TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official 2020 College Football Thread

fixyurdivot

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Had to comment...

Those Top 4 were determined months ago, and with the way ND lost to Clemson, they have no shot vs Alabama. Texas A&M would have a better chance just because of the history ND has shown under this coach when in the “big games”....

Ohio State, although talented, has no business being in the Top 4 having played just 6 games. I’m sorry, but when others have played almost twice as many games, they deserve it more. Ohio State being in is complete proof that the Top 4 were determined long ago. 
This “playoff” is a complete sham. Clemson will forever be in the Top 4 because the ACC sucks. Teams like Cincinnati start outside the Top 20 and HAVE to be undefeated JUST to move-up 10 spots, and will NEVER be given the chance to get in the Top 4.

Complete joke. The coronations are done in August.

”Every game counts.” B.S!

I think Clemson has more than proven themselves deserving having consistently won while in the playoff. To your point, I think that makes an argument FOR having smaller conferences like AAC get in this year. They might show us something. 

And the ACC used to be weak. It’s coming back. Miami and UNC are coming. The ACC is ahead of every conference but the SEC this year (counting ND). 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

Ohio State, although talented, has no business being in the Top 4 having played just 6 games. I’m sorry, but when others have played almost twice as many games,

Who has played twice as many games? Haven't most teams had to cancel games due to CV19 protocols?

As far as I'm concerned, all college and pro sports should have an asterisk after any "championship" they might win this year. It's not their fault, but it sure won't be what it probably would have been with a normal season.

Edited by silver & black

19 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Who has played twice as many games? Haven't most teams had to cancel games due to CV19 protocols?

As far as I'm concerned, all college and pro sports should have an asterisk after any "championship" they might win this year. It's not their fault, but it sure won't be what it probably would have been with a normal season.

Heck, Army played 11!!!!! SEC has played 10... The Big Ten and PAC 12 should’ve been excluded day 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

I think Clemson has more than proven themselves deserving having consistently won while in the playoff. To your point, I think that makes an argument FOR having smaller conferences like AAC get in this year. They might show us something. 

And the ACC used to be weak. It’s coming back. Miami and UNC are coming. The ACC is ahead of every conference but the SEC this year (counting ND). 

My App State boys beat Carolina last year, and Miami only wins against the weak teams in the ACC..

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Here's hoping my Irish have you all heading back to the thread, hats in hand 😝.  ND has had a fantastic season and deserves their spot in the playoff.  Go Irish!!

ND.gif.3ab6ae29534c8f6c865723ee41dd3a78.gif

“Deserves”???

Um, shouldn’t the operative word be, “EARNED”???

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Here's hoping my Irish have you all heading back to the thread, hats in hand 😝.  ND has had a fantastic season and deserves their spot in the playoff.  Go Irish!!

ND.gif.3ab6ae29534c8f6c865723ee41dd3a78.gif

“Deserves”???

Nothing quite gets the blood boiling like College football right? What a crazy year!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

29 minutes ago, PMookie said:

“Deserves”???

They earned it as well. But I suspect Texas A&M fans have a good case that the Aggies earned and deserves to be in the #4 spot.  

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

As far as I'm concerned, all college and pro sports should have an asterisk after any "championship" they might win this year.

That is why I tagged the thread "season with an asterisk".  The playoff selection looks and feels like most years, but their is a whole lot of football that did not get played and that may have greatly influenced the ultimate outcome.  To that point, I am a BIG Ohio State fan but can totally understand the angst for them holding the #3 spot based on the game count.  I do personally feel they are one of the top 4 teams but not having played 5 games in a season is an advantage. Whoever prevails will always have those "yea but" questions surrounding the trophy... it's just the way it is. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

The ACC is ahead of every conference but the SEC this year (counting ND).

I know that was difficult for you to type 😆.

Plus, since you brought it up, I thought I'd capture this for a little prosperity... cause I may never see it again 🤣.

image.png.b9de19cee8c06ce14e8b3ffb21efdeba.png

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

My App State boys beat Carolina last year, and Miami only wins against the weak teams in the ACC..

“Deserves”???

App State was legit last year. And we shall see how the bowl games go this year!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

8 hours ago, Shankster said:

App State was great in 07 too... sons of guns...

And that game is why the decision makers need to allow the “lower level” teams into the “playoff”. There could be another day when this happens again. Maybe just to the level of Boise, but still, the Championship needs to have a TRUE playoff. UofM came-out ranked #5 that year. FIVE to start the season! 

Anyone watching, interested?  Hope to catch a few of these but the bowl games just don't have the energy this year - sadly.  I always loved watching bowl games this time of year and when we were off for extended break from work.  I turned into a real couch potato (PNW weather in December contributed 🤮).

2020-21 college football bowl schedule, games, scores, dates, opt outs, kickoff times, cancellations - CBSSports.com

I think the Cincinnati vs. Georgia and Florida vs. Oklahoma should be entertaining.  It's amazing that these can still be played absent the fans and be profitable... suppose that says something about where the REAL $$$ is made.

On 12/25/2020 at 2:18 AM, PMookie said:

And that game is why the decision makers need to allow the “lower level” teams into the “playoff”. There could be another day when this happens again. Maybe just to the level of Boise, but still, the Championship needs to have a TRUE playoff. UofM came-out ranked #5 that year. FIVE to start the season! 

It’s been all downhill, with a few little breaks from there... as soon as the Alum and fans forced Lloyd Carr out, that place has been cursed.

The Liberty/Coastal Carolina game turned out to be a great one!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Anyone watching, interested?  Hope to catch a few of these but the bowl games just don't have the energy this year - sadly.  I always loved watching bowl games this time of year and when we were off for extended break from work.  I turned into a real couch potato (PNW weather in December contributed 🤮).

2020-21 college football bowl schedule, games, scores, dates, opt outs, kickoff times, cancellations - CBSSports.com

I think the Cincinnati vs. Georgia and Florida vs. Oklahoma should be entertaining.  It's amazing that these can still be played absent the fans and be profitable... suppose that says something about where the REAL $$$ is made.

Definitely interested in Cincy/Georgia. BYU deserved a better matchup. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

17 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

Definitely interested in Cincy/Georgia. BYU deserved a better matchup. 

I missed it (wife's B-day) but yea, just part of the odd year that has been college football.  But hey, their playing bowl games and the kids are making memories.  

Oklahoma is legit... again. Their QB is Mahomes-esque.  I remember seeing Spencer Rattler featured in a Netflix mini-series, Beyond the Lights, about high school prospects.  Redshirt freshman that I suspect leaves early.

Tulsa vs. Mississippi State... what can you say. 

200.gif.e02f815cfb1bbc71ae88891297e17745.gif

From the bull$#*! pregame antics to the post game frenzy, that was one of the ugliest scenes I ever recall seeing in college football.  I'm hoping a good many players and perhaps even some coaching staff get sanctions leveled against them.  Missing all or a major portion of next season wouldn't seem inappropriate. 

Cincinnati .... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????  Seriously?  3rd and 2 for the first down and the win, and they go for the bomb. A good example of a head coach, out coaching himself.

OK, I want to make sure it is officially on record that Notre Dame won the coin toss 🤣.... and heeeerrreeee we go 😬.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Cincinnati .... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????  Seriously?  3rd and 2 for the first down and the win, and they go for the bomb. A good example of a head coach, out coaching himself.

Cincy had 17 yards total in the last 29 minutes of the game so I think they were thinking the odds better with the pass and an opportunity to catch the defense napping.

As a Georgia fan I would like to say much respect to Cincinnati for a well played game.  I will also say that I think they deserve their top 10 rating and should stay there in the final polls. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

18 minutes ago, DawgDaddy said:

Cincy had 17 yards total in the last 29 minutes of the game so I think they were thinking the odds better with the pass and an opportunity to catch the defense napping.

As a Georgia fan I would like to say much respect to Cincinnati for a well played game.  I will also say that I think they deserve their top 10 rating and should stay there in the final polls. 

He had already used up his handful of rabbit out of the hat play calls IMO.  That situation called for a run or short screen pass; running more time off the clock.  That still may have not made the difference but less clock with no timeouts left makes it more challenging for Georgia.

I don't think there is any doubt Cincy stays in the top 10 and, even with the loss, need to be in the future playoff discussions with season record and quality of play they keep showing.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I understand your frustration, I just think with Ga being in the big games in the past made a difference in the 4th qtr.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I may piss off the ND fans here with this comment, but seriously, that first half was a joke.  It's sad that ND's strategy in this game is to try and run the clock out and shorten the game, mostly because they have ZERO chance of stopping the Alabama offense.  If this was a fight, they would have stopped it already.  ND had no business being in this game, after that whopping Clemson put on them in the ACC Championship.

That goes for Ohio State too.  Whether or not it's their fault, just 5 games is a joke.

This whole season and year of college football is honestly such a waste.  Well, I guess it helped Trevor Lawrence and Mack Jones' draft stock.  Beyond that, I've got nothing.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Well, the good news is that Clemson and Ohio State get to play for a bid at the championship.  The bad news is the award is a date with Alabama. This program continues to perform at another level.

4 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

I may piss off the ND fans here with this comment, but seriously, that first half was a joke.  It's sad that ND's strategy in this game is to try and run the clock out and shorten the game, mostly because they have ZERO chance of stopping the Alabama offense.  If this was a fight, they would have stopped it already.  ND had no business being in this game, after that whopping Clemson put on them in the ACC Championship.

That goes for Ohio State too.  Whether or not it's their fault, just 5 games is a joke.

This whole season and year of college football is honestly such a waste.  Well, I guess it helped Trevor Lawrence and Mack Jones' draft stock.  Beyond that, I've got nothing.

I completely agree. I blame the media!

ND would have lost the first game against Clemson if Lawrence had played.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

6 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

So who should have been playing in the playoff?  

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

So who should have been playing in the playoff?  

Based on the regular season, I think Texas A&M or Cincinnati should have been in over Ohio State. Ohio State should not have been in the Big 10 playoff, but they had to bow down and change their rules at the last minute.

11 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

Cincinnati.

Perhaps, but Alabama hangs an L on them or Texas A&M as well.  That program is simply playing at another level - has been for a decade.