Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How do you fill your foursomes?

My friends and I play a mix of public and private golf. Each time we want to book a tee time or plan to golf at one of their clubs, it is a challenge coordinating everyone's availability. Furthermore, people will commit to playing without realizing they have some prior commitment they forgot about.

How do you ensure you fill your foursome prior to booking a time or filling out a tee time you already reserved? Are there any apps out there that help make this easier?

My unhelpful comment is that I play as a single
Besides that, I say if booking in advance, reserve the foursome based on verbal commitment, but know the cancellation/change deadline and set the expectation that everyone prepaid the booker by then, that way there’s already a skin in the game.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

My friend and I convinced our wives to take up golf! 

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

Knowing the cancellation policy is usually a great way to over-reserve without penalty. 

1. A group of friends are in a text chain. The initiator books a tee time that allows cancellations without penalty up to 24hrs before the tee time. A few days before, the group text goes out and people confirm their attendance. This gives the Booker time to cancel any unused spots. 

2. A few courses in my area have a no-penalty cancellation which means you can book a foursome, show up as a two, and only pay for two without penalty. This is usually only on weekday (M-Th) tee times near me. 

3. Golfnow has an option to book online and send a link to your friends to pay for theirs.

4. Sometimes we discuss a tee time and just require everyone to book their own. 

5. Lastly, shifting who is responsible for picking the course and setting the tee time around the group let's everyone share the burden of a no show so, everyone better understands the necessary respect.

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg