Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Official 2020 College Football Thread

fixyurdivot

Whewwww.  My Irish stumbled their way past UNC on Saturday to remain among the undefeated.  But UNC is a top 20 team and playing well, so I suppose it wasn't too bad a showing on the road.

Top 30 Phew GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Loved seeing the Oregon State Beavers win over the Ducks... sorry O fans but I'm a state college fan (in most cases).

Big win for Michigan State over Northwestern... never underestimate Sparty.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Whewwww.  My Irish stumbled their way past UNC on Saturday to remain among the undefeated.  But UNC is a top 20 team and playing well, so I suppose it wasn't too bad a showing on the road.

Top 30 Phew GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Loved seeing the Oregon State Beavers win over the Ducks... sorry O fans but I'm a state college fan (in most cases).

Big win for Michigan State over Northwestern... never underestimate Sparty.

You forgot the unbeaten PSU showing Michigan who’s boss.

Hope your team can handle Clemson again on the last game.  I am tired of seeing the same dang teams every year.  Give me Cincy vs Texas A&M or something.  

Michigan is about 40 years away from making the playoffs.  Maybe 400.

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

You forgot the unbeaten PSU showing Michigan who’s boss.

Hope your team can handle Clemson again on the last game.  I am tired of seeing the same dang teams every year.  Give me Cincy vs Texas A&M or something.  

Michigan is about 40 years away from making the playoffs.  Maybe 400.

The odds of beating beating Clemson twice in the same season are not great but, in light of the thrashing they gave us last year in the playoffs, Irish fans definitely want another bite at that apple...err Tiger. 

I think Michigan will be back sooner than later.  Jimbo has to go though to make the sooner part happen. Start a rumor that Chris Petersen is coming out of retirement and being courted by Big Blue.  That's the kind of coach Michigan needs to resume the glory days. 

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

The odds of beating beating Clemson twice in the same season are not great but, in light of the thrashing they gave us last year in the playoffs, Irish fans definitely want another bite at that apple...err Tiger. 

I think Michigan will be back sooner than later.  Jimbo has to go though to make the sooner part happen. Start a rumor that Chris Petersen is coming out of retirement and being courted by Big Blue.  That's the kind of coach Michigan needs to resume the glory days. 

I’ve noticed something over the past few years. There is no team spirit.  They go out there and go 3 and out then go sit on the bench.  No standing up encouraging their defense, same goes when the defense is off the field.. which this year isn’t much.

Watching some other games this year, QB’s where up standing next to the HC... fist pumping when the defense got a stop.  This culture used to be at Michigan during the Lloyd Carr days... it hasn’t been back since.

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’ve noticed something over the past few years. There is no team spirit.  They go out there and go 3 and out then go sit on the bench.  No standing up encouraging their defense, same goes when the defense is off the field.. which this year isn’t much.

Watching some other games this year, QB’s where up standing next to the HC... fist pumping when the defense got a stop.  This culture used to be at Michigan during the Lloyd Carr days... it hasn’t been back since.

Exactly.  Start the rumor...

Do It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Urban Meyer to Texas rumors are swirling... Of course Meyer to X University will surface every year. Of course, Texas thinks they can pull any coach they want... And yet they still have clown Herman.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Congratulations to the Chanticleer fans (aka The Roosters?).  A program milestone and this seasons longshot Cinderella story.  The Sunbelt Conference continues to have a Goliath slayer or two most years. Other than a couple of upsets in the PAC12 and TCU's strong showing against the Cowboy's, everyone held serve. 

I saw Harbaugh wants to jump back to the NFL before he gets fired. That would save Michigan plenty of $$$.

And when I try to type Harbaugh, my Google swipe keyboard autocorrected it to garbage. Fitting.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Ugly game from the Tigers this week. Hopefully Clemson can use this bye week to get the defense healthy. There were a lot of key guys down/went down yesterday. We need Skalski back to get past ND and win the chip. 

Loved the tease in the broadcast that if Justyn Ross has a positive result from his doctors appointment this week he could be cleared to suit up against ND...college football wants no part of him back and healthy. Kids an absolute beast. I just hope he can come back because he’s so talented and it’d be criminal if he was never allowed to play football again. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

On 10/7/2020 at 7:28 AM, Shankster said:

I am ready for some BIG10 ball.  Even if it requires the annual humiliation during “The Game”... 

Well... you won't have to endure another loss in "The Game" this year. I know Harbaugh is in hot water, and it is very unlikely that Michigan would win, but the game should be played. I'm not buying the CV-19 excuse for cancelling "The Game".

25 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Well... you won't have to endure another loss in "The Game" this year. I know Harbaugh is in hot water, and it is very unlikely that Michigan would win, but the game should be played. I'm not buying the CV-19 excuse for cancelling "The Game".

Me neither.  Your guys would have hung 130 on us.  I’m over all the lack of transparency at the place.  I am boycotting them until they figure something out, it is an absolute mess.

There are no excuses for how poorly coached they are.  Everyone else, besides PSU, looks to be playing about how they normally do, all around the country.  Jim doesn’t get a pass for calling up a Wildcat on the 3 then a time out then a wildcat again... like we don’t know what is coming.... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Nothing against your team, but I think the Indy vs NW BIG10 would be a nice change of pace.  Your team is far and above better, but it is 2020... so why not. 😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
Me and my boys ready for game day!CCD8B704-AB69-4531-8651-C583C21AD1D8.jpeg.723da491843e3b9831f3f16148fede2e.jpeg

Nice win

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Nice winemoji106.png

Thanks! Hopefully two more!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Thanks! Hopefully two more!

I’m not particularly a Clemson fan but I’m a big fan of Trevor Lawrence.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Can’t wait for another 

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. OSU

4. SEC/ND

oh, how exciting.... 🙄

This season has been proof the playoff should be expanded. It’s criminal that Cincy/Coastal Carolina can’t get in. It’s  going to likely be Bama and Clemson in the final, which if you don’t want them in beat them. But other teams have earned the right to try. 

I am quite excited about Clemson though 😂! We’ll try to spank OSU for you. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

3 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

This season has been proof the playoff should be expanded. It’s criminal that Cincy/Coastal Carolina can’t get in. It’s  going to likely be Bama and Clemson in the final, which if you don’t want them in beat them. But other teams have earned the right to try. 

I am quite excited about Clemson though 😂! We’ll try to spank OSU for you. 

I didn’t see the point of them playing again, they had already lost... but congratulations to Clemson, a well coached and talented team that I admire...  

the playoff does need to be changed though.  

I didn’t see the point of them playing again, they had already lost... but congratulations to Clemson, a well coached and talented team that I admire...  
the playoff does need to be changed though.  

Actually this is one of the few times a rematch made sense. Clemson was missing their best players on both sides of the ball, and barely lost on the road. Noter Dame got pants tonight with Clemson with everyone. ND should be the odd man out!

Just now, 2puttbogey said:

Actually this is one of the few times a rematch made sense. Clemson was missing their best players on both sides of the ball, and barely lost on the road. Noter Dame got pants tonight with Clemson with everyone. ND should be the odd man out!

ND was missing some peeps too the first time.  Dwayne Haskins won a NC as a third string... I get your point, but I don’t buy it. 

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

ND was missing some peeps too the first time.  Dwayne Haskins won a NC as a third string... I get your point, but I don’t buy it. 

That was Cardale Jones,  and ND was not missing their best players on bosides of the ball.

6 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

Me and my boys ready for game day!CCD8B704-AB69-4531-8651-C583C21AD1D8.jpeg.723da491843e3b9831f3f16148fede2e.jpeg

What? Not a PAC12 team? 😝.   Ok, each has held home court, now on to the tiebreaker... presuming we don't shat the bed the rest of the way, don't get hosed by the CFB, and can beat Bama.  

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

What? Not a PAC12 team? 😝.   Ok, each has held home court, now on to the tiebreaker... presuming we don't shat the bed the rest of the way, don't get hosed by the CFB, and can beat Bama.  

My fiancé’s family are hardcore UCLA fans. I went to Clemson though! I’m down for the tie breaker, but I think the committees SEC bias will benefit TAMU at your expense. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW