TESTERS WANTED! ×

Chisag Full Bag Fitting

Sounds like you had a great fitting and learned a lot about how your swing has changed.  Interested in hearing what will be in your bag and how it plays out on the course.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

....so you’re telling me there’s soon to be a bunch of primo, beautiful stiff flex clubs hitting the Buy & Sell forum? That could be dangerous...

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

That means with new sticks working for you, you'll be shooting under par every round from now on? 😄

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

... Yesterday I wanted to share my initial thoughts immediately after coming out of a full bag fitting. Many have questions about fittings and lessons so I hope sharing this information was helpful. Having a full day to comprehend the fitting results, I realize the fitting flaws for me are still there and while I was initially disappointed, there was also some very useful information. 

1. I don't hit balls at the range very well and certainly do not hit balls well off a matt indoors.Playing QB, I was always better in games than I was at practice. The Mistwood Performance Center is better than most because even though I was indoors, the bay window was open and I was hitting into a range but still using range balls. I know my real world distances with my T100-S and my 7 iron is a very reliable 160-165 yd club. Sometimes with a little wind or downhill I will use it form 170. My mishits or poor swings are usually a weak push fade that can be a good 10 or even 15 yds yds short of that so 150-155 sounds about right for a poor swing. On the LM I was hitting my T100-0S 7 iron a very consistent 145-148. To be fair to my fitter, they were all pretty much poor swings. Later in the fitting after hitting the P770 with a recoil F3 regular flex much better, I some T100-S 7 irons again and hit them around 155. So better but still nothing like I hit them when I am playing. And regardless of the distance, the r-shaft was just easier to swing and clearly produced higher shots with more spin and a tighter pattern with a deviation of 4.5 yds left and right. I just did not need to go after them as hard with that combo. So while I do not think the fitting accurately captured my swing, it did allow me to see that the same swing with a different iron, the results were clearly better.  The question becomes, will I hit the 770 r flex 7 iron 175 on the course with my normal game swing or will I hit it the same distance as my s-T100-S flex with mishits turning out better and not having to work as hard to get those same results. That would be ideal. But only playing them on a course under normal conditions will answer that question. 

2. Range balls make a huge difference. When hitting a couple TP5 balls, my launch, spin and distance improved by 7-10 yds with my irons and even more with a driver. Obviously an indoor fitting can use any ball since you can just get to from the net or screen and  hit it again, but on a range it is impractical to have all the balls people being fit would normally play. 

3. Even though I felt like I was not being fit for my normal on course swing, there was a lot to learn from the results. For instance my 2 iron DI with a stiff HZRDUS Black 90gm shaft works great with my best swing but when I miss it the results are pretty dramatically different. But again the truth is I don't miss it a lot on the course, maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 and instead of a 225-235 yd shot off the tee, I hit it 190 and a little right which is still playable. The ones I do miss are because I am going at it too hard and just get a little out of sync. I hit about 5 shots with the DHy and the much softer 65 gm r flex and after the first one was so perfect, I think I was able to swing it smoother and not work so hard and did not miss hit it at all with one just about perfect shot after another. We have all been on the course and thought 7 our 6 iron? I'll just really pound the 7 and we end up with poor results. Something to be learned form that. 

4. And finally my fitter can only work with what I give him. I can tell him I usually hit the ball farther and much better when I play but I assume he hears that aaaaalllll the time. So I mentioned it once when first hitting my T100-S 7 iron and never brought it up again because telling him WTF? I normally hit this club 165 so 145 has little bearing for my fitting. These are the only shots he sees so he has to fit what I am giving him, not what I am telling him. 

... So I have my work cut out for me. Gonna try my driver with a softer shaft, pick up the DHy with the 65gm r flex shaft and shaft up one 760 with a softer r flex shaft and see how they perform on the course when it counts, then take it from there. All in all not what I wanted from a fitting but some very useful information and well worth the time and money. So know what you want out of a fitting before going in. If you are good at the range or hitting of matts your experience will be much better. And if you know hitting off matts and/or indoors never really captures your normal swing, be prepared for that too. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• 1 month later...

... I just wanted to follow up on my club changes. I am hitting my Dhy with the 65gm Diamana r-flex shaft farther and straighter than my TP UDi with a HZRDUS Black 90gm  s-flex shaft. In fact I have hit some huge drives and would have never guessed an r-flex would be longer and straighter, but as I have said it isn't how fast you swing but how you swing. I am having equal success with the Diamana r-flex shaft in my Sim driver as well. While it is not a night and day difference, I am certainly consistency just a little longer and more accurate. 

... As far as my T100-S irons, I reshafted them with Steelfiber i95 r-flex shafts and they too have proven to be a better fit than the s-flex 105gm KK shafts. Putting my best swings on either shaft produce very similar results but with a normal swing, meaning not my best but good tempo and contact, the results are better with the i95's. And I never feel like I have to really jump on them when between clubs, so of course that means better swings. Again, I am a little surprised that the r-flex i95's are more accurate but I think that is a result of me taking better swings than the shafts themselves, because they load/unload easier for me. So while my fitting was disappointing in many ways, I learned a lot and it has definitely been worth the money. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour