TESTERS WANTED! ×

Need Recommendations and Reviews about Online/Virtual Coaches

Hi Spies,

Hope y'all are doing well and staying safe.

So I know there are a lot of Golf coaches that offer online/virtual coaching and lessons for their students, but how does one find out who is good and who isn't?

I am a 16 Handicapper and have been stuck at that for quite some time, multiple people have told me that I need a few lessons from a good golf coach and my game should improve. I live in Pakistan and so there aren't any PGA professionals close to me that I could go to and so my only option is finding one who offers trainings and lessons online. I have found a few and have reached out to them but I don't know who is good and who isn't. 

If any of y'all have any experience with a specific coach that offers online/virtual sessions, or have taken virtual sessions, please share your experience, what the outcome was and how much it costed? 

I look forward to your replies! 

:SuperSpeed: Training: 

Initial Driver Speed: 90 MPH

WITB: Fitting Location: Club Champion - Houston, TX 

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 - Stiff

3 Wood/ 4 Hybrid: :taylormade-small: RBZ w/Aldila NV

4-PW: :titelist-small: T-100 w/ KBS Tour V - Stiff 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM7 Vokey Wedges - 50, 54, 58 

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works #1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B

Rangefinder: Bushnell Pro X2 

I think one of the best is Monte Scheinblum,.  I know Monte and he's held several clinics at m course.   But in addition to that his video lessons/tips/drills are among the best out there. Some are free, but I'd highly suggest buying his No Turn/Cast video series.   It's well worth it.

https://rebelliongolf.com/

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'll differ just a little from @Golfspy_CG2, in that I wouldn't generally recommend buying videos or selecting pre-packaged instruction.  If you're looking for an online coach, find one that will review videos of your swing, and provide instruction specific to you.  Now that instruction could come via pre-packaged videos, but it should be the instructor selecting the appropriate video for you to review.

I've heard good things about Monte, and I know he does the type of online instruction I'm talking about.  Another site I've read good things about is www.evolvr.com.  That one is owned by a guy who runs a rival website, who is in my experience a really good instructor.  I don't believe he works with every student, I think he has a staff of instructors working with him.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I'll differ just a little from [mention=65448]Golfspy_CG2[/mention], in that I wouldn't generally recommend buying videos or selecting pre-packaged instruction.  If you're looking for an online coach, find one that will review videos of your swing, and provide instruction specific to you.  Now that instruction could come via pre-packaged videos, but it should be the instructor selecting the appropriate video for you to review.
I've heard good things about Monte, and I know he does the type of online instruction I'm talking about.  Another site I've read good things about is www.evolvr.com.  That one is owned by a guy who runs a rival website, who is in my experience a really good instructor.  I don't believe he works with every student, I think he has a staff of instructors working with him.
Yeah, that's also what I'm looking for, I don't want to just go off of just simply videos online and follow them blindly, I want a coach to analyze my swing, give me feedback about what I'm doing wrong and what I'm doing right and how to correct the issues have, let be drills or specific videos or whatever.
Has anyone heard of "SwingLineGolf"? I found them online on Instagram and they seem to offer swing analysis and coaching for quite cheap, but idk how they are and can't find any reviews on them.

Sent from my GM1910 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think one of the best is Monte Scheinblum,.  I know Monte and he's held several clinics at m course.   But in addition to that his video lessons/tips/drills are among the best out there. Some are free, but I'd highly suggest buying his No Turn/Cast video series.   It's well worth it.
https://rebelliongolf.com/
He offers swing analysis too, so I can reach out to him and get his feedback too

15 hours ago, YKodvavi said:

Hi Spies,

Hope y'all are doing well and staying safe.

So I know there are a lot of Golf coaches that offer online/virtual coaching and lessons for their students, but how does one find out who is good and who isn't?

I am a 16 Handicapper and have been stuck at that for quite some time, multiple people have told me that I need a few lessons from a good golf coach and my game should improve. I live in Pakistan and so there aren't any PGA professionals close to me that I could go to and so my only option is finding one who offers trainings and lessons online. I have found a few and have reached out to them but I don't know who is good and who isn't. 

If any of y'all have any experience with a specific coach that offers online/virtual sessions, or have taken virtual sessions, please share your experience, what the outcome was and how much it costed? 

I look forward to your replies! 

One of the things you need to decide is the type of online lesson you want. Do you want to do live facetime lessons? Or do you want to record your swing, send them to the coach and let him analyze it?

If you're more interested in the second option, the app skillest has lots of coaches who will do that. Many of them also have lots of online material and courses that you watch as well to try and help you. I'll shout out Travis Fulton here, I've been using his stuff and it's been helpful for me. I'd recommend doing some browsing on there.

Upon reading your other responses, when you send Travis your swing, he will record video analyzing it and then send you a few videos from his courses that he wants you to watch. He might be right up your alley.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

5 hours ago, YKodvavi said:

Yeah, that's also what I'm looking for, I don't want to just go off of just simply videos online and follow them blindly, I want a coach to analyze my swing, give me feedback about what I'm doing wrong and what I'm doing right and how to correct the issues have, let be drills or specific videos or whatever.
Has anyone heard of "SwingLineGolf"? I found them online on Instagram and they seem to offer swing analysis and coaching for quite cheap, but idk how they are and can't find any reviews on them.

5 hours ago, YKodvavi said:

He offers swing analysis too, so I can reach out to him and get his feedback too

I’m sorry I should have been more clear as I agree with Dave.  I was recommending Monte for direct one on one tailored instruction.  

I only mentioned his videos if you wanted to get an idea of his style.  I mentioned the One video in particular as it had a ton of quality stuff in it for less thsn 2 sleeves of balls 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

6 hours ago, newballcoach said:

One of the things you need to decide is the type of online lesson you want. Do you want to do live facetime lessons? Or do you want to record your swing, send them to the coach and let him analyze it?

If you're more interested in the second option, the app skillest has lots of coaches who will do that. Many of them also have lots of online material and courses that you watch as well to try and help you. I'll shout out Travis Fulton here, I've been using his stuff and it's been helpful for me. I'd recommend doing some browsing on there.

Upon reading your other responses, when you send Travis your swing, he will record video analyzing it and then send you a few videos from his courses that he wants you to watch. He might be right up your alley.

So for me, FaceTime lesson isn't really feasible because of the time difference, so recording my swing, sending them to the coach and receiving feedback is realistically my only option. 

I just downloaded it and it has A LOT of coaches, didn't know that existed. I'll look at all the options there will see which one I like. 

Thank you dude! This is really helpful! 

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I’m sorry I should have been more clear as I agree with Dave.  I was recommending Monte for direct one on one tailored instruction.  

I only mentioned his videos if you wanted to get an idea of his style.  I mentioned the One video in particular as it had a ton of quality stuff in it for less thsn 2 sleeves of balls 😎

Oh. That makes sense.

Tbh I'm not quite sure what the style of a good instructor should be, I've only been to one golf pro for a couple sessions, Neil Wilkins in Missouri City, and that too was like 10 years ago. So don't really know what to be looking for and what to expect. 

And yeah, he isn't all that expensive, a video analysis is for like $75 and a if you get the Improvement Plan, $50 a month, the video lesson goes down to $50, so not a bad deal at all.

Brady Riggs, another known coach is offering video lessons, so send him the video, he analyzes it and gets back to you, so I'm reaching out to him for pricing too, I've heard he's really good.

I'll return to the one that I know best, www.evolvr.com and Erik.  You can get a taste of Erik's teaching "style" on his website, as he give free evaluation and  advice.  Not nearly the same level of detail and frequency you'd get in the paid service, but still its a window into his instruction.  Here's my thread there:

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93321-my-swing-davep043/?tab=comments#comment-1297412

Please note, I very rarely suggest other golf forums out of respect for what we enjoy here, but in this particular thread I believe its appropriate.  MyGolfSpy doesn't really specialize in instructional content, and that other one does.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia