were when hitting a ball. This is my concern right now when doing this winter with no course play in sight. Would love any advice on how get the translation. Would love to be able to play near the no ball speeds (within two miles and hour say)

This is something that I struggle with a lot. It's one thing to hit numbers on SuperSpeed, but it's another to translate them to swinging with a ball. 

I've gotten better at doing this over the past two seasons largely just by improving my swing and getting more confident in it. When I first started SuperSpeed I didn't swing the sticks considerably faster than I do now, but my driver was only around 100 MPH. By working with my swing coach I am closer to 105-108 cruising speed, and I think I can get another 5+ with some more work this winter.

@BMart519 brings up an important point - I think there is a lot of value in going all out with a group of swings not caring about direction and only speed. 

• Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 6.4 / Anti-Cap: 12.1 (Last Updated Oct. 2, 2022)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Club Champion Fitting
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
21° Hybrid: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

Currently Testing: Edel SMS Wedges
WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

15 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Almost embarrassing to admit, but no...all my SuperSpeed training is without a radar or any other type of measuring device.

I know that's a bit sophomoric and even a little hard to explain, but it's been more of a financial thing with the boss if you know what I mean.  (Many of the club purchases I've made lately have been via a local club pro friend and his discount...no such deals on a radar.)

I've heard many say the radar is necessary to stay motivated and see your gains...not a concern for me.  The other argument I hear is that it's necessary to learn how to swing fast, and THAT argument (depressingly) resonates with me.  

It is what it is.  I 'm certain I'm going all out every session, but I have to rely on sporadic simulator time that might come my way in the future to measure overall progress.  Session specific metrics...don't have them.  Sucks.

Another aspect that can be overlooked is temperature and recovery. I am doing my speed work in a garage in Canada. The only heat is from a small heater that blows directly on me. My last week was my slowest this winter (week 6), but it was one of the coldest days and I did almost no warm up other than using my Orange Whip. 

I've experimented playing my driver 3/4" short at 44.5" by choking up and I tied my highest driver speed at the shorter length. So there is a lot of useful information from the monitor and you can see what queues work for you: loose grip, loose wrists/forearms, throw the club back, push lead shoulder back, lift lead heel for bigger turn, etc.

There are many times when I consciously make a longer backswing but the speed feels the exact same. The longer hand path is usually good for 2-3 MPH, the next step is then syncing that up with the lower body sequencing. 

• Like 4

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler hybrids some combo of 2H-5H

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

:ping-small: G700 4i, Glide 2.0 54, 58*

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

13 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Another aspect that can be overlooked is temperature and recovery. I am doing my speed work in a garage in Canada. The only heat is from a small heater that blows directly on me. My last week was my slowest this winter (week 6), but it was one of the coldest days and I did almost no warm up other than using my Orange Whip. 

I've experimented playing my driver 3/4" short at 44.5" by choking up and I tied my highest driver speed at the shorter length. So there is a lot of useful information from the monitor and you can see what queues work for you: loose grip, loose wrists/forearms, throw the club back, push lead shoulder back, lift lead heel for bigger turn, etc.

There are many times when I consciously make a longer backswing but the speed feels the exact same. The longer hand path is usually good for 2-3 MPH, the next step is then syncing that up with the lower body sequencing. 

And that shorting alone with the same SS should net you more yardage as you should be connecting with the center of the face more often. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35"

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer lite

My Reviews:

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

9 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

I do like seeing this feedback it can be helpful to see what is going on, how much do you actually lose on a bit of a shorter swing say. In watching the TXG live stream yesterday I thought Ian brought up a great point that strength training and SuperSpeed like training are one point , but working with a good instructor that gets your sequencing more efficient is also invaluable.

@edingcI agree with the swings focused on speed only. That is my hope to work on in the simulator sessions, since I can't lose a ball 😜 and then later on a range once spring finally rolls along. Back when I could hit into a net I was able to keep the speed off only a couple MPH. Here's hoping this work after not hitting balls for a month or so.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review)

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70 g 6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56°  KBS Tour V 110 Stiff | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Yeah, my SS sessions are first thing in the morning, before the gym, around 4:30.  And, in my garage in Nebraska.  Suffice it to say it's a bit cold, extra layer of clothes, etc.  

• Like 2

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

Solid workout this morning.  SuperSpeed ASD 1, then my B1 workout.

Barbell Curls - 100, reps at 14, 4, 3, 1

Hammer Curls - 55s, reps at 9, 3, 2, 1

Box Jumps - 3 sets of 6

Leg Press Calves - 200, 12 reps

Single-Leg Deadlifts - 50s, 2 sets of 10

Leg Press - 600 for a straight set of 14, 450 for a 20-rep widowmaker

I had more in me for the leg movements, but in the interests of being reasonably fresh for my lesson on Friday I elected to not push it too hard.

I have to admit being almost apprehensive about that lesson.  If everything I'm putting myself through doesn't seem to register in some speed gains it's going to be a real kick to the nads to say the least.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

6 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I have to admit being almost apprehensive about that lesson.  If everything I'm putting myself through doesn't seem to register in some speed gains it's going to be a real kick to the nads to say the least.

Don't beat yourself up, especially if you don't have time to do adequate warm-up at the facility if it is a decent drive away. But if you can get there 10-15 minutes early to loosen up and start taking big cuts, definitely unleash the fury and see what kind of results you can get. 

Once the instructor is making tweaks to technique, the purpose won't be hitting top speed or even "cruising" numbers from your current swing. So manage expectations that numbers will be on the low side especially when you are consciously thinking about new moves. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Don't beat yourself up, especially if you don't have time to do adequate warm-up at the facility if it is a decent drive away. But if you can get there 10-15 minutes early to loosen up and start taking big cuts, definitely unleash the fury and see what kind of results you can get. 

Once the instructor is making tweaks to technique, the purpose won't be hitting top speed or even "cruising" numbers from your current swing. So manage expectations that numbers will be on the low side especially when you are consciously thinking about new moves. 

I appreciate that, and I know you’re right, I just would enjoy the affirmation of seeing some gains on the screen.  I’ve got a good relationship with the coach...I’m hoping to just go through the lesson, and then take a few more bonus swings to release the kraken at the end.

• Like 1

Did a SuperSpeed Level 3, then a purely maintenance workout of one working machine set per muscle group given the GolfTec lesson I had later.  So, that meant...

Machine Chest Press - 180, 12 reps

Machine Shoulder Press - 130, 12 reps

Machine Dips - 250, 14

Machine Pulldown - 170, 9 reps

Wide-Grip Cable Rows - 175, 8 reps

I'll follow up with a little more detail on the lesson later, but suffice it to say I'm a bit frustrated and maybe even disillusioned.  Swing speed was consistently 104-105 across the 9 driver swings I recorded.  That's a 2-3 mph gain but certainly not the "jump" or leap forward I anticipated.

Frankly, it's not consistent with my on-course experience either...I tend to roll my eyes as much as anybody else when I hear this, but I really don't know if I swing as well in an indoor bay versus range or on the course.

Either way, not the numbers I was hoping to see at all.

• Like 1

Despite the kick to the nads this past Friday, I got back after it today.  SuperSpeed Level 3, then my B2 workout:

Preacher Curl - 105, reps at 14, 4, 3, 2

Reverse-Grip EZ Curl - 85, reps at 14, 6, 4, 2

Box Jumps - 3 x 6

Seated Calf Raise - 105, 12 reps

Lying Leg Curl - 130, reps at 12, 5, 4, 2

Squats - 315 for 8 reps, widowmaker at 225 for 18 reps

So I upped the weight on the squat from 275 to 315 and found I should have done that a while ago.

Overall, I have to admit my motivation has taken a bit of a hit.  @BMart519is probably right and I shouldn't have put too many expectations into getting some numbers from a lesson.  The thing I'm really having a hard time getting my head around is why I didn't see the speed gains I was sure I was making, after my on course experience tells me I'm hitting the ball farther than I was before??

10 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Despite the kick to the nads this past Friday, I got back after it today.  SuperSpeed Level 3, then my B2 workout:

Preacher Curl - 105, reps at 14, 4, 3, 2

Reverse-Grip EZ Curl - 85, reps at 14, 6, 4, 2

Box Jumps - 3 x 6

Seated Calf Raise - 105, 12 reps

Lying Leg Curl - 130, reps at 12, 5, 4, 2

Squats - 315 for 8 reps, widowmaker at 225 for 18 reps

So I upped the weight on the squat from 275 to 315 and found I should have done that a while ago.

Overall, I have to admit my motivation has taken a bit of a hit.  @BMart519is probably right and I shouldn't have put too many expectations into getting some numbers from a lesson.  The thing I'm really having a hard time getting my head around is why I didn't see the speed gains I was sure I was making, after my on course experience tells me I'm hitting the ball farther than I was before??

Have you been tracking speed data on a daily or session-by-session basis? It is common to see slow and fast days. The lesson could have been a slow day or you could have been slightly tense. Being loose and whippy with the wrists can be hard to commit to, but Mike Malaska had a good video comparing swinging with a full turn and no wrists or barely turning with an arms only swing and flipping the club at the ball with the wrists. He was getting 80-90% of his top speed with no lower body and just arms/wrist. 

Seeing it on the course is the only place that matters, not the monitor. So that means its working and keep pushing! 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Have you been tracking speed data on a daily or session-by-session basis? It is common to see slow and fast days. The lesson could have been a slow day or you could have been slightly tense. Being loose and whippy with the wrists can be hard to commit to, but Mike Malaska had a good video comparing swinging with a full turn and no wrists or barely turning with an arms only swing and flipping the club at the ball with the wrists. He was getting 80-90% of his top speed with no lower body and just arms/wrist. 

Seeing it on the course is the only place that matters, not the monitor. So that means its working and keep pushing! 

I appreciate the feedback and encouragement, I need it right now.

No, have been unable to track speed on a daily or session-by-session basis, but I'm going to explore ways to find some simulator time in the area to at least get monthly info.

Here's the main feedback and area to target that did come out of the lesson:

IMG_5213.PNG.5377e03a430be83cb336a60cf3e01dc7.PNG

Picture on the left is the good, the right the "bad" and what I need to improve on.  I don't have a good screen grab to show the impact position, but the diagnosis is a tendency that I've fought for a while to get into a squat too much and come into impact with my arms a bit folded up rather than extended.  Honetly, if there is an aspect of this offseason training that hasn't gotten my full energy it's the PlaneMate work, and I think it would help immensely with this so I'll be reattacking that.  I should in turn see a wider overall swing and hopefully some speed as well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Here's the main feedback and area to target that did come out of the lesson:

IMG_5213.PNG.5377e03a430be83cb336a60cf3e01dc7.PNG

Picture on the left is the good, the right the "bad" and what I need to improve on.  I don't have a good screen grab to show the impact position, but the diagnosis is a tendency that I've fought for a while to get into a squat too much and come into impact with my arms a bit folded up rather than extended.  Honetly, if there is an aspect of this offseason training that hasn't gotten my full energy it's the PlaneMate work, and I think it would help immensely with this so I'll be reattacking that.  I should in turn see a wider overall swing and hopefully some speed as well.

That's some nice trail side bend there. I could use a little more of that in my swing. Do you know what your club path and AoA is like on these swings?

Like you, I've neglected the Planemate a little too much but realized in playing with it again this week that it's a huge help in reinforcing the correct patterns. My biggest issue using it during my active golf season was that I didn't want to "break" what I was working with at the moment.

• Like 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 6.4 / Anti-Cap: 12.1 (Last Updated Oct. 2, 2022)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Club Champion Fitting
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
21° Hybrid: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

Currently Testing: Edel SMS Wedges
WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 hours ago, edingc said:

That's some nice trail side bend there. I could use a little more of that in my swing. Do you know what your club path and AoA is like on these swings?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, no, I don't know that info.  Here's a pic of the display at GolfTec, along with a zoomed in version of the data, from my fourth or fifth warm-up PW before the lesson started...I wanted to look back later and see what data is available on the display, because I can't honestly say I'm using it (although I'm pretty confident the instructor is paying attention to it)...

IMG_5203.jpg.79e191dd479936f9c1741e44f207c054.jpgIMG_5204.jpg.1e867b6023e78d8070b5cb9b6e9eb307.jpg

Which brings me to another almost embarrassing question for my fellow Spies...can anyone recommend where I can read up on ball flight or fitting for dummies?  I'm realizing that given how much time I spend on this forum and some of the brains that are on here, I have no excuse for looking at my PW backspin number (for instance) and not being able to discern on my own if that's good or bad.  I suspect it's a bit low, but I'm a bit of a picker and am reasonably confident I got a good fit into my irons.  (I have a hunch @cnosilamong others could tell me where to read up on basic understanding of fitting variables...)

3 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks!

Unfortunately, no, I don't know that info.  Here's a pic of the display at GolfTec, along with a zoomed in version of the data, from my fourth or fifth warm-up PW before the lesson started...I wanted to look back later and see what data is available on the display, because I can't honestly say I'm using it (although I'm pretty confident the instructor is paying attention to it)...

IMG_5203.jpg.79e191dd479936f9c1741e44f207c054.jpgIMG_5204.jpg.1e867b6023e78d8070b5cb9b6e9eb307.jpg

Which brings me to another almost embarrassing question for my fellow Spies...can anyone recommend where I can read up on ball flight or fitting for dummies?  I'm realizing that given how much time I spend on this forum and some of the brains that are on here, I have no excuse for looking at my PW backspin number (for instance) and not being able to discern on my own if that's good or bad.  I suspect it's a bit low, but I'm a bit of a picker and am reasonably confident I got a good fit into my irons.  (I have a hunch @cnosilamong others could tell me where to read up on basic understanding of fitting variables...)

While that is the forsite software,  it doesn't show the club data.  Don't know what hardware GolfTec uses to capture club data so their system may not be capable.   

Regarding Information on fitting:  you can start here:  https://trackmanuniversity.com/

Couple of old articles on MGS:  https://mygolfspy.com/clubfitting-101/   https://mygolfspy.com/club-building-101-a-guide-to-the-things-that-matter/

IF you want to read some books:

• The Complete Golf Club Fitting Plan, Ralph Maltby
  • Practical Clubfitting, Tom Wishon

• Love 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

While that is the forsite software,  it doesn't show the club data.  Don't know what hardware GolfTec uses to capture club data so their system may not be capable.   

Regarding Information on fitting:  you can start here:  https://trackmanuniversity.com/

Couple of old articles on MGS:  https://mygolfspy.com/clubfitting-101/   https://mygolfspy.com/club-building-101-a-guide-to-the-things-that-matter/

IF you want to read some books:

• The Complete Golf Club Fitting Plan, Ralph Maltby
  • Practical Clubfitting, Tom Wishon

Awesome, thank you for the references!

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

Awesome, thank you for the references!

They are a start.  I did a bunch of the classes in the trackman university and it gets pretty detailed.  

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Today was a SuperSpeed ASD 1 session, followed by my "A3" workout.  

Dumbbell Bench Press - 90s, reps at 8, 2, 1, 1

Machine Shoulder Press - 130, reps at 12, 4, 2 (time to go up in weight)

Machine Dips - 250, reps at 15, 5, 3, 2 (heaviest machine goes...)

Machine Pulldowns - 170, reps at 10, 3, 1, 1

Wide-Grip Cable Rows - 180, reps at 8, 4

I'll obviously be skipping the gym this Friday, and will get back at it on Monday.

That said, after much soul-searching and an attempt at honest self-evaluation, I've decided my search for additional mass and size is over.  I got on the scale at 197 this past weekend, which would put me at a 16 pound mass gain and the number that I originally stated as my goal.  If I'm being honest with myself, I'm definitely stronger than when I started this thread, but I've gained some fat with the muscle (I knew I would) but between being 42 and my thyroid condition, I'm not comfortable with any more fat as part of this experiment.  And, I may have lost a bit of focus and started bodybuilding too much rather than pursuing golf speed.

I AM NOT stopping my training or quest for speed, at all.  It's just time to move to phase 2...size achieved, now more of a focus on strength, power and explosiveness.  And, I need to figure out a good macro ratio to work to stay at 197 but add muscle/lose fat...a tough task I know.  @BMart519@Chip Strokes...thoughts on this?  Any references you're aware of?

As far as programming, come 2021 I am going up in weights and down in reps.  I'm thinking 4-6 rep sets with one rest-pause set.  Then, mixing n the more golf-specific movements.  Any thoughts/feedback from anyone would be much appreciated.  

Overall, let me thank everyone for the encouragement to date, it's been much appreciated.  I'll be keeping at it in this next phase.

• Getoffmylawn changed the title to Getoffmylawn's Need for Speed, AND LOWER SCORES!