Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Sand Valley getting expensive for 2021

Just saw their 2021 rates.  Low season rates for the least expensive on-site lodging has gone up by $80 a night and the golf has gone up $60 per round to $170 a round in the opening month and last two weeks.  Lodging was $165 and golf was $110 a round.  I understand it's a business but for people who can't afford the high season rates those low season rates were something to look forward to.  Now instead of going every year I will likely make it an every other year trip.

Don't get me wrong, Sand Valley is amazing (I've been four times) and I absolutely love it.  The nearly 50% increase in cost though made me take a double take.  If you haven't been to Sand Valley I highly recommend going as the service, golf, and food are all top of the line.

Also, Sedge Valley is on hold.  I heard different reasons why but there were rumors of some contractual conflicts with a project that Tom Doak may be working on at Kohler.  Sedge Valley will likely still happen just with a different designer and a different name for the course.  I also heard that Tom Doak may be working on a new, private course at Sand Valley that will be open to their Founding Members and limited to the general public.

• 4 weeks later...

Quote from Tom Doak re Sedge Valley....Unfortunately, it is on hiatus.  No construction this year, apart from the clearing they've been doing. 

Maybe not next year, either.

Epic Flash 9 &15

Titliest 915 18&21

Staff 5 to G

Ping SW

Wide Flange LW

TM Spider X