TESTERS WANTED! ×

Thoughts on a 3:1 Tempo?

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

No, I wouldn’t say you had a fast backswing and think you have a good swing tempo.

Explain distance inconsistencies. What is your dispersion pattern with a 7 iron....how wide and deep?

If I hit 10 shots, about seven would go right at 175 yards. But then two-three shots will either be long or short. My coach and I are currently accrediting the shorter distance to recent swing changes. I just changed coaches to Brandt Snedeker's old coach so I've been seeing him for a few months. We are saying the longer distances are me growing and I will have extra spurts of muscle growth. This was one last look to make sure there was nothing else I could do. My dispersion is pretty good with a push miss.

:ping-small: G430 LST 10.5* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X)

:ping-small: G430 MAX 14* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 7X)

:ping-small: iCrossover 17* (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 80X)

:ping-small: i230 4-PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100)

:titelist-small: SM8 50* F Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 54* F Grind; 10* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 58* M Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:ping-small: PLD Anser 2

:taylormade-small: TP5X

"Practice like you've never won. Play like you've never lost."

I would just echo what others said that if it works then keep it. Personally too slow doesn't work for me. Coming from hockey as a kid the shot needs to be quick so I have kept that up in golf. Also as for your pros with a quick back swing, Bryson is pretty quick on the back swing.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

If I hit 10 shots, about seven would go right at 175 yards. But then two-three shots will either be long or short. My coach and I are currently accrediting the shorter distance to recent swing changes. I just changed coaches to Brandt Snedeker's old coach so I've been seeing him for a few months. We are saying the longer distances are me growing and I will have extra spurts of muscle growth. This was one last look to make sure there was nothing else I could do. My dispersion is pretty good with a push miss.

I personally think you need to learn about shot patterns since you don’t seem to understand what I am asking or what your pattern is.

Take a look at this video starting at the 24:40 mark. Pga player with multiple victories has a 7 iron dispersion pattern of 12 yards deep and 30 yards wide.

Knowing your shot pattern is critical to establish where you are aiming.

Basically your swing needs to be managed by you coach. Don’t look for your own answers. While you are a perfectionist, learn that golf is not a game of perfection and how to manage your expectations.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Finau, Rahm, Bryson, and Matt Wolff have quick or "fast" backswings.  they're all to different lengths, and at different angles, but they all take the club back quickly

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

3 hours ago, Ultimate Junior Golfer said:

The question is, do you know anyone on tour with a very fast backswing? I can't think of any. Plenty have slow backswings but I'm not so sure about fast backswings.

And my answer was, don't mess with what isn't broken. If you can hit the ball well with your current swing and tempo then why chase something simply because someone else thinks the perfect tempo is 3:1?

Based on the video posted above I don't see anything abnormally fast or unserviceable about your swing. If you're working with an instructor and they cite this as a specific issue then by all means you should work with them to address it otherwise you're likely to do more harm than good. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour