TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist CNCPT

Shankster

If these are pulled out of the drawer at my forthcoming bag fitting, I'm going to politely ask they be put back in the drawer.  No doubt you'll see some high double digit handicap players at the country clubs spraying these down the fairways.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Just got the email a boy CNCPT 3 and 4....they look nice but $500 a club

And like Shankster said, if they are that good why isn’t some of their tour staff playing them?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Shankster, you beat me too it.  I came here to post this....and also to head off the inevitable question, No, I don't have any plans to buy these....in 2020 🙂

https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-cncpt-irons-cp-03-and-cp-04/

Titleist-CNCPT-Irons-7.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

11 minutes ago, TBT said:

Just got the email a boy CNCPT 3 and 4....they look nice but $500 a club emoji15.png

And like Shankster said, if they are that good why isn’t some of their tour staff playing them?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Nothing but pure personal opinion,  I think the reason the Tour players aren't' playing them is the category they fall in Players Distance,  you don't see a ton of Tour Players using that category iron.  I think these are along the lines of the P790 Titanium, Mizuno Hot Metal Blade and others, not so much in the price area, but in the it's designed for distance, and not so much workability or accuracy.    I guess you might see 1 or 2 put a long iron in the bag, but most of them are using the U500 or TMB in that spot.

I had a chance to hit the CNCPT 01 last fall at TPI, I hit it a bit further than the T300 I ended up, but not a couple hundred dollars per club better  🙂

I know we have seen pictures of the original from a while back and there is no doubt I am sure they perform well and so on, but much like the epic irons that were however much I don't think they are worth the price tag by any means and is just me but are they that nice to look at? Honestly I don't think so, there are a lot of other irons I would pick before these even if I did have the money to spend. Common new ping lineup!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Obviously these are expensive, but I am sure they perform very well. If this is a way to Titleist to get a little money back on irons that are closer to a very large R&D project than a full iron release. That being said I will for sure wait until this trickles down to the more mainstream offerings. Unless something happens like @Golfspy_CG2 implies and the prices get reduced or there is a smoking deal, never say never right.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

16 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Obviously these are expensive, but I am sure they perform very well. If this is a way to Titleist to get a little money back on irons that are closer to a very large R&D project than a full iron release. That being said I will for sure wait until this trickles down to the more mainstream offerings. Unless something happens like @Golfspy_CG2 implies and the prices get reduced or there is a smoking deal, never say never right.

Oh, I wasn't implying that the price will be reduced next year, just that I am trusting myself to hold off until at least then 🙂

I'm sorry...but did you say $500 per club? Why? Becasue they are making them out of some "Super Metal"? Has Titleist found Wakanda and made a deal to make clubs out of Vibrainium? Or maybe they somehow got the remnats of the Weapon X program and are making clubs out of Adamantium. I'm not sure which one it is, but they must be living in a comic-book-land, to think that $4000 for a set of what appear to be differently shaped AP1, AP2, and AP3 is going to fly for the average consumer. 

And yes, they probably perform amazing, but as my brother told me a long time ago, "Its not the driver, its the driver." I have tested a lot of clubs in my day, and I still have not found a set that has made me want to drop my i-506s. Why? Because, frankly, bad shots are not their fault, they are mine. So all the hype about this and that ball flight should have an asterisk saying, "Blah blah blah better blah blah blah, if you make a good swing." 

At $500 a club, I think people should at least hear that from the company.

"Hit'em straight ladies and gents!"

My Sticks:

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #9

Driver: TaylorMade Burner 2.0 (9.5 Degree)

3 Wood: TaylorMade Burner 2.0 (15 Degree)

Hybrid: Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz (19 degree)

Irons: Srixon i506 (3, 5-PW)

Wedges: Cleveland CG15 (50, 54 and 58)

I think the fact these are only available through Titleist fitting centres and not off the rack at big box stores should pretty much tell you they aren't for the average consumer.

These clubs, much like automotive companies that design concept vehicles, are a way for Titleist to try some new things out in terms of club design, material selection, and manufacturing. They're just allowing those who wish to to join in on the process by purchasing the clubs. They're low volume concept products. They're going to be expensive. It's just a simple fact. I'm not sure why it seems so hard to grasp that a concept club is going to be expensive. People were making the same gripe last year when the first iteration was released to the public. It's like all people see is the price and they immediately forget about the context and whether that might have anything to do with the price.

I'm sorry...but did you say $500 per club? Why? Becasue they are making them out of some "Super Metal"? Has Titleist found Wakanda and made a deal to make clubs out of Vibrainium? Or maybe they somehow got the remnats of the Weapon X program and are making clubs out of Adamantium. I'm not sure which one it is, but they must be living in a comic-book-land, to think that $4000 for a set of what appear to be differently shaped AP1, AP2, and AP3 is going to fly for the average consumer. 
And yes, they probably perform amazing, but as my brother told me a long time ago, "Its not the driver, its the driver." I have tested a lot of clubs in my day, and I still have not found a set that has made me want to drop my i-506s. Why? Because, frankly, bad shots are not their fault, they are mine. So all the hype about this and that ball flight should have an asterisk saying, "Blah blah blah better blah blah blah, if you make a good swing." 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

2 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I think the fact these are only available through Titleist fitting centres and not off the rack at big box stores should pretty much tell you they aren't for the average consumer.

These clubs, much like automotive companies that design concept vehicles, are a way for Titleist to try some new things out in terms of club design, material selection, and manufacturing. They're just allowing those who wish to to join in on the process by purchasing the clubs. They're low volume concept products. They're going to be expensive. It's just a simple fact. I'm not sure why it seems so hard to grasp that a concept club is going to be expensive. People were making the same gripe last year when the first iteration was released to the public. It's like all people see is the price and they immediately forget about the context and whether that might have anything to do with the price.

I wish they’d bring back the T-MB’s.  They are missing out on the hollow club sales comparing to the 790, i500, etc.

34 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I wish they’d bring back the T-MB’s.  They are missing out on the hollow club sales comparing to the 790, i500, etc.

They weren’t selling a lot of tmb irons sets. The long irons were the most popular and that’s why the shift to just the utility irons now

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Is it just me, not a huge fan of the look and I typically love the Titleist lineup....? I am sure they perform but for $500 bucks a club it better be damn beautiful to the eye...these aren't cutting it for me at first glance.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

....so admins when is the call for these in Official Forum Testing going up? 😅

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

Also, I did some quick math and one of these irons cost more or less the same as my whole current bag.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

4 hours ago, SoonGolf said:

Not sure what all the fuss is about. $500/club looks like bargain basement prices compared to these. On the plus side, they easily make the free shipping requirement 🤣.

image.png.784f576e3165c03d62776ab3fec72cf1.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

If I win the lottery (I don’t play, so that ain’t happening) I will buy a set.

To me it looks a lot like what has went into the last of the AP2/3/1’s, and now the TS line.  Really glad Titleist is taking the Cadillac approach, luxury with hidden tech.  I mean who doesn’t like a CTS-V? 😍

8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Shankster, you beat me too it.  I came here to post this....and also to head off the inevitable question, No, I don't have any plans to buy these....in 2020 🙂

Sorry Rob, before being a Taylormade fanboy. I played two sets of Titleist.  They still pull at my heart, even more so now with the T100S.  And they are lonely, and want some cousins named Vokey, and Cameron in the bag.  Maybe even a TSi cousin... 

The 4-7 irons in the T200 are hollow and the T400 irons are hollow throughout the set.

Although I have fancy tastes, this is out of my league price was per iron.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I mean they are Hella of sexy clubs, but way too expensive, maybe if I win the lottery. 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bv9mfjk6p2syao0btb5

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

12 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Sorry Rob, before being a Taylormade fanboy. I played two sets of Titleist.  They still pull at my heart, even more so now with the T100S.  And they are lonely, and want some cousins named Vokey, and Cameron in the bag.  Maybe even a TSi cousin... 

Yea TSi is yelling at me........image.gif.3ebebaa274c196195eb3feb8479d1e1c.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I’m not sure I could ever justify that cost per iron, but I’m glad Titleist does it.

From all accounts this advanced level of R&D and Proof of Concept stuff has moved the needle for them in the equipment space.

There are plenty of guys who will play them, and Titleist will get to push the envelope. Then the rest of us can try it at a better price 3 or 4 years from now.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

16 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I’m not sure I could ever justify that cost per iron, but I’m glad Titleist does it.

From all accounts this advanced level of R&D and Proof of Concept stuff has moved the needle for them in the equipment space.

There are plenty of guys who will play them, and Titleist will get to push the envelope. Then the rest of us can try it at a better price 3 or 4 years from now.

I am also glad they do it.  The engineers get to try things without cost constraints and then get feed back from those who buy them.  In a couple of years or so, the rest of us see the benefit in their normally priced clubs.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

Yeah, this is fully a developmental club - allow the R&D guys to go wild and play with whatever materials/shapes/etc. they can, and hope to sell some sets to those who can afford it. Eventually they'll get the feedback they need on what works and what doesn't, then we'll see maybe an idea trickle into the normal sets in 4 or so years. I dig Titleist pushing the envelope.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero,10°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3W: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 15°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3H: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 18°, KBS Tour Hybrid 75S

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 - 50°/12F, 54°/14F, 58°/14K

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Special Select Squareback 2, 35"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

Yeah for sure. It's stuff like this that has actually made me like Titleist. I was never big on them before but now that they're making a big R&D/innovation push, I'm fully on board.

Yeah, this is fully a developmental club - allow the R&D guys to go wild and play with whatever materials/shapes/etc. they can, and hope to sell some sets to those who can afford it. Eventually they'll get the feedback they need on what works and what doesn't, then we'll see maybe an idea trickle into the normal sets in 4 or so years. I dig Titleist pushing the envelope.

1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Yeah for sure. It's stuff like this that has actually made me like Titleist. I was never big on them before but now that they're making a big R&D/innovation push, I'm fully on board.

Yeah, despite the majority of my WITB, always liked Titleist as a brand. Just wish I would have gotten better numbers out of them!

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero,10°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3W: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 15°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3H: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 18°, KBS Tour Hybrid 75S

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 - 50°/12F, 54°/14F, 58°/14K

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Special Select Squareback 2, 35"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

Last year when getting fitted for my driver, I had a chance to hit both of the CNCPT irons that were available at that time.  

They looked good, felt really good, went a long way and were very consistent with dispersion.  

The new CNCPT 2 irons are a very tempting successor to my current AP3s.  

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4