What is the longest length of time a putter has been in your bag as the primary putter?

RobotDoctor

I've been playing for 8 years or so and no putter has lasted more than a year.  I think the Spider Tour black (no sightlines) would have lasted longer, but I sold it prematurely to try something else and regret it.  I'm seeing some really good results with my current putter so I need to stop being an idiot and keep it around.

Sun Mountain C130-S / Titleist TSi4 8.25* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 TX / Titleist TSi3 14.25* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 TX / New Level NLU-01 18* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5 / New Level 902 Forged 4-PW DG TI X100 / Vokey SM8 50,54,58 DGS200 / Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Humble, TX / Right Handed / 10 Handicap / 37.5" 6i @ 61.5* Lie

• 3 weeks later...

7 years

Tour Edge Exotics Driver

Tour Edge Exotics Hybrids

Precept Tour Premium CB Irons 5-PW

Nickent Arc Wedges 50-54-58

Nickent Tour Prototype MP/03, Cleveland VP Milled #2, Cameron Select Newport 2.5, Cameron California Napa 

20+ years and counting...

Ping Zing 85020 Bronze

Keep swinging - JC

Driver: PXG 0811 XF

Wood: (currently shopping)

Irons:  Ben Hogan PTxPro 4-PW

Wedges:   Ben Hogan Equalizer II (56, 60)

Putter:  Ping Zing Bronze

15 years. An original Odyssey White Hot 2-ball blade with tour line. Used it till recently when I change to an fitted counter balanced Odyessy 2-ball Ten with tour line. Similar putters similar feel but more consistant inside 10 feet with the new one. 

Whenever I have more than 3-6 months between playing I will look at new putter 

I think the longest I played continuously with same putter is two years 

• 3 weeks later...

My off-the-rack Cleveland Classic 1 putter for 10 years. Just recently got replaced with a Miura Km-009

Sim2 Max and i210s

Working on short game and long irons and driving and putting 😆

My 1978 Ram Zebra face-balanced mallet has been in and out of my bag for forty-four years.

Mostly, I've stuck with face-balanced when I go with something else, but shaft aligned rather than offset is the major priority.  I hate offset in putters, which pretty much eliminates the most popular ones, and I can even live with onset [face in front of shaft] like on my Dandy Tour Blade.

I deviated briefly experimenting with an arced stroke in the late 80s, I think it was.  I tried a MacGregor Response ZT which was offset, but the bloom came off the rose in a hurry with that monstrosity.   Still have it, though.

I have two hickory shafted putters, replicas of 1920s models, and I've been playing one of them recently.  Whatever's running warm, but the ancient Zebra always makes it way back.

I had the same Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman in the bag from 2005 until mid 2020 when this site corrupted me and I tried a few new ones before settling on an Evnroll ER7 which has been in the bag since.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, RobotDoctor said:

My current gamer now has the distinction of being the single putter that I have been gaming the longest, 6 years this month.  I first put my Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe copper plated putter in the bag in September 2014.  There is no end in sight as this putter simply performs. 

What is your longest stretch for a putter in your bag?

(4 pictures, three with patina developed and one when it was brand new taken by Byron Morgan)

Epic Day 1.jpg

Epic Day 3.jpg

Epic Day face.jpg

Epic Day new_1.JPG

I have added two strips of lead tape under the sole for additional weighting.  The putter has a Salty Mid-Plus cork grip on it (with proper shaft build up).  Weight, balance, everything is perfect.  I am NOT going to mess with anything.

The Epic Day has been relegated to a backup putter at this point.  I put in my Byron Morgan DH89 putter I ordered a month before the Epic Day.  I gamed the DH89 a couple months ago for the first time since the Epic Day arrived in September 2014.  I made a couple putts over 30 feet, a couple more over 15 feet and didn't miss one from 3 feet during that first round.  The DH89 has been so good I can't take it out.  Well, taking it out for a spa session back with Byron Morgan for some minor tweaking.

IMG_8607.jpg

IMG_8608.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

IMG_8612.jpg

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon blades 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on