TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official 2020 College Football Thread

fixyurdivot

I'm watching the TCU vs. Iowa State game.  It's the first game I've watched thus far... which is nuts being that it is already week 4. I must say it's great seeing them back - with whatever restrictions are in place.  To be honest, I haven't kept very up to date on which divisions/conferences/teams are playing or not.  It's going to be a strange and goofy season to be sure.  Today's plan may very well go straight out the window at any moment. It must be pure hell trying to manage this.  But something is better than nothing as I really love watching college football.  

What is the status of your favorite team (teams) and thoughts about how the various conferences are "treading" through the choppy waters?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29036650/the-coronavirus-college-sports-ncaa-reopening-plans-latest-news-program-cuts-more

This year, I'm just rooting for college football and don't really care who wins.  

Spoiler

well, I may root a wee bit harder for my Irish 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'm a huge Ohio State fan, but I'll pass on this season. If they can play 6 games, why can't they play 12? Does the virus know the difference??? 

High school football in my state is playing 6 games. Again... if they can play 6, why not 10???  I'm must be really dumb or, I'm just missing something.

47 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I'm a huge Ohio State fan, but I'll pass on this season. If they can play 6 games, why can't they play 12? Does the virus know the difference??? 

High school football in my state is playing 6 games. Again... if they can play 6, why not 10???  I'm must be really dumb or, I'm just missing something.

I dunno.  Probably just a statistical odds calculation.... ladened with factors. Lots of uncertainty and no doubt fraught with nail biting decisions for those making them.  I think it will serve as a mental health boost - and that's a good thing.  

3 hours ago, silver & black said:

The Big 10 botched the C-Vid 19 response.  They could do a FULL BIG 10 season.  10-12 games against the conference... which I think they should do anyways instead of playing Weat Texas College of Basket Weaving.

So glad college football is back. Better go undefeated to make the playoff with the condensed schedules. 

Early playoff prediction:

Clemson

Bama/UGA/UF

Ohio St

Oregon/SEC #2

On 9/26/2020 at 6:53 PM, Shankster said:

The Big 10 botched the C-Vid 19 response.  They could do a FULL BIG 10 season.  10-12 games against the conference... which I think they should do anyways instead of playing Weat Texas College of Basket Weaving.

HEY! They make some nice baskets out there in the panhandle! And it's the University of Texas Basket Weaving. Get it right. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

giphy.gif

After the first 8, almost 9 months of the year---this sums up my feelings about Clemson football being back.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

On 9/28/2020 at 9:27 AM, txgolfjunkie said:

So glad college football is back. Better go undefeated to make the playoff with the condensed schedules. 

Early playoff prediction:

Clemson

Bama/UGA/UF

Ohio St

Oregon/SEC #2

HEY! They make some nice baskets out there in the panhandle! And it's the University of Texas Basket Weaving. Get it right. 

They certainly looked like they were doing more basket weaving in the off season than they did practicing this week  🤣 

Lord, I'm happy football is back!

RTR!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I'll be happy when the Big 10 and Pac 12 join in on this circus of a season. The fact that these kids didn't have spring ball, didn't have any warm-up non-con games but are expected to go undefeated this season to have any shot at the playoffs...that's a tall order. 

Big 12? Dumpster fire. There are probably 4 or 5 teams that have a shot, but none will make it out without 1, prossibly 2 losses. 

ACC? We won't know if there's a contender besides Clemson until November. 

SEC? Different year but it's the same teams year after year. 

Regardless, college football is back and so is Mike Leach's coaching style...win a big game only to turn around and lose to a doormat. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

My Dawgs defense looks to possibly be the class of college football. And the offense struggles with the same issue again, QB that’s a good kid everyone loves but the arm talent is sitting on the sidelines. It we walk into Tuscaloosa with Stetson starting, I’m gonna be worried

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:39 AM, alfriday101 said:

It looks like Saturdays games in La and Al may be impacted by Hurricane Delta.  Who had "October Hurricane" on their 2020 bingo card?  

Yea, as if this years sports venues weren't hammered enough already.... 

Come On Man GIFs | Tenor

On 10/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, txgolfjunkie said:

I'll be happy when the Big 10 and Pac 12 join in on this circus of a season. The fact that these kids didn't have spring ball, didn't have any warm-up non-con games but are expected to go undefeated this season to have any shot at the playoffs...that's a tall order. 

That's why I tagged the thread "season with an asterisk".  In many ways it will count as a practice season 😞.  

This one should be a doozy.  

image.png.fdb96a407d0ebdd2984442e12af3d029.png

My Irish making a statement today against Louisville 😬😆.  

The Maize and Blue opening up against Minneflota as -1.5.... doomed.  Maybe Mr. Milton might make magic missile matchups meet midfield more meaningful mhmm.... working on My M’s there.

I just hope all of these kids stay safe and healthy though the season, all of them, on all teams.

Still waiting on the big 10 to start but wow... Clemson and Bama are on a different level than the rest of the country. If I'm an NFL GM, I tank to get Lawrence.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Lefty

And we decide to throw it 40 times when we’re running for 5 ypc... SMH. Kirby is a great recruiter and he’s a good coach when we’re supposed to win. But he’s gotten blown out once a year by a west team. Don’t know that he’s any different than CMR other than a defensive vs offensive focus. Yet for some reason he seems to involve himself too much in the offensive game plan. That’s every year we’ve done something well and we go away from it in big games. We don’t have an offense built to win a shootout, but when we can run the ball and shorten the game and give the defense a break, we’ve GOT to run it and shorten the game. Especially against Bama and the like that have an explosive offense. 

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

K-State running the field against their in state rivals 😬. It's the only live game I have available... better than nuttin 😆.  Syracuse giving Clemson some game... something the Tigers haven't seen for a bit.  The Michigan vs. Minnesota game should be a fun one and I suspect the Gophers will need the home advantage to stay close/win.  16F, 12+ winds, and snowing outside... a good day to watch football.

Excited to see what the dudes in A2 have up their sleeves.  I have absolutely zero expectations.  Other than a healthy team.  If my expectations are low, the results don’t matter.

Also. Or sucks seeing empty stadiums.  For a good reason, but this C19 crap needs to find a new home out in space or something.

22 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Excited to see what the dudes in A2 have up their sleeves.  I have absolutely zero expectations.  Other than a healthy team.  If my expectations are low, the results don’t matter.

Also. Or sucks seeing empty stadiums.  For a good reason, but this C19 crap needs to find a new home out in space or something.

What is A2?  Both the Kansas vs. K-State and the Indiana vs. Penn State have fans... not many, but it's a start.

Penn State stepping all over themselves and looking to help Indiana accomplish a season goal 😏.

Well, at least their QB showed up.  Interesting comment about his TD run and that a defender or two looked to be letting up, anticipating a slide.  I could see this as a real advantage for running QB's... perfect the fake slide juke and go.

Had to Google "watch" the Auburn game today, and after surviving yet another near heart attack, got ready to watch Baylor vs. Texas. 3 possessions in came "dad, I want to watch octonauts." The things we do for these tiny little terrorists. 🤣 At least I got my son to watch Shell's WWOG Snead v. Hogan a couple of nights ago, so I'll take that. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

Looks like the boys in Maize and Blue came to play. Although the Gophers gave them a couple so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

3 hours ago, Crowev01 said:

Had to Google "watch" the Auburn game today, and after surviving yet another near heart attack, got ready to watch Baylor vs. Texas. 3 possessions in came "dad, I want to watch octonauts." The things we do for these tiny little terrorists. 🤣 At least I got my son to watch Shell's WWOG Snead v. Hogan a couple of nights ago, so I'll take that. 

Man, I totally feel this. At halftime of UNC v. NC State game son asked me to watch Paw Patrol...I almost missed the entire 3rd quarter before I realized I had been duped into some 50min special and not a regular 20min episode!!

Thankfully, my Heels turned on the jets and put up see big numbers in the second half. GO HEELS! 🐏

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

PSU got robbed.. that was not a good call.

Missed it.  Went to our neighbors for dinner and could not watch the OT 😬.  Heck of a game through regulation. No doubt the PSU squad will be getting an ear full Monday morning about turnovers and the length of a football field worth of ill timed penalties.