Our Sponsors

I’ve been eyeing these from time to time.  Curious as to why no one on tour plays them, and I would love to get my hands on the CNCPT 2’s. 

Don’t think the wife would appreciate me spending $500 a club though...

Looks like they added to the line.

• Like 2

If these are pulled out of the drawer at my forthcoming bag fitting, I'm going to politely ask they be put back in the drawer.  No doubt you'll see some high double digit handicap players at the country clubs spraying these down the fairways.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Just got the email a boy CNCPT 3 and 4....they look nice but $500 a club

And like Shankster said, if they are that good why isn’t some of their tour staff playing them?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Shankster, you beat me too it.  I came here to post this....and also to head off the inevitable question, No, I don't have any plans to buy these....in 2020 🙂

https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-cncpt-irons-cp-03-and-cp-04/

Titleist-CNCPT-Irons-7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

11 minutes ago, TBT said:

Just got the email a boy CNCPT 3 and 4....they look nice but $500 a club emoji15.png

And like Shankster said, if they are that good why isn’t some of their tour staff playing them?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Nothing but pure personal opinion,  I think the reason the Tour players aren't' playing them is the category they fall in Players Distance,  you don't see a ton of Tour Players using that category iron.  I think these are along the lines of the P790 Titanium, Mizuno Hot Metal Blade and others, not so much in the price area, but in the it's designed for distance, and not so much workability or accuracy.    I guess you might see 1 or 2 put a long iron in the bag, but most of them are using the U500 or TMB in that spot.

I had a chance to hit the CNCPT 01 last fall at TPI, I hit it a bit further than the T300 I ended up, but not a couple hundred dollars per club better  🙂

• Like 6

I know we have seen pictures of the original from a while back and there is no doubt I am sure they perform well and so on, but much like the epic irons that were however much I don't think they are worth the price tag by any means and is just me but are they that nice to look at? Honestly I don't think so, there are a lot of other irons I would pick before these even if I did have the money to spend. Common new ping lineup!

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Obviously these are expensive, but I am sure they perform very well. If this is a way to Titleist to get a little money back on irons that are closer to a very large R&D project than a full iron release. That being said I will for sure wait until this trickles down to the more mainstream offerings. Unless something happens like @Golfspy_CG2 implies and the prices get reduced or there is a smoking deal, never say never right.

• Like 1

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

16 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Obviously these are expensive, but I am sure they perform very well. If this is a way to Titleist to get a little money back on irons that are closer to a very large R&D project than a full iron release. That being said I will for sure wait until this trickles down to the more mainstream offerings. Unless something happens like @Golfspy_CG2 implies and the prices get reduced or there is a smoking deal, never say never right.

Oh, I wasn't implying that the price will be reduced next year, just that I am trusting myself to hold off until at least then 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm sorry...but did you say $500 per club? Why? Becasue they are making them out of some "Super Metal"? Has Titleist found Wakanda and made a deal to make clubs out of Vibrainium? Or maybe they somehow got the remnats of the Weapon X program and are making clubs out of Adamantium. I'm not sure which one it is, but they must be living in a comic-book-land, to think that $4000 for a set of what appear to be differently shaped AP1, AP2, and AP3 is going to fly for the average consumer. 

And yes, they probably perform amazing, but as my brother told me a long time ago, "Its not the driver, its the driver." I have tested a lot of clubs in my day, and I still have not found a set that has made me want to drop my i-506s. Why? Because, frankly, bad shots are not their fault, they are mine. So all the hype about this and that ball flight should have an asterisk saying, "Blah blah blah better blah blah blah, if you make a good swing." 

At $500 a club, I think people should at least hear that from the company.

• Like 2

"Hit'em straight ladies and gents!"

My Sticks:

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #9

Driver: TaylorMade Burner 2.0 (9.5 Degree)

3 Wood: TaylorMade Burner 2.0 (15 Degree)

Hybrid: Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz (19 degree)

Irons: Srixon i506 (3, 5-PW)

Wedges: Cleveland CG15 (50, 54 and 58)

I think the fact these are only available through Titleist fitting centres and not off the rack at big box stores should pretty much tell you they aren't for the average consumer.

These clubs, much like automotive companies that design concept vehicles, are a way for Titleist to try some new things out in terms of club design, material selection, and manufacturing. They're just allowing those who wish to to join in on the process by purchasing the clubs. They're low volume concept products. They're going to be expensive. It's just a simple fact. I'm not sure why it seems so hard to grasp that a concept club is going to be expensive. People were making the same gripe last year when the first iteration was released to the public. It's like all people see is the price and they immediately forget about the context and whether that might have anything to do with the price.

I'm sorry...but did you say $500 per club? Why? Becasue they are making them out of some "Super Metal"? Has Titleist found Wakanda and made a deal to make clubs out of Vibrainium? Or maybe they somehow got the remnats of the Weapon X program and are making clubs out of Adamantium. I'm not sure which one it is, but they must be living in a comic-book-land, to think that $4000 for a set of what appear to be differently shaped AP1, AP2, and AP3 is going to fly for the average consumer. 
And yes, they probably perform amazing, but as my brother told me a long time ago, "Its not the driver, its the driver." I have tested a lot of clubs in my day, and I still have not found a set that has made me want to drop my i-506s. Why? Because, frankly, bad shots are not their fault, they are mine. So all the hype about this and that ball flight should have an asterisk saying, "Blah blah blah better blah blah blah, if you make a good swing." 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I think the fact these are only available through Titleist fitting centres and not off the rack at big box stores should pretty much tell you they aren't for the average consumer.

These clubs, much like automotive companies that design concept vehicles, are a way for Titleist to try some new things out in terms of club design, material selection, and manufacturing. They're just allowing those who wish to to join in on the process by purchasing the clubs. They're low volume concept products. They're going to be expensive. It's just a simple fact. I'm not sure why it seems so hard to grasp that a concept club is going to be expensive. People were making the same gripe last year when the first iteration was released to the public. It's like all people see is the price and they immediately forget about the context and whether that might have anything to do with the price.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I wish they’d bring back the T-MB’s.  They are missing out on the hollow club sales comparing to the 790, i500, etc.

34 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I wish they’d bring back the T-MB’s.  They are missing out on the hollow club sales comparing to the 790, i500, etc.

They weren’t selling a lot of tmb irons sets. The long irons were the most popular and that’s why the shift to just the utility irons now

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Is it just me, not a huge fan of the look and I typically love the Titleist lineup....? I am sure they perform but for $500 bucks a club it better be damn beautiful to the eye...these aren't cutting it for me at first glance.

• Like 1

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

....so admins when is the call for these in Official Forum Testing going up? 😅

• Like 5

Driver: Honma TW747 460 VIZARD 50 S-flex
7 wood: Honma TW747
Irons: TaylorMade M Gloire 6-AW Fujikura Speeder SR-Flex
Wedges: (testing) Cleveland RTX Zipcore Raw 56*/60*
Putter: SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange 34”

“Golf is a good walk enhanced”

Also, I did some quick math and one of these irons cost more or less the same as my whole current bag.

• Like 1

Driver: Honma TW747 460 VIZARD 50 S-flex
7 wood: Honma TW747
Irons: TaylorMade M Gloire 6-AW Fujikura Speeder SR-Flex
Wedges: (testing) Cleveland RTX Zipcore Raw 56*/60*
Putter: SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange 34”

“Golf is a good walk enhanced”

4 hours ago, SoonGolf said:

Not sure what all the fuss is about. $500/club looks like bargain basement prices compared to these. On the plus side, they easily make the free shipping requirement 🤣.

image.png.784f576e3165c03d62776ab3fec72cf1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

If I win the lottery (I don’t play, so that ain’t happening) I will buy a set.

To me it looks a lot like what has went into the last of the AP2/3/1’s, and now the TS line.  Really glad Titleist is taking the Cadillac approach, luxury with hidden tech.  I mean who doesn’t like a CTS-V? 😍

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Shankster, you beat me too it.  I came here to post this....and also to head off the inevitable question, No, I don't have any plans to buy these....in 2020 🙂

https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-cncpt-irons-cp-03-and-cp-04/

Titleist-CNCPT-Irons-7.jpg

Sorry Rob, before being a Taylormade fanboy. I played two sets of Titleist.  They still pull at my heart, even more so now with the T100S.  And they are lonely, and want some cousins named Vokey, and Cameron in the bag.  Maybe even a TSi cousin... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1