Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

- ProV1x vs. ProV1 vs. AVX

Shankster

Alright, alright, alright...

15B61B61-22F7-43BD-BB0C-90211D8B5F48.jpeg.e21ba89c6c1efac110360da1658cfd0a.jpeg

The battle can begin.  The Left Dashes showed up today.  Right now the V1 is slightly behind the AVX in the performance department.  If there is any noticeable performance improvements on the course I will play the - V1x full time.  I really do prefer a softer golf ball. But it is all about lowering scores.  I did play the normal V1x for a few seasons.

I found a new-looking AVX on Sunday so thought I'd play it for a hole or two.  I hit a couple of good drives for me, but they both seemed to be shorter than my usual shots (playing the original Ksig that beat the PV1).  Iron shots were OK, but I didn't see the same spin (not that I get much anyway).  I didn't make any putts with it either.  It finally ended up in the water off my putter.  😁

I'll stick with my Ksigs and PV1X.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Left Dash, 50-70 yard shots out of the rough with a slight wind are a chore to keep on line.  They do come out nice though, low trajectory with a PW for what I was practicing today. 

Also, practiced on the baseball field.  Hit a flop or high pitch to each base, then get to 3rd and hit to 1st and so on.  Pretty good for the “feel” part of the game.  And by baseball field I mean one they set up for whiffle ball.

I have thought about trying this one sometime, I can get a bit spinny at times. Looking forward to hear a bit more about them. I have tried the AVX, but feels a bit soft for me. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I've been playing the left dash for close to a year now. I absolutely love them. They give me the appropriate launch off the driver, plenty of spin and control around the greens, and they combat my "too much spin" problem with my irons. With either the V1 or V1x, I was spinning balls back 10-30 feet on greens. The Left Dash stops right where it lands. To quote Davy Jones, "I'm A Believer" 🙂

I played the AVX for the first time the other day. I thought it was a fantastic ball, but why does it exist? I don't feel it offered anything that the Pro Vs have. Maybe the ball lab will tell us something.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

I played the AVX for the first time the other day. I thought it was a fantastic ball, but why does it exist? I don't feel it offered anything that the Pro Vs have. Maybe the ball lab will tell us something.

Take Dead Aim

For me AVX vs. V1 is a slightly lower flight in the AVX.  After hitting this left dash around the yard today. Both the AVX and the V1 feel like a Duo Soft. 😳

I was given 18 “slightly” used Titleist balls a couple weeks ago. Spot up unevenly V1x, V1, AVX & Trusoft.
Without getting crazy over this the V1x just seemed to be the best overall for me. TruSoft was #2.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

TruSoft was #2.

That TruSoft is a hell of a ball. I was playing a course with extremely soft greens and did not need a urethane ball (at all) and found a TruSoft, so gave it a loop. Really, really impressive.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Left dash is not the ball for me.  Played a quick 9 today.  Forgot to bring the AVX, but my longest drive with the left dash was several yards behind the V1.  289 V1, and 275 left dash, roughly the same strike.  Average drives today were 279 with the V1.  The hole I used the left dash the whole way the driver was only 240, it was a heeled spiny one.  Moving the weights forward really helped here, and I’m sure the SuperSpeed training is paying off.

The left dash is just too dang hard feeling off of every single club.  I did hit some pretty well with the 3 wood off the tee.  257 and 243.

That TruSoft is a hell of a ball. I was playing a course with extremely soft greens and did not need a urethane ball (at all) and found a TruSoft, so gave it a loop. Really, really impressive.

From the small sample I’ve had gotta agree.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Started play this morning w ProV1 and ball felt “bad”, kinda clicky. Switched to Sirxon QStar Tour and felt much better off face of club and a bit longer.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Started play this morning w ProV1 and ball felt “bad”, kinda clicky. Switched to Sirxon QStar Tour and felt much better off face of club and a bit longer.

I am fond of the feel that Srixon produces.  I tried the Q Star Tours. Not too bad!  

It is really too bad that Wilson messed with the 2015 version of the FG Tour.  That was the ball for me.  Marshmallow, but long and spiny. The Q Star reminded me of it a bit.

I am fond of the feel that Srixon produces.  I tried the Q Star Tours. Not too bad!  

It is really too bad that Wilson messed with the 2015 version of the FG Tour.  That was the ball for me.  Marshmallow, but long and spiny. The Q Star reminded me of it a bit.

I’m not familiar with that particular Wilson ball. Q Star Tour is growing on me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 3 weeks later...

Not an AVX fan. I tested them before the release and have tried them since. I just prefer the higher ball flight of the ProV1x.

:titelist-small: TSi2 9.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3 15 / 18.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3H 20° (set for 22)

:titelist-small: CNCPT 5i-48°

:vokey-small: SM8 52° / 58°

:cameron-small: Fastback 1.0 Circle T

1 hour ago, 19hole said:

Not an AVX fan. I tested them before the release and have tried them since. I just prefer the higher ball flight of the ProV1x.

I’d give Jason Day a run for height in the 6 iron and below.  Just towering, anything to flatten it out a smidge is welcoming for me.  

I finally limited myself to 1 brand, 2 models. Pro V1x is my preferred ball. With the 2019 - 20 version, 'hardness' is no longer an issue. it's soft enough to play in any temperature without feeling harsh, or stinging on a mishit. I am more concerned about how far the ball carries, than I am total yardage. Yardage has too many variables to be consistent imho. 

Backup is the Pro V1. I like it for it's lower ball flight. On days when the wind is a real factor, it's easier to flight this ball down. Under the wind, with a lower flight, it often rolls out more, so my total distance isn't that different. I do find, the Pro V1 easier to sell in a forum swap shop, or on a website like CL If I ever have too many in inventory.

As to the price: it's in my wheel house; plus, there is always someone trying to unload them at lower than normal prices.

Up until about July- August I was playing the TP5 almost exclusively. However, I found they can veer off line easier than the Pro V1, due to a bad swing, or an unexpected gust of wind.

These are just my experiences, and are not to be taken as absolutes. YMMV

Edited by Jalan1251@gmail.com
spelling