TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: BirdieBall PuttUp

GolfSpy MPR

39 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

This weekends practice: removed the ramp to practice shorter and flatter putts. Want to be sure I’m not always trying to make 17 footers. Added some side break by sliding a magazine around underneath. I’ll say this, the size does allow you to try lots of different angles, and putting diagonal across it. Removing those distance indicators let’s you try to roll some in from the side. IMG_6380.JPGIMG_6377.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

How did the break setup with the magazines work out? I have a thin mat and some unlevel spots so I get a break everytime even if I don't want it. Also I am amazed your cat let's you putt. Mine is always jumping on them before I can hole them.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

13 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

How did the break setup with the magazines work out? I have a thin mat and some unlevel spots so I get a break everytime even if I don't want it. Also I am amazed your cat let's you putt. Mine is always jumping on them before I can hole them.

They worked ok. I too have an un-level floor - I’ve got some extra plywood on one side to even it out. You can see I keep a level around and am always tinkering with it. The magazine works ok, but it’s a bit of trial and error. Don’t just push it right up to the hole... The Golfers Journal is pretty thick too, I’ve also slipped some Golf Digest in as well for less break.  I’m looking for subtle breaks, like a ball out or on the edge. Those are the kinds that give me the most problems from three or four feet. 

Holly, the cat, isn’t a problem. She about 13 years old, so she’s beyond the days of batting balls around. She just looks at me like I’m a little crazy then curls up on the bed for a nap. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

6 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

They worked ok. I too have an un-level floor - I’ve got some extra plywood on one side to even it out. You can see I keep a level around and am always tinkering with it. The magazine works ok, but it’s a bit of trial and error. Don’t just push it right up to the hole... The Golfers Journal is pretty thick too, I’ve also slipped some Golf Digest in as well for less break.  I’m looking for subtle breaks, like a ball out or on the edge. Those are the kinds that give me the most problems from three or four feet. 

Holly, the cat, isn’t a problem. She about 13 years old, so she’s beyond the days of batting balls around. She just looks at me like I’m a little crazy then curls up on the bed for a nap. 

That makes sense I hate that subtle amount of break in the shorter putts as well, Normally just try to hammer those for better or worse.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Ok, hope this works.....

Tried some chips onto the mat. Looks like it'll work. Planning to clean out the area behind me in the video to get longer chips in along with putting this winter.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

Ok one big thing I have found with the birdie ball mats is they do not store well at all. I have had my wrapped up for the last 3 months due to moving. All the holes look almost wrinkled and now there is a big crease across the side where the bumper was laying. Would be interested to see how the storage for yalls works?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, tchat07 said:

Ok one big thing I have found with the birdie ball mats is they do not store well at all. I have had my wrapped up for the last 3 months due to moving. All the holes look almost wrinkled and now there is a big crease across the side where the bumper was laying. Would be interested to see how the storage for yalls works?

Starting in January mine will be four nights rolled up in the box, followed by three nights on the floor, for about four months. So stay turned. 

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

tonight’s practice:1051B78F-A7EA-48C1-8F3F-19A06A39D537.jpeg.01e068b85b8fc308bd18c7082091fede.jpeg

i wanted to work on shorter putts. a lot of times i’ll hit a not-so-great lag putt and find myself with 4-5 feet to save par (read bogey) and i struggle with those putts a lot. 

the goal was not only to sink the putt, but to actually hit the little flag stick, essentially drilling the putt dead center in the cup. 

each successful round (5 for 5) id back up another few inches. 

i found that i had a lot more success if i stood a bit taller and straightened my arms out a little bit. this allowed me to take some of the tension out of my arms and feel the weight of the putter head in my hands. 

solid night on the mat, even if it bored some people to sleep...

9449C120-0C13-48CA-A184-0230194A4E05.jpeg.7da52b4fdaa0eb4a372164b357c57381.jpeg

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

@EasyPutteri actually thought about doing that with my bumpers as well. my mat is right up against the couch, so when a ball rolls off it rolls under the couch - pretty annoying.

looks like you beat me to it - glad to see it worked out well!

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

FYI for the tester/reviewers .. and all others interested .. if you're looking to improve your putting game (who isn't?) and are looking for good practice drills and useful improvement plans (who isn't?) .. I can highly recommend the following paperback available on Amazon...

* "Make More Putts" by Juan Gutierrez

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 10/19/2020 at 8:33 PM, tchat07 said:

On the road again...

As I mentioned in my intro, I spend about 100 nights a year (a typical year) in a hotel in DesMoines.  Well, today I took the mat to the StayBridge Suites with me. I kept the original box which you can see below, and hauled in the BirdieBall, my putter, a level, and a box of balls.  The hotel staff has long ago decided I'm a nut.  Nothing like checking in with an Orange Whip under your arm... try explaining that while promising not to mark up the walls or ceiling.

IMG_6396.JPG.a8a7621003c4fdaf1f76de14948a78a3.JPG

First, I rolled the mat up more than 48hours ago as directed, fuzzy size out and I rolled the holes end first so it would be in the middle, and rolled tightest.

You can see in this first picture how it laid out after first unrolling.  The mat as a whole laid pretty flat, but the end wants to curl, as you'd expect. 

IMG_6390.JPG.1527ed98fc1cf655fe343e53accceaa7.JPG

Then after I laid it on top of the ramp - you can see a pretty good sized gap there.

IMG_6391.JPG.5402e47cfc4adfb40e9566b422eb534a.JPG

And then after I attached the top and side bumpers.  Clearly the bumpers force it to flatten out.

IMG_6392.JPG.8799480bc7325e25899c32b942dda572.JPG

And after a few hours with the bumper on, after its removed.  You can essentially see the thickness of the bumper piece that is folded under the mat - you can still see that from the top piece.  But otherwise the curl is gone. 

IMG_6397.JPG.cb124a064aa807b3cadee10f5e3e86d0.JPG

Everything in the kit has a purpose.  The bumpers hold it flat.  What you see in the top picture as the "fifth" hole, the center cut top most hole, is an upside down cup that essentially helps you line up and hold in place the mat on top of the ramp.  It also serves as a challenge hole where you have to have the perfect speed to get a ball to stop and stick in one of the four openings - good luck getting all four...  but I digress...  While I personally don't like the looks of the cup sleeves - they do serve a purpose of helping to hold everything in position as well, keep the mat holes lined up perfect with the ramp holes.  In turn, by holding everything in place the mat essentially has to lay flat.  The holes won't line up if the top mat is curved.  So using the ramp, the bumpers and the hole sleeves - your mat is flattened out and usable pretty quick.  

An observation - You'll see in the op most picture some horizontal lines across the mat.  I assume that comes from the rolling up of the mat and the pressure inside the box.  They have no visible impact on the ball roll so far as I can tell. I think its just the knap of the green (remember its a bit fuzzy) that has been laid flat. I left the included brush at home, otherwise I'd try brushing it out.  I may try later this evening with my hand or a towel or something.  Or it may just wait until my next trip to DSM...

A big personal plus for me - the floor in my hotel is much more level than my basement at home.  And while the hotel has carpet flooring, it is that really thin dense kind with little to no cushion underneath.  The means when I'm walking on the green it really has no give.  Better than when I had it on my own carpet at home, and honestly feels indistinguishable from laying it over my plywood sheets - in fact maybe a bit more stable. 

In terms of durability of the mat, and the cut outs for the holes in particular - time will tell.  Come January this will be rolled up and stored for the weekend, and unrolled again on Monday evenings - so I'll be pushing the hole sleeves in and out, etc weekly... so we'll keep an eye on how they hold up and report on any deficiencies.  

In the meantime, back to the Pelz tutor...

Breakers...

Worked on breaking putts this morning.  I pulled the hole sleeves out of the corners this morning and inserted them into the other two nearer holes to keep balls from accidentally falling in on putts I played too far outside.  I'd rather have them bounce off than have to be retrieved (personal preference), and I wanted to be sure I could get in the side door of the holes I was aiming at. 

This is an instance where if I were king of birdieball for a day I might have made fewer holes - so I could play even more break and putt from farther on the side without being limited by having a hole in my way.  It is possible the king or his engineers thought of that, and still favored all four holes to give options of a hole without as much break, by playing to the two front locations from the side.   I suppose the solution is an even wider mat - you know five or six feet wide; but then She Who Must Be Obeyed might never let me in the house with it, nor could I find the room, and I'd be relegated to the hotel forever... compromise, compromise.  

Back to the hotel!

The BirdieBall has been sitting in its box since Thursday.  Here's a quick look at unpacking and setting up...

Obviously takes a bit longer than 38 seconds... but not by much.

Kept stored in the box were the mat and the ramp (getting them both in takes longer...) all the cups, flags, bumpers, hole sleeves, putter, a box of balls, a six iron and orange whip (other practice tools for the road warrior) and my Pelz putting tutor.  Keep the box! 

Probably should have video'd the insertion of the hole sleeves from another angle - sorry about that.  But needless to say, doesn't take much to set up or tear down.  

• 3 weeks later...

20201111_163914.GIF.d686af1d13135d6fda43169e7cea03f7.GIF

Thinking of fast putts... I've posted my review here

This Lefty's review is up for the BirdieBall PuttUp!

Fire away with any questions you might have and I'll keep posting progress out on the course. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

On 9/28/2020 at 10:55 AM, txgolfjunkie said:

Here’s what I think I could do without or change:

• Fewer holes. Two, maybe three max. 
  • Marks on the mat to designate length from hole
  • Sturdier bumpers that are easier to apply.
  • Prefab hole liners.
  • Lower price point. See Conclusion section.
  • I would like a separate stance mat when you need to stand off the green to practice a certain putt.

Well, that is three for three so far on fewer holes...  Hmmm... Curious to see what the other testers think. 

I get the "easier to apply" on the bumpers. I always struggle with those.

Prefab hole liners - what were you thinking about - a full length fully attached to the cup?  

I was poking around on their web site, and saw that they sell as accessories a "high backed" cup.  Probably not what you were thinking - but sometimes I have trouble getting the hole liners between the cup and the turf - its always a challenge - I'd think using a high-backed cup would make that easier and a better fit.  I'm taking mine apart and moving it all the time - something I've noticed, there are some holes in the ramp where its a really tight fight as IMG_6408.JPG.bd1f7dda8a6150889dd5f9a369acdcc3.JPGyou are pushing the hole cup up from the bottom and it is right against the next layer of foam. 

I would think a high back cup would make for a better fit.  

The trade off, of course, is that if you want to putt on the perfectly flat mat, then you are stuck with the high backed cups - but that is only on one side.  Maybe a combination?  High backed for the two deepest holes, and regular cups for the two shortest.  I'm sure there is some cost of supply difference there, but hopefully the engineering team considered it. 

For what its worth - they do sell a separate stance matt on their accessories page.  I have your opposite problem being a righty - thats why the only time I putt at the +6 its at an angle for mild or sever breaking putts. 

I told She Who Must Be Obeyed that if Santa was looking for gift ideas she should put their Hole Reduction Inserts on the list.  I've been pretty nice this year, so if I get them, I'll add pictures etc to the thread.  But you never know - I tend to get coal when I least expect it. 

On 9/28/2020 at 10:54 AM, EasyPutter said:

I would have liked mat plugs of the same material that could cover at least a couple holes to be able to putt across slope with curved line which is the majority of putts with my chipping accuracy. While perhaps not something overlooked it may be a future intended feature as an uphill putt from below the pin is rare in my game.

100% !

As I said above, I'm hoping to get the hole reducers - but I went looking on their web site hoping to find hole "plugs".

My biggest reason for hole liners is that I'll use the incline probably 95% of the time. I don't see how practicing a perfectly flat putt is any different than just practicing at the +2' hole on a slight incline. As a lefty, that +2' hole is where I'm spending the majority of my time just for ease of alignment. 

My wish list for the PuttUp:

• Prefab hole liners. 
  • Fewer holes or hole plugs.
  • Stance mat.
  • Built in kegerator.

Seems reasonable enough, right? 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

3 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

My wish list for the PuttUp:

• Prefab hole liners. 
  • Fewer holes or hole plugs.
  • Stance mat.
  • Built in kegerator.

If I were King of BirdieBall for a day I would grant your first two wishes.

1. I think that helps with the install, and holding it all together (and the cups won't fall out when flipping the ramp over...

2. Three holes - or plugs - with the farthest being the middle hole.  I think two plugs ought to do it. 

3. Gotta make a profit, and thats just too expensive of a wish. Plus, if I make the farthest hole the middle, you don't need a stance mat to stand on anymore.   If I grant your wish of the Prefab hole liners, I'm not sure I need the double depth Challenge Cup to hold the mat in place against the ramp.  I can use that spot for a regular cup - right side up or upside down as a Challenge Cup.  As righty I can putt to the +8, but not the +6 without stepping off the mat. But if you make the middle the farthest  then it can be putt to from either position.  (Considering the distances of the +6 and +8; I'd think that center  hole would be around +10 or 20 feet from the edge...???  I' be curious what the BB Engineers would say...)

As a lefty, you ever replace that Challenge Cup with one of the regular cups and putt to it?

(When the other guys post, I'm curious how many of us actually use the challenge cup, and how often  - but I'll save that thought for another day...)

4. In this litigious society?  Ha! Wish denied.

my review is up! fire away with any questions you guys might have.  i really enjoyed testing the PuttUp.

On 9/28/2020 at 10:53 AM, Chip Strokes said:

But on the other hand, I had this happen to me enough to make note of it here:

Hmmm.... I had plenty of putts rejected because the hole was already full.... but never because of a flag stick.  Which hole? The challenge hole?

Completely understand the “walking” of the green.  I’ve notice that in my hotel room.  I don’t really notice it as it happens, as its subtle, but if you step away and come back, oh yeah, it moved. I think in part that is because despite its very large size it is very light weight and the “smooth” side is what is against/gliding on the carpet. Walking on it creates force in a direction, and it doesn’t have the weight to resist so it gives just a bit.  Done over and over it inches or walks across the floor. 

I may grab a couple of Velcro command strips and put them on the bottom of the stance end. I’d think it wouldn’t take too much resistance to hold everything in place. Has anyone else tried that?

2 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Hmmm.... I had plenty of putts rejected because the hole was already full.... but never because of a flag stick.  Which hole? The challenge hole?

Completely understand the “walking” of the green.  I’ve notice that in my hotel room.  I don’t really notice it as it happens, as its subtle, but if you step away and come back, oh yeah, it moved. I think in part that is because despite its very large size it is very light weight and the “smooth” side is what is against/gliding on the carpet. Walking on it creates force in a direction, and it doesn’t have the weight to resist so it gives just a bit.  Done over and over it inches or walks across the floor. 

I may grab a couple of Velcro command strips and put them on the bottom of the stance end. I’d think it wouldn’t take too much resistance to hold everything in place. Has anyone else tried that?

that was the 14’ hole.  it seems to happen most when the hole is empty, which is annoying because usually the flag falls over and i’ve gotta go stand it back up. 

the walking is a minor inconvenience. let me know if the velcro works. i think i’m going to build a base because where i’ve got it set up is a permanent home. 

Thank you to those who have posted their reviews and comments thus far.

Makes adding this to the "winter season" or Christmas wish list that much easier, and also provides insight into setting it up for best results.

Now just hoping for a Black Friday sale from them.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

On 11/21/2020 at 8:05 AM, Chip Strokes said:

the walking is a minor inconvenience. let me know if the velcro works

Back at the hotel I checked to see how much “walking” or “sliding” the putting green did on the carpet.

I first marked the back edge with a Velcro command strip stuck to the floor. 
53280871-C7FF-427B-9BD3-1555D54BBC34.jpeg.8ccd973fc76b6cd5b76daf7f38fc337a.jpeg

After a bit I could see it was moving

810077B0-0474-4B4C-A1AC-555C5A183A02.jpeg.043164f8de389cf9060c0d515bb9eefd.jpeg

By the next day I could see it really moved... 

F6D5ADBA-02BA-4A58-B7C1-52704A037F12.jpeg.e9aa5053b388659cbb26a54e12a51cd4.jpeg

Everyone may not have this problem. I tend to rock back and forth a bit settling (shuffling) my feet (don’t know why, it’s just habit).  That movement or pressure may be what causes the mat to inch backwards.  Maybe it’s the type of carpet.  Maybe my hotel floor is uneven and I’m putting uphill - more than I thought...  I don’t know for sure. And it’s not a big deal - takes no effort to slide the green. But.... a mystery to solve. 

My first action was to attach three Velcro command strips ($4 for 16  at Lowe’s) on the underside of the mat along the bottom/back edge. That definitely stopped the walking. However, this was a bad idea. By holding the back edge firmly in place, by shuffling in my stance a foot or two or three away from the back edge I was still creating pressure and causing the mat to push toward the back, with the edge firmly stuck to the ground. The result? It developed an ever so slight but noticeable upward bow about 6 inches to a foot from the back. Enough to notice setting up to a ball.  I should have expected that. 

Pulled the command strips off.  Put some new ones on at the top of the mat about six inches below where the mat starts it’s upward climb up the ramp.  I would have preferred to Velcro the ramp to the floor, but it does not make flat contact with the floor, it’s foam pieces have just enough of an angle to them I didn’t think the Velcro would make good contact. 

Putting around I can sometimes hear the Velcro pulling at the carpeting, but so far no discernible movement.  Have only rolled a few since the switch, so I’ll update again after a day or so. 

I don't have the slip issue with the mat and my hardwood floors. Maybe it's the humidity that keeps the base layer snug to the floor. Maybe it's the weight of the guy hitting putts that keep it in place...maybe it's the fact that my kids probably spilled milk on the floor and it's now sticky and keeping the mat in place. Either way, no issues on my floors. 

I played a quick 9 the day before Thanksgiving and the greens were slick. I was pleasantly surprised by the pace of my putts. It wasn't a course I normally frequent so the reads on the putts weren't as good as I would like. I attribute the speed to the PuttUp.

I'm planning to play on slick country club greens this Tuesday. I'll spend my evenings on the PuttUp to prep. I'll report back on my progress on a round that could involve pre$$ure putt$.  

• Lefty

Missed this entire thread! I am not in the market for a putting mat but completely forgot to follow this as I was interested. Great context and reviews on this folks. Will be in the market eventually when I have more space so seems like this could be a good option.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just now, Lacassem said:

Missed this entire thread! I am not in the market for a putting mat but completely forgot to follow this as I was interested. Great context and reviews on this folks. Will be in the market eventually when I have more space so seems like this could be a good option.

you definitely need space for this. i know birdieball has smaller offerings and from what i saw with the PuttUp, they make one hell of a product. 

i don’t think you can go wrong with any of their mats. but if you wait until you’ve got some legroom you won’t be disappointed at all with the PuttUp

3 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

you definitely need space for this. i know birdieball has smaller offerings and from what i saw with the PuttUp, they make one hell of a product. 

i don’t think you can go wrong with any of their mats. but if you wait until you’ve got some legroom you won’t be disappointed at all with the PuttUp

I think like everyone on here the goal is to have a full blown golf room in the near future (probably not in the cards until I can’t golf anymore) but eventually a putting area and a minimum a net to hit into in the dog days of winter. For now my 2x10 true birdie gets the job done

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I think like everyone on here the goal is to have a full blown golf room in the near future (probably not in the cards until I can’t golf anymore) but eventually a putting area and a minimum a net to hit into in the dog days of winter. For now my 2x10 true birdie gets the job done

golf room (simulator room?) is definitely the dream someday. for now the putting mat in the basement will have to do 

2 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

golf room (simulator room?) is definitely the dream someday. for now the putting mat in the basement will have to do 

Golf room IE. Bar, sim, darts etc etc lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Golf room IE. Bar, sim, darts etc etc lol

i’m with you man. this is why i wish my basement had taller ceilings.