“Consistent” golf swing

On 9/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, cnosil said:

I read it all the time; people are hesitant to get fit until they have a consistent golf swing. What does this mean?

I look at my swing numbers on a launch monitor and they are consistent. I could look at a 20+ handicapper and their swing would be consistent. I believe that unless a person is doing a major swing overhaul the way a person loads the shaft, the weight needed to tighten swing path, and other shaft needs won’t change as a player improves their swing.

I am guessing the inconsistencies are related controlling low point, arc depth, and face rotation? If so, aren’t these things players at all levels look to control and manipulate with every swing. Look at any player and they have wide dispersion patterns; both width and depth. They don’t know if the swing they are about to make will be 15 yards left

It right if where they are aiming.

When people relate fitting to a consistent golf swing, what do they mean and is there really such a thing as a consistent golf

swing?

i have always preached what you’re getting at here  

I have a lot of thoughts on this, being someone who has had a fitting or two, and certainly owns a swing that is consistent in a handful of improper swing mechanics.

i can save a lot of words by saying, just watch this.  Ian really summed up my experience.  He took one of those improper mechanics and worked to correct it and as a result, i was still a 18-19 at the time, but the fitting proved very beneficial. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I was talking with a guy at work today who is using my old set of DCI’s to make his way around the course.  Just getting into it, he does not have a very powerful move and is not very consistent at all with club delivery.  Shut, open, toe, heel...etc

I am not a fitter, but I can guarantee that he would do well with a G700 type of club, and a half bag of hybrids Just for ball speed help.  His swing is a shorter version of Daly. Makes a big move to get the club back down inside.  

he is planning on a fitting soon I do believe. 

8 hours ago, edingc said:

This was taken last October before any lessons. The three rounds prior to this fitting I had shot 87, 94 and 95, which basically works out to 17-25 handicap range type of stuff. Pretty normal for me pre-lessons.

image.png.cb9f5266634ad62f62b7dd9b6287b497.png

image.png.21319cf344f9aeb189988290314fe55e.png

Obviously a fairly tight pattern in attack angle, path, and face. I'd say that was pretty consistent.

Just to prove a point about how fitting could help, that day I hit a bunch of different shaft combinations on JPX 919 Forged heads:

image.png.e4892e647b0be484b0154fa1439545de.png

I'm obviously consistently left, but consistency in distance changed dramatically between different shafts. Just a thought.

That's great dispersion.  I'd kill for that.  And your face control is twice as good as mine.  

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
7 Wood  - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha Warbird S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
5i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

What's in timeout:
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4i - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )