TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ping G410 Crossover

Hi

Please help 
I'm thinking of getting a Ping G410 Crossover 3 iron with regular standard Ping graphite shaft.
I've read that you need at least a 90 mph swing speed to get the best performance from it. My swing speed is around 85 mph with my Driver, Fairway Wood and my Hybrid, (all Ping). Would this swing speed be enough as I intend mainly to use it  off the tee.

Thanks
Richard

@Ratcatcher Richard, you would need to test it out. The idea of needing speed can be related to peak height to optimize performance. However, it also depends on your delivery and strike conditions.

If you hit the numbers you want and it works then go for it. However, if you struggle with height and it falls short then a 3 hybrid or 7 wood might be better.

Or, getting a fitting might show a different flex or shaft might find the sweet spot like Senior flex (M or A flex) which can also be lighter at times. 

The Ping crossover does have a lot of hybrid qualities so it might just work out. If you buy it online then try to make sure they have free returns to lower the risk. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

I have the 2 and 4 and absolutely love them, but would agree to try and get fit (I know it can be a little harder since not everywhere has them), but they have a ton of different shaft options that can help as well as the lofts can be adjusted. Overall a great performing club and one I really enjoy using!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Hi
Please help 
I'm thinking of getting a Ping G410 Crossover 3 iron with regular standard Ping graphite shaft.
I've read that you need at least a 90 mph swing speed to get the best performance from it. My swing speed is around 85 mph with my Driver, Fairway Wood and my Hybrid, (all Ping). Would this swing speed be enough as I intend mainly to use it  off the tee.
Thanks
Richard

I had a 400 3i and absolutely hated it. I though it was the magic bullet for getting off the tee in situations I didn't want to use my driver. Worst club in the bag so I traded it in. Not sure if there's much difference between the 400 and 410. I can honestly say my 410 hybrid with Tensi shaft outperforms the 400 3i

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 9/29/2020 at 1:48 AM, tony@CIC said:

I had a 400 3i and absolutely hated it. I though it was the magic bullet for getting off the tee in situations I didn't want to use my driver. Worst club in the bag so I traded it in. Not sure if there's much difference between the 400 and 410. I can honestly say my 410 hybrid with Tensi shaft outperforms the 400 3i

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Huge different between the two! The 400 was still the big chunky stuck inbetween clubs and the 410 they made much more forgiving and slimmed the profile down by a lot. Made it look a lot like a bigger iron, smaller offset and blends fairly well with my i210s. I would put it more in the driving iron type and the new 425 are black from what I've seen and would love to get my hands on them to test out!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)