Our Sponsors

Although I have fancy tastes, this is out of my league price was per iron.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Shankster, you beat me too it.  I came here to post this....and also to head off the inevitable question, No, I don't have any plans to buy these....in 2020 🙂

https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-cncpt-irons-cp-03-and-cp-04/

Titleist-CNCPT-Irons-7.jpg

I mean they are Hella of sexy clubs, but way too expensive, maybe if I win the lottery. 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bv9mfjk6p2syao0btb5

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

12 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Sorry Rob, before being a Taylormade fanboy. I played two sets of Titleist.  They still pull at my heart, even more so now with the T100S.  And they are lonely, and want some cousins named Vokey, and Cameron in the bag.  Maybe even a TSi cousin... 

Yea TSi is yelling at me........image.gif.3ebebaa274c196195eb3feb8479d1e1c.gif

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I’m not sure I could ever justify that cost per iron, but I’m glad Titleist does it.

From all accounts this advanced level of R&D and Proof of Concept stuff has moved the needle for them in the equipment space.

There are plenty of guys who will play them, and Titleist will get to push the envelope. Then the rest of us can try it at a better price 3 or 4 years from now.

• Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

16 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I’m not sure I could ever justify that cost per iron, but I’m glad Titleist does it.

From all accounts this advanced level of R&D and Proof of Concept stuff has moved the needle for them in the equipment space.

There are plenty of guys who will play them, and Titleist will get to push the envelope. Then the rest of us can try it at a better price 3 or 4 years from now.

I am also glad they do it.  The engineers get to try things without cost constraints and then get feed back from those who buy them.  In a couple of years or so, the rest of us see the benefit in their normally priced clubs.

• Like 4

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood and 7/8 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW (Mizuno HMB's when I'm feeling sporty)

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Yeah, this is fully a developmental club - allow the R&D guys to go wild and play with whatever materials/shapes/etc. they can, and hope to sell some sets to those who can afford it. Eventually they'll get the feedback they need on what works and what doesn't, then we'll see maybe an idea trickle into the normal sets in 4 or so years. I dig Titleist pushing the envelope.

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero,10°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3W: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 15°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3H: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 18°, KBS Tour Hybrid 75S

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 - 50°/12F, 54°/14F, 58°/14K

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Special Select Squareback 2, 35"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

Yeah for sure. It's stuff like this that has actually made me like Titleist. I was never big on them before but now that they're making a big R&D/innovation push, I'm fully on board.

Yeah, this is fully a developmental club - allow the R&D guys to go wild and play with whatever materials/shapes/etc. they can, and hope to sell some sets to those who can afford it. Eventually they'll get the feedback they need on what works and what doesn't, then we'll see maybe an idea trickle into the normal sets in 4 or so years. I dig Titleist pushing the envelope.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2
1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Yeah for sure. It's stuff like this that has actually made me like Titleist. I was never big on them before but now that they're making a big R&D/innovation push, I'm fully on board.

Yeah, despite the majority of my WITB, always liked Titleist as a brand. Just wish I would have gotten better numbers out of them!

• Like 1

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

Last year when getting fitted for my driver, I had a chance to hit both of the CNCPT irons that were available at that time.  

They looked good, felt really good, went a long way and were very consistent with dispersion.  

The new CNCPT 2 irons are a very tempting successor to my current AP3s.  

• Like 2

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Tour Edge EX 10 - 16.5

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Titleist 818 H1 - 25

Titleist AP3 6-48

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BRX

Yeah I'm a Titleist guy thru & thru .... but absolutely not, no way, no how, am I spending $500/club!  I don't care if they tell me that they go further than any other club I've ever hit, even with my screwed up swing.  It's the Indian, not the Arrow.  It's taken me a long time to realize that.  But I assume that's why Titleist has said that these are "for serious inquiries only" can you order them.  They have to go to another planet to bore out the "space metal" that these are made with.  🤨🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:   :titelist-small:  TS2 9.5* UST ATTAS COOOL 

Fairways  :titelist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5*

Driving Iron:  :titelist-small: U500 17* UST V2

Irons  :titelist-small: T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X Catalyst 100cw

Wedges  :vokey-small: SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter  :cameron-small:  Newport  

Ball  :titelist-small: 2020 AVX

I’m a Titleist ho most definitely; and I want to hit these badly, but I simply cannot imagine their performance being so superior to T-100’s to justify the price. It’ll be another 2 seasons before I’m ready to replace my AP3, so who knows what the price will be then, or how much of the technology will have trickled down to their more modestly priced irons.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

20 hours ago, GBWarPig said:

Yeah, despite the majority of my WITB, always liked Titleist as a brand. Just wish I would have gotten better numbers out of them!

I used to think the same way until around 2015, when I hit the 716 AP1's.   Finally a Titleist club I could hit, then the TS drivers and I was on my way!!   I've since improved enough to have played the AP2 a couple years ago, and now the combo of T100s/T200 after spending most of the summer earlier with the T300. 

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I used to think the same way until around 2015, when I hit the 716 AP1's.   Finally a Titleist club I could hit, then the TS drivers and I was on my way!!   I've since improved enough to have played the AP2 a couple years ago, and now the combo of T100s/T200 after spending most of the summer earlier with the T300. 

I hit both the T100 and T200 when getting fitted for my new bag, the dispersion on them both were higher than what I was getting from the Mav Pros. Distance and overall spin were comparable though, could have made them work, but not immediate best fit.

I took out my 718 MBs last year and put a set of the CNCPT-02s in the bag. They look like the MB at address, you can work the ball like the MB but they are very forgiving if you mis-hit it. Love them!

• 2 weeks later...

Like the idea of a developmental type club but if I'm going to spend $500 per club, I would like to know more details about it like construction/materials, etc., and probably even then it's out of my $$ range for clubs.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Alta CB- 55

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

:bettinardi-1: BB-41

Grips- GP MCC+4