:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Standout for me:

image.png.df3417905d862ca087e5cafcbc7fabaf.png

Multiple threads talking about these and I will say it again....take the name off your golf ball and put this on the tee with it, you wont be able to tell....I will be swapping once my bulk order of PROV1's have been gone through.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Love this ball! % of bad balls right in line with the category leader of the ProV1, but at 2/3 of the cost. Switched to the MTB-X after the 2019 ball test, and don't see myself switching back anytime soon.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero,10°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3W: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 15°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3H: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 18°, KBS Tour Hybrid 75S

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 - 50°/12F, 54°/14F, 58°/14K

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Special Select Squareback 2, 35"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

After this report? Dean better contract with a second ball plant to keep up with orders. I've still got 4 dz Z Star XVs to go, but I'm giving serious contemplation to picking up 5 dz of these. The value is just so good, even before you get the bulk discount!

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

1 minute ago, TR1PTIK said:

Another home run for Snell! I don't know if I'd actually ever game the X (I will definitely be giving it a try now!) so I am very interested in the MTB Black when Tony's able to get enough balls for testing.

Also, I updated the quick reference thread and MTB-X came out .01% BETTER than Titleist Pro V1. While .01% means essentially nothing, the actual value proposition of this ball could wind up being the best of the bunch given it's price point (especially when purchased at the multi-box price of $28.99/doz.).

I am truly impressed with the job Dean Snell is doing.

More like a grand slam for Dean Snell and his group. To compete with ProV1 at that price point for a box is phenomenal, and definitely worth people taking a look.

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

2 minutes ago, GBWarPig said:

definitely worth people taking a look.

Agreed! Only reason a lot of people (myself included possibly) won't elect to play this ball is because of it's 96 compression rating. I don't like soft golf balls, but I do like to be on the softer side of the tour offerings. I will definitely be ordering a test pack of MTB-X and MTB Black for next season.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

3 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Agreed! Only reason a lot of people (myself included possibly) won't elect to play this ball is because of it's 96 compression rating. I don't like soft golf balls, but I do like to be on the softer side of the tour offerings. I will definitely be ordering a test pack of MTB-X and MTB Black for next season.

Compression is big for me, could do without the high spin but I have been enjoying how quickly I have been holding greens so I will be sticking with higher spin. Few weeks back lined up MTBX, PROV1X and Tour BX.... 1X (as always) and MTBX standouts.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Grabbed a dozen of these and a dozen Bridgestone Tour B X while I was on my last dozen of Pro V1x. I really don’t feel much different between them and was seeing the same windows, maybe even a touch higher with the Snell.

This report only added to my confidence in the ball and I’ll probably go ahead and order more of these on my next ball order.

I’ve been very impressed in the early going.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

My swing is *just* fast enough that the softer balls are consistently a few yards shorter on the monitor, and I get more controllable spin for my wedge game with the Snell than I did ProV1s. As always, it's a matter of finding something that fits the way you play, and then rolling with it moving forward. 

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Compression is big for me, could do without the high spin but I have been enjoying how quickly I have been holding greens so I will be sticking with higher spin. Few weeks back lined up MTBX, PROV1X and Tour BX.... 1X (as always) and MTBX standouts.

The Tour BX is the other ball I've yet to try, have a sleeve sitting on my desk in front of me for my next round out! 

Well, remember how I've been saying the race for the ball in 2021 was between three and maybe a fourth if the right ball came in good on the Ball Lab? I think the race just got a fourth challenger.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I think I’ll buy some Chrome Softs.... 🤔

when I tested the Snell I really liked the performance.  But I noted a few more scrutinizing things than they put in the report.

Heck of a gold ball though.

like what in particular? asking because once i run out of the discounted tp5x lot that i bought, snell is on my short list.

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

6 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

like what in particular? asking because once i run out of the discounted tp5x lot that i bought, snell is on my short list.

While I am not trying to answer for him, I have seen where people have been put off a bit by the seam - in some cases it is very noticeable.

I love Snell balls and will eventually get more after my current stock runs out, but one thing that struck me in the article is that 50% of the balls had minor concentricity issues. I don't recall such issues in the other reports that have been issued. I would like Tony to quantify that. What does he consider minor and are we sure it is not potentially performance-effecting?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

21 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

While I am not trying to answer for him, I have seen where people have been put off a bit by the seam - in some cases it is very noticeable.

I love Snell balls and will eventually get more after my current stock runs out, but one thing that struck me in the article is that 50% of the balls had minor concentricity issues. I don't recall such issues in the other reports that have been issued. I would like Tony to quantify that. What does he consider minor and are we sure it is not potentially performance-effecting?

17 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Seams on the cover, I am very picky.  The ball is great for sure.  

thanks!  i can't seem to see it in picture, so i'll pick up a dozen to see for myself.

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

I guess it just shows a particular ball and its feel and perceived performance is very subjective and an individual thing.   There are a lot better players than me on this board commenting e about how good the ball is.  But I just didn't like it, tried 3 dozen last year and ended up giving away two dozen of them.  To me the feel is much harsher than the ProVX and it didn't' spin as well on wedge shots.

No doubt it performed, based on the MGS test last year and the tons of love here.  But I'll be sticking to the VX. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

Remember the early years of the ProV's and their seam?  They performed better by lining up the seam with the ball flight path.  Mr. Nicklaus himself observed this and remarked that he was surprised it was a legal ball.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I have been waiting to comment on my thoughts till I saw a Snell ball go up since I feel it might be the standard of DTC balls.

I honestly feel the ball lab true cost is missing something very critical when factoring in the true price of a ball. However, this should only apply to balls that reach the level of the Snell or ProV’s.

At this point a durability test should be factored in. Just because you can have confidence that you can buy a box and all 12 will be playable does not mean they will hold up the same. From this article it makes it look like the best option for a tour level ball is clearly the MTB-X. That being said I have my own first hand experience testing this ball at great lengths vs my gamer the ProV1x. Of The box of Snell’s I purchased only 6 balls made it through to the end of the round and none were lost. On full wedge shots and bunker shots (Texas sand not so soft could be a factor) the ball simply did not hold up. 

The ProV1x I can go multiple rounds with the same ball (as long as I don’t sink it). But of course some of this could be my own thoughts from the disappointment I had from Snell. 

I will say the MTB-X performance is on par 100% when good, but once the true price is established and the ball has the metrics of the Snell or ProV’s a durability Assessment needs to be done and added to the true price. 

This is something that I would like to see happen hopefully!

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

34 minutes ago, Shankster said:

If you look at my stage 2 with the putter in the picture you can clearly see the seam.

i see it now.  when i hear "seam" i think baseball and was looking for a raised ridge around the ball.  obviously to each his own but i'm not sure that would bother me in the least bit.  thank you for linking the review

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I went back through the other ball labs to confirm, but concentricity was mentioned in every other report to date. For some, Tony gave numbers, others he did not so it's hard to really compare directly with the data provided, but based on what he did say it does appear Snell had the most issues. However, it's important to note that while 50% may have had visibly noticeable concentricity issues, only 3% were speculated to have any real impact on performance. It is unlikely you'd notice any difference whatsoever if playing the other balls.

IMO, minor simply means that he could see a difference. Maybe he's even taken calipers to some of the balls and has actual data to quantify minor vs. major, but the impact on playability is nil. 

32 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Remember the early years of the ProV's and their seam?  They performed better by lining up the seam with the ball flight path.  Mr. Nicklaus himself observed this and remarked that he was surprised it was a legal ball.

If you go to the Snell website, you can hear Dean commenting on the seam.  All balls are tested now, distance with the seam in line versus perpendicular to the line have to be within a certain percent variation.  The original ProV1 wouldn't have passed that test.  All balls have seams, its apparently impossible to manufacture them without using a two-piece mold, its just that on some balls the dimple pattern "interlocks" along the seam.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Snell balls work well for me. I just placed an order for 5 dozen because i need some yellow balls. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Big fan of the MTB-X, and with the SpeedZones I really like the extra spin off the irons while still maintaining low spin off the tee. Last year it was by far the longest ball I played. I split the last two months between MTB-X and Z-Star XVs and they are so close to each other. The XV has a more durable cover, in my opinion, but the feel off the putter is better with the MTB-X (for me). 

I was really curious to see how the MTB-X would do in the Ball Lab as I was about 50/50 split between ordering MTB-Xs or Z-Star XVs for next season. Thinking I'll just bite the bullet and grab 5 dozen yellow MTB-X sometime around Christmas!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

32 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

I have been waiting to comment on my thoughts till I saw a Snell ball go up since I feel it might be the standard of DTC balls.

I honestly feel the ball lab true cost is missing something very critical when factoring in the true price of a ball. However, this should only apply to balls that reach the level of the Snell or ProV’s.

At this point a durability test should be factored in. Just because you can have confidence that you can buy a box and all 12 will be playable does not mean they will hold up the same. From this article it makes it look like the best option for a tour level ball is clearly the MTB-X. That being said I have my own first hand experience testing this ball at great lengths vs my gamer the ProV1x. Of The box of Snell’s I purchased only 6 balls made it through to the end of the round and none were lost. On full wedge shots and bunker shots (Texas sand not so soft could be a factor) the ball simply did not hold up. 

The ProV1x I can go multiple rounds with the same ball (as long as I don’t sink it). But of course some of this could be my own thoughts from the disappointment I had from Snell. 

I will say the MTB-X performance is on par 100% when good, but once the true price is established and the ball has the metrics of the Snell or ProV’s a durability Assessment needs to be done and added to the true price. 

Very good point on the durability as that will factor into the "lifetime costs" if you will, which is a metric consumer reports uses, that I give strong credence to when I'm car shopping. 

One of the guys in our shop that I play with from time to time is a + cap, he prefers the ProVX but will from time to time play another ball for the round that a rep may have given him.  He doesn't hit many trees or cart paths on a given round,. so it's usually an apt comparison, almost always the ProvX is in like new shape at the end of the round.  Some of the others he has tried, look like they've been through 10 rounds. 

26 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

If you go to the Snell website, you can hear Dean commenting on the seam.  All balls are tested now, distance with the seam in line versus perpendicular to the line have to be within a certain percent variation.  The original ProV1 wouldn't have passed that test.  All balls have seams, its apparently impossible to manufacture them without using a two-piece mold, its just that on some balls the dimple pattern "interlocks" along the seam.

Our Superintendent is an old fashioned guy and has played Titleist balls, since shortly after Helen Robinson first put the Titleist script to paper 🙂    He still swears by the seam, but has a harder time finding it.  I like to tell him it's because he's getting older, not that it's not as noticeable any more...ha

4 hours ago, Manimal26 said:

I'm not overly familiar with hardness testing, but I'd suspect that to be the best way to try and gauge the durability of a golf ball. Anything else you might do is just up to chance - conditions, strike location, attack angle, variation in wedge grooves, moisture, etc. all impact the likelihood of a ball's cover becoming damaged during the course of play. I guess you could also shoot a ball directly at a club face or plate of steel, but it would need to take place in a controlled environment to yield meaningful results. Even still, that wouldn't offer any guarantee's for the individual as we all use different equipment, play in different conditions, and have vastly different swings and impact dynamics.

I once pulled a brand new ball out of the sleeve, played it off the tee, hit my second shot into a bunker, and hit out. When I grabbed my ball off the green to clean it, it had a large gouge in it from the bunker shot. Could have been the simple interaction of sand and club face on the ball, or there could have been some small pebble or something. It's impossible to say for sure - it could have just been a bad ball.

My point is, while durability is certainly an important factor in evaluating the overall performance of a golf ball, how we experience and perceive durability on the golf course can be vastly different. I'm not sure how much value it would truly add to Ball Lab other than to make note of the physical properties of the cover material - which is why I think a hardness test would be best suited for it.

EDIT: So once again I got curious and did a tiny bit of research. Hardness testing is usually reserved for, oh I dunno, hard materials, but if there is testing equipment and protocols available for softer materials like a urethane cover I would be keenly interested. More specifically, I'd be interested in scratch testing, rebound testing, and dynamic hardness (as it relates to Bridgestone Tour B golf balls).

https://fractory.com/material-hardness/

https://www.hardnesstesters.com/test-types/hardness-testing-basics